• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

Infil

Smash Journeyman
To freeman123, I highly doubt it will be out that fast. A game like this would benefit massively for being in development for at least 2 years, and this game didn't even start being made until October 2005. I can very easily see it being Nintendo's big Christmas product for 2007.

In fact, I think if it's released earlier than that, we'll be getting a version the developers wished they had more time with. I can actually easily see it being delayed into 2008 as well.

I can't see a game of this magnitude, even with 100 people working on it, being released in under 2 years.

Though, this game will be a huge flagship title for Nintendo at next year's E3, where it will most likely be playable. And by then, editors should get their hands on some of these secret characters.

...Kanto, Johto, Hoen, Orre, Hyrule, and in a cons
Ferro De Lupe said:
Go to Tinypic.com and load your image there. Once you get the website for your picture, go to your Sig option. Type [img,][insert your picture site][/img] (without the comma) and BAM...you got a sig pic.
I know that's an old message but I didn't get to post anything until later cause my mom literally FORCED me to go to da ZOO(she says it's cause my grandma wanted to...). So..what I wanted to say was thx dude. I'll try it and I'll probably get my sig up in about 5-10 mins.

Yota

Smash Apprentice
nomis said:
Yota, I have done you the honor of fixing your sig:

Here is the link: http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3825/fixedsig6kq.jpg
No need to thank me, save your energy for changing your sig.
Well how thoughtful! But, as great as it is having a giant rabid Pac-Man devour everything in within eyeshot, J-PEGs are a sin. Well, not really, but I truely dispise them with an unmentionable passion. :) Maybe next time.

PNG or bust! ;)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yota said:
Wikipedia I can understand. It's a wiki, after all. But Dojo not being seen as a fact site? It's the official site! Why would Smashlabs spread false rumors about thier own game?
Like freeman said, I thought the person was referring to nintendojo.com, a known rumor mill.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Yota said:
Well how thoughtful! But, as great as it is having a giant rabid Pac-Man devour everything in within eyeshot, J-PEGs are a sin. Well, not really, but I truely dispise them with an unmentionable passion. :) Maybe next time.

PNG or bust! ;)
I'm sorry, it was quite noob to use J-PEG, I'm so very deeply sorry.

Pit and Missingno ROCK!! said:
Dudes... blah blah blah
You reminded me of characters that should be in this game before Sonic and Mario: Bad Dudes . Now that, would be unbelievable.

Actually it wouldn't be unbelievable, seeing that they are the most reasonable 3rd party characters to be added, it is only obligatory to add Bad Dudes.

...Kanto, Johto, Hoen, Orre, Hyrule, and in a cons
SSJ4Kazuki said:
I don't think they should be in either....they're 3rd party
Well, you know that thing going around how Snake was sort of like a "pioneer" and a "breakthrough", practically INVITING other 3rd-party char.s to be in. I'd say it's...by now...a 45% chance that other 3rd-party characters(at least 2 others)will come in.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
I'm against Bad Dudes, it just has a cult following for that ****able "ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT?". It has that whole "Dan from Street Fighter" thing going for it.

magar

Banned via Administration
Iron_Chef_Sakai didn't post here, I'm Shocked, because this is where he belongs,
Why?
Because he's Unbelievable!

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Magar, that counts as spam. Albeit minor spam, but spam nonetheless.

Sakai's in a better place now. The Newgrounds BBS to be exact.

You can (try) to forget about him now.

magar

Banned via Administration
SSJ4Kazuki said:
Magar, that counts as spam. Albeit minor spam, but spam nonetheless.

Sakai's in a better place now. The Newgrounds BBS to be exact.

You can (try) to forget about him now.
It's SO hard

Yota

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking, how can we be certain that the attack Samus used in the trailer was her super move? She wasn't glowing, was she?

I think the second option of this poll should be renamed to "It should be only after the energy blast seen in the trailer is used. (If this is a 'super' move, then items must be on.)" I'd vote for that.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Youre right. That could be just an overexageration of a normal attack.

For transforming the armor can just fall off. Having a certain amount of damage is just stupid

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Every character made a special appearance.MK came on a Giant ship,Pit from the heavens,Wario on a motorbike,and Snake from his box.They expressed Samus coming in by an exagerated charge beam.If this is her super,we are all dead.Wasn't her charged B enough?

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
It should either be a Zelda/Shiek sort of deal or they should be completely seperate characters (ie: Doc Mario and Mario). If you limit it to a super-move, it could really limit the character. If it's based off a time charge, a damage taken, or a damage dealt meter, then you make it so that Zamus cannot be used until later in your Stock's life. If you make it the item super-smash, then you make it so that with this item turned off (if the super moves are cheap, or whatever), then Zamus is also not a tournament legal character.

Oh well... I have my money on Zamus being a character you really want to use, but can't. Hopefully Nintendo won't disappoint.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Even if it was her super, I don't think that's what changes her. I think she just did that move & then transformed. I bet she just changes like Zelda/Sheik, which means she'll probably lose her bomb recovery.

Look at it this way, if she does change like Zelda/Sheik, & Zamus if half as good as Sheik, & Samus is still as good as she was in Melee, then we'll have two good characters in one. Zelda/Sheik could have been a very unique competitive character if they both would have been good, but Zelda sucked so no one ever used her.

Can you imagine if characters who are good against Samus do poorly against Zamus & vice versa. Then Samus/Zamus will dominate tournaments.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
pezaddict said:
I think Zamus should be a seperate character altogether.
Ew, no. Clone characters based on alternate versions or characters from the same games suck. Two characters of IDENTICAL characters suck more.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Xemnas said:
Ew, no. Clone characters based on alternate versions or characters from the same games suck. Two characters of IDENTICAL characters suck more.
No...no...NO! They will have different movesets. They will be different. They aren't going to suck. Well maybe they will suck, but they wont be the same.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Xemnas said:
Well, seeing that she won't be a clone (according to moveset(and clones aren't so bad anyway)) it wouldn't suck so bad for her to be a seperate character.

Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
I mean, Link and Y.Link are the same person, but they are 2 different characters. [no one say anything about Y.Link having his own games, because both are based after OoT in Melee] So I don't see why ZSamus and Samus can't be seperate characters.

Samus DOES NOT need to change during battle, she's good enough as is.

Think about all the different ways that Samus can transform into ZSamus:
A) Use up a button
B) Semi-controllable/Uncontrollable["certain conditions"]
C) Hold 'A' before battle starts
D) Transform via 'Super'.

A) EVERYONE can agree with me that this is absurd.
B) Anything uncontrollable in a fighting game is gonna be bad.
C) If this is the case, might as well make her a seperate character? Essentially same thing, since you'll be ZSamus for the whole match anyway.
D) Item-Theory: So we lose a character when we turn items off? GENIUS!
NonItem-Theory: I don't think 'Supers' NOT being an item is pretty lame, say hello to our new MvC2 boys! [and girls]

ZSamus as seperate is just simpler and best thing to do. ;)
Yes, Kabyk-Greenmyst, people DO listen to you.

THK said:
I believe they ARE called Bad Dudes for a reason.
Of course, cause they're so freaking Bad that just thinking of their badness extends your chest and facial hairs. Including women.

Marshigio said:
Bad Dudes are just too bad for you guys who are bashing them.
Marsh seems to have graduated Badass College.

Energismus

Smash Rookie
Actually, I think it would be pretty cool if you couldn't choose when samus lost her armor and became Zamus. It would really make Samus/Zamus an expert's character because you would have to be able to play both characters.

I used to play Sheik and I never used Zelda. I sucked at Zelda. I thought it was stupid that they were the same character because Sheik was so much better than Zelda.

So long as they make Samus and Zamus relatively equal in power (or Samus slightly more powerful than Zamus), I'm happy.

big j11

Smash Rookie
I believe that Zamus should be a character by herself. I think it would be a waste if she would lose her bomb and a recovery move, don't you?

Top Bottom