• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

Energismus

Smash Rookie
Baron_54 said:
You don't know if she's just one character, the words in the update were vague DAMMIT stop talking as if you knew exactly what they meant!
Yeah, nobody knows what it means exactly, and nobody claims no know. We're discussing the possibilities because we are excited about the game. =)

JLoc

Smash Apprentice
§Maverick§ said:
DON'T SAY THAT !!! let's hope that the S-moves are item based or this will be another street fighter...
eh.. Its not going to be another street fighter. Stop being afraid of changes, if it happen it happens.

I'm looking forward to it. Pretty much a whole new level of play.

Energismus

Smash Rookie
Sakuri was in charge of the first two titles that were distictively not street fighter-like. I can't see him going back in the wrong direction. :)

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
warios fart would b like his b move, so as in smashbros they said the more time it passes wario acumulates gas, so it will b a charge move thingy it would make no knockback but it would deal great damage on all players(except wario duh).

FireKP1

Smash Lord
Y34HDUD3!!! said:
warios fart would b like his b move, so as in smashbros they said the more time it passes wario acumulates gas, so it will b a charge move thingy it would make no knockback but it would deal great damage on all players(except wario duh).
Like Mewtwo's shadow ball in SSBM I presume.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Seriously, unless they REALLY REALLY want to f*** with our heads....they're not going to show Mario grabbing an item, then IMMEDIATELY go into a special attack that character never had before which is uber powerful and only uses it for the time he has the aura which the item gave him.

Also, I think Wario Waft (fart) is like his DownB. Supers are a one-shot, short-time thing, I presume, and Waft builds up over time, suggesting it's a fundamental part of his character, implying Waft is not item-based.

BTW, they really need to just leave ZSamus a SEPERATE CHARCTER. So much simpler and definitely the best way to go since we don't want Samus losing a move OR having an uncontrolled change to another character.

Soodey

Smash Apprentice
My guess is that super moves build up over time in a bar and the smash item or whatever you are calling it merely boosts it to the max, so you can use the move instantly after you get the icon.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
Seriously, unless they REALLY REALLY want to f*** with our heads....they're not going to show Mario grabbing an item, then IMMEDIATELY go into a special attack that character never had before which is uber powerful and only uses it for the time he has the aura which the item gave him.

Also, I think Wario Waft (fart) is like his DownB. Supers are a one-shot, short-time thing, I presume, and Waft builds up over time, suggesting it's a fundamental part of his character, implying Waft is not item-based.

BTW, they really need to just leave ZSamus a SEPERATE CHARCTER. So much simpler and definitely the best way to go since we don't want Samus losing a move OR having an uncontrolled change to another character.
Quoted for truth.

If supermoves WEREN't an item, I agree with most people on it being a charged bar. The bar would only increase if you succeed in combos with hits doing more than 9%.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Soodey said:
My guess is that super moves build up over time in a bar and the smash item or whatever you are calling it merely boosts it to the max, so you can use the move instantly after you get the icon.
QFT. This seems pretty likely. That's why Mario did it right after grabbing the item, and yet so far it only seems like you transform into Zamus after doing her super. That would mean that you couldn't even play as Zamus in a match without items.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I'm not sure I like the news about Zamus not being her own character. The "Certain circumstances" mentioned in her description seem to be the ones we've seen in the video, which is only logically her supermove. If Super-Moves are item based (evidence: movie, SSBB logo item), then Zamus will be unplayable when these items are turned off. If the Super-Moves are not (evidence: Wario Description: Flatulance over time), then there may be "broken" moves, making them unfun.

I was hoping for ZS Samus to be her own character entirely, or at least a Zelda -> Shiek transformation at will (only without the Zelda suckiness).

Conker1

Smash Ace
I actually would like the addition of super bars. The super moves won't be terribly overpowered like some people fear they will. There will also probably be an option to turn the supers on and off as well.

nategt4

Smash Cadet
super bars? i dont know about that. as for samus, this speculation is a waste of time, we only have the video for clues and what Sakurai said on the site is too scarce for details. why doesnt the moderator close this forum until FACTS come out that way this thread doesnt end up with 200 pages of posts filled with spam, arguements, and endless discussion of subjects that dont have an answer yet.

i prefer talking about facts and suggestions on this forum

Energismus

Smash Rookie
Maybe every character will be able to use their supermove either after grabbing the logo item or through a unique way.

For example:
Wario has to build 'gas' up over time.
Samus can do it anytime but turns into Zamus afterwards.
Some characters can do it after so many consecutive hits.
Some characters have to slowly charge it up.
Some characters can do it after getting their arse kicked.

Of course, it would get pretty ridiculous if any character could do it too often, but I think it could further emphasize different fighting styles.

Energismus

Smash Rookie
nategt4 said:
super bars? i dont know about that. as for samus, this speculation is a waste of time, we only have the video for clues and what Sakurai said on the site is too scarce for details. why doesnt the moderator close this forum until FACTS come out that way this thread doesnt end up with 200 pages of posts filled with spam, arguements, and endless discussion of subjects that dont have an answer yet.
I don't get it. If you don't want to talk about it, don't read it and don't post. It's that simple.

JLoc

Smash Apprentice
Pit and Missingno ROCK!! said:
Hope not...
Then it shows you have no fate Sakurai and his team..

Like other people have said its probbaly a item.. but if it not are not going to the game cause of that?.. Smash was made to be chaotic.

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
My fear with the 'new' Samus is that she will be overpowered. For example, she is already a heavy-hitting and medium-speed character. If she gains the ability to change into a fast and light character at any time, she'll be completely amazing, and rather like Sheik, only with missiles.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Everybody,it IS AN ITEM!!!HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME STATE THE OBVIOUS ON MY 100TH POST!!!!IT IS AN ITEM IT IS AN ITEM,IT IS AN ITEM,IT IS AN ITEM,IT IS AN ITEM,IT IS AN ITEM,IT IS AN ITEM,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Wow. You really like to think you know everything, don't you?

Like someone more sensible already posted, perhaps the item just fills up your Brawl bar to the max. The reason we think it's not JUST an item? Because Zamus is not a separate character from Samus, and you can only be her under "certain conditions." From the trailer, those "conditions" seem to be using Samus' super move. If that is the case, you wouldn't be able to play as Zamus at all in a match without items.

You can think whatever you want, but you DEFINITELY do not KNOW it's ONLY an item for a FACT.

echo419

Smash Rookie
Energismus said:
Maybe every character will be able to use their supermove either after grabbing the logo item or through a unique way.

For example:
Wario has to build 'gas' up over time.
Samus can do it anytime but turns into Zamus afterwards.
Some characters can do it after so many consecutive hits.
Some characters have to slowly charge it up.
Some characters can do it after getting their arse kicked.

Of course, it would get pretty ridiculous if any character could do it too often, but I think it could further emphasize different fighting styles.
well i think that all super moves will be an option that can be turned on or off so i think that if you need a super move to play Zamus that would make no sense so one of us has to be wrong and i see a opertunity for noobs to abuse the super moves so they should be an optional thing like an item you pick up and all items can be turned off so.....

also that idea of a brawl bar is not very good at all

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
McFox said:

Like someone more sensible already posted, perhaps the item just fills up your Brawl bar to the max. The reason we think it's not JUST an item? Because Zamus is not a separate character from Samus, and you can only be her under "certain conditions." From the trailer, those "conditions" seem to be using Samus' super move. If that is the case, you wouldn't be able to play as Zamus at all in a match without items.

You can think whatever you want, but you DEFINITELY do not KNOW it's ONLY an item for a FACT.
I am sorry,but nintendo is not stupid enough to put in a "brawl bar".Look deep in your heart.You know it is an item.I may have been wrong about character removals,but i didnn't realise nintendo would be adding so much as to have to make more disk space.This,however,is a matter of common sense.Once again,feel free to rub it in my face if I am wrong,but for now,IT IS AN ITEM!!!!

PS:anyone like the new controller? ++
++
++++
+++
++
+

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
McFox said:

If that were true people would complain to turn on items so they could be zamus, although it probally would turn out to be were there's only that one item allowed in a match.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Falco&Victory said:
I am sorry,but nintendo is not stupid enough to put in a "brawl bar".
I bet Nintendo also forgot to consult YOU about what's stupid and what isn't, didn't they? You should contact them before they make any other mistakes.

Like I've said before, Brawl is a NEW game. Therefor, it should have NEW things. I, for one, do NOT want to play SSBMA (Super Smash Brothers: Melee: Again!, in case youdidn't know). I want to play an all NEW game.

...Kanto, Johto, Hoen, Orre, Hyrule, and in a cons
McFox said:

Actually, it's right. Wikipedia, DOJO!!, and several other "fact" sites ALL SAY THAT IT IS AN ITEM. See for yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl#Items_and_abilities

Ask me if you want any more links...

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I must ask you,has Brawl any chance of succeeding with a Brawl Bar?If anybody got in a few more hits, it would be bye bye everyone else.The video clearly pointed out it was an item.If characters gained it different ways,like Mario get it by an item and C. Falcon got it by attacking,in a match with none of the items,the Plumber won't have any need for a tip where he is going.Someone should link to the Super Moves page,since it keeps moving

(Ninetendo did consult me on what is stupid or not.They decided it smart when i threatened with Chuck Norris.When that didn't work,i threatened them with a chorus of Barabara Strisan music while fighting Chuck Norris.Regardless of the small chance of me getting either of these people,they decided not to chance it)

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
guys...it's just a trailer...honestly...whats shown in trailers is not always going come out that way in the release...they prolly just did that for "show" to introduce someone new.

here are my justifications.
Sakurai said "certain conditions" in the first paragraph right? well according to other character bios, their first paragraph just gives a little intro into the character's background. therefore when he said "certain condition" im pretty sure he's stating that she'd take off her suit in certain conditions IN THE PAST or OUT SIDE of Brawl.

Sorry Pit&Missingno, wikipedia is just not a cedible source. i'd like to hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

...Kanto, Johto, Hoen, Orre, Hyrule, and in a cons
kmkzSP1K3R said:
guys...it's just a trailer...honestly...whats shown in trailers is not always going come out that way in the release...they prolly just did that for "show" to introduce someone new.

here are my justifications.
Sakurai said "certain conditions" in the first paragraph right? well according to other character bios, their first paragraph just gives a little intro into the character's background. therefore when he said "certain condition" im pretty sure he's stating that she'd take off her suit in certain conditions IN THE PAST or OUT SIDE of Brawl.

Sorry Pit&Missingno, wikipedia is just not a cedible source. i'd like to hear it straight from the horse's mouth.
1. I'm not basing it on the trailer.
2. Fine with me. I'd probably think the same thing, I guess I'm just too dependent on Wikipedia.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I'm 90% sure that the Super Smashes are done by using an item. The reason people are now questioning whether or not it's an item is because of this:
http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara4/index.html
The flatulence you saw in the movie is a fantastic move we're tentatively calling the Wario Waft. The more time passes, the more Wario's gas builds up...
Maybe once you grab the item, your characters starts charging up they're special with that fire aura around them, & you have to push something to use the special. So the longer you let the special charge, the more powerful it is when you finally use it.

kitsuneboy_geoff
My fear with the 'new' Samus is that she will be overpowered. For example, she is already a heavy-hitting and medium-speed character. If she gains the ability to change into a fast and light character at any time, she'll be completely amazing, and rather like Sheik, only with missiles.
How do you know she'll still have missiles? It'll probably be Zero Suit Samus::Samus as Sheik::Zelda, in that they'll have completely different moves from eachother.

One thing you may be right about though is that ZS Samus could be overpowered. When the trailer was first shown everyone was saying "Meta-Knight & Pit look awesome!!! They'll be top tier for sure!!!" But ZS Samus looks like a combination of Marth(even though her weapon isn't a sword, it still gives her long reach) & Sheik. Not only that, but her whip is also a gun, which means she'll also have projectiles. So, based on what we know, ZS Samus seems the most impressive so far as far as possible tiers are concerned.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Actually, it's right. Wikipedia, DOJO!!, and several other "fact" sites ALL SAY THAT IT IS AN ITEM. See for yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_...s_and_abilities

Except that Wikipedia and Dojo are NOT fact sites, because there ARE no facts.

Whoops!

Falco&Victory said:
I must ask you,has Brawl any chance of succeeding with a Brawl Bar?If anybody got in a few more hits, it would be bye bye everyone else.
None of the super attacks were shown as being instant KO moves.

Falco&Victory said:
The video clearly pointed out it was an item.If characters gained it different ways,like Mario get it by an item and C. Falcon got it by attacking,in a match with none of the items,the Plumber won't have any need for a tip where he is going.Someone should link to the Super Moves page,since it keeps moving
So, once again, here is the problem with that. If you're playing a match with no items, how do you get to be Zamus?

kmkzSP1K3R said:
Except that with Zamus, it's not a little intro on her background. Read again:

Sakurai said:
This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!
That's not a history of Zamus, that is a description of her in this game.

nategt4

Smash Cadet
samus could lose her armor in more than ONE way, her special, too much damage, voluntary removal of armor, how to get the armor back ON is another thing altogether, but if it was possible that would make ZSS/samus more like zelda/shiek only cooler. btw there should be unlockable bosses in the game that are not allowed to be used in tournaments, more modes, battle grounds, trophies(if they are in the game) . And the new characters introduced and the returning characters probably make up the starting playable characters, the rest should be unlockables.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Honestly, I hope they don't put in a "Brawl Bar". It'd unbalance things, IMO. I like being able to come to life and start fresh, not worrying about having a certain bar ratio. You never have to attack (or not attack) just to build up your bar. Plus, we didn't see any kind of bar in the fighting that took place in the video. Not that they couldn't add it in later, but my guess is that it would have already been in there.

Personally, I think people are getting too worked up about this. I'm sure there'll be a way for Zamus to be playable without the item - they're not that stupid. And, if so, there are two possible solutions to the problem: one is that only that item is allowed in tournaments, or the other is that you just can't play as Zamus. For all we know she could suck ***. Just look at what happened to Bowser.

Energismus

Smash Rookie
McFox said:
Energismus, don't double post.
Sorry, I get carried away some times. :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl#Items_and_abilities

The part of the wikipedia article you linked has a tag that says "This article or section may contain original research or unverified claims." And the article itself reads:
The video from E3 also suggests new battle mechanics, such as abilty to perform new special moves, referred to as "Super Smashes" by fans. These abilities seem to be acquired through power-ups, nicknamed "Smash Emblems" by fans.
It is far from evidence of how the game "will" be when it is released almost a year from now.

EDIT:
I almost get the impression that Zamus is going to be fairly weak and that Samus losing her suit is supposed to be a consequence of using her supermove.

Top Bottom