• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Dodger
I just wanted to say this to the people who say Snake is a Nintendo character because he was in two NES games: No, he's not. Get over it. Solid Snake is the property of Konami/Kojima. It is only by their permission that he has been allowed to be in SSBB. Saying Snake is a Nintendo char is like saying Mega Man, or the contra guys, or Sonic, etc. are Nintendo chars. All those characters have had games on Nintendo consoles so they must be Nintendo chars right? NO! Sonic belongs to Sega, Mega Man belongs to Capcom. I'm not saying they won't be in the next Smash Bros. I believe they have a very good chance of being in the next Smash Bros., but that doesn't mean they are Nintendo characters.
Wtf is your point? We know Snake isn't owned by Nintendo. He's still in the game, so what does anything you just said have to do with anything?

anonymous_joe
but doesnt nintendo own sega now?
no

rounder_nk

Smash Ace
this could have been mentioned before but it would be nice seeing as the cube games are playable to have SSBM Wi-Fi enabled to give us something to chew on. This however would most likely require a lot of work.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
That's not happening, at least not now. Either Sakurai or Miyamoto said that if Sakurai wasn't directing, they might have just ported Melee to the Wii and added Wi-Fi. But now that Sakurai's directing, they're making a whole new game.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Uh... Everybody go Wikipedia.org & look up SSBB & look at the list of confirmed characters. I can't find it anywhere else yet, so I don't know if that info is real or not, but it was just added because I was on Wikipedia like 10 minutes ago & this wasn't there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl

EDIT: Nevermind, it's definately fake because they just took it down. Someone added a bunch of characters(like Blaziken & Sonic) to the confirmed characters list.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, I get the feeling that that's going to be happening a lot, since Wikipedia can be edited by anybody.

I wouldn't trust anything from there unless it was corroborated somewhere more reliable.

JustaPnoy

Smash Apprentice
"Under the direction of series creator Masahiro Sakurai, Super Smash Bros. Brawl will feature classic, GameCube-style combat -- not Wii-style motion-controlled combat. That means players who prefer to play the game with the traditional control setup can look forward to using the GameCube control-style they're already accustomed to."

Thank You!

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
What I do notice....in light of the SSBB madness..

All these random players coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden posting...lol.

It may be just me, but I don't see any of these names in any tourney threads =b.

*i'm a meanie*

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
DireVulcan, there are a ton of people who only play Smash for fun on our forums, and don't bother with tournaments. Please don't assume that only people who play competitively are true Smashers. One of the great things of Smash is that it can be enjoyed by absolutely anybody, whether they want to win money or just kick their friends' butts.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Although I am sad at there being third party characters in the game, now I can frag that stupid pichu. Assuming he is in the game. Pretty good decision to change some character's moves. The power up thing mario got looks kind of fishy. Maybe it's an item that can be turned off. looked way too powerful for me. AAAAAGGH! I love you nintendo!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Have you read any of this thread? Or watched the trailer? The SSB coin (item) Mario picked up enabled him to do the super move. It set him on fire, and he did it. Link's Omnislash also worked when he was on fire, as did Kirby's Chef Kawasaki pot.

OcarinaLink

Smash Journeyman
is that the official name for it? Link's Omnislash? Or is that just a crossover from Cloud to Link?

Still...absolutely dying to use that move for the first time with Link...

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I don't care if omnislash is the real name,i just wanna use it.My friend uses Fox and plays me when i use falco,and makes these miraculous 2 to 1 come backs,and i am seeking revenge.Once i beat him,i'll be the best official player in the county!WHOOOOO!!!!By the way,is it just me,or do Metaknight and Snake F***N ROCK!!!!

BentoBox

Smash Master
Anyone else but me worried about this :

E3 2006: Wii Wi-Fi Just Like DS
No standard interface and... friend codes? We've got the scoop.
by Matt Casamassina

May 11, 2006 - Nintendo Entertainment Analysis and Development's general manager, Takahashi Tezuka, recently chatted with IGN about Wii and its online functionality. The EAD leader confirmed once and for all that Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection on Wii would be an extension of the DS service and would not feature a standard interface like Xbox Live. And, uh, yes, get ready to enter those friend codes again.

IGN Wii: What is your plan for the Wi-Fi Connection and how might it compare to Xbox Live?

Takahashi Tezuka: Well, the Wii Wi-Fi Connection works the same as the Nintendo DS one. It's the three qualities that we emphasize. It's easy, safe and free.

IGN Wii: Will it have a central interface a la Live that all games will interact with, or will it be different on a game-by-game basis?

Tezuka: It'll be just like the DS so the interface will depend on the software.

IGN Wii: Will Wi-Fi Connection on Wii also use a Friends Code system?

Tezuka: Yes.
:confused:

anonymous_joe

Smash Apprentice
well theres this site and others to find other people's friend code's so i dont see it being to much of a problem besides actually having to manually insert the numbers

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
OcarinaLink said:
is that the official name for it? Link's Omnislash? Or is that just a crossover from Cloud to Link?

Still...absolutely dying to use that move for the first time with Link...
That's jut what I'm calling it because it's so applicable. :p

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Granted that Snake may be a segway for other 3rd party characters, there is a special relationship between Hideo Kojima and Nintendo, so who knows?

SSBM Characters: Get rid of Pichu and G&W. I actually like G&W, I just don't think he's worthy of SSBB. Seriously, I know it's hard to remove stuff in a sequel, but it must be done. And pichu must be taken out. In fact, I present Nintendo with two options: Get GOOD (cool and strong) pokemon OR just go back to Pikachu and Jigglypuff. Because they are seriously misinformed if they wanted to pick popular pokemon for SSB and decided on M2.

I could see Y.Link being from WW or MM since they specialized Link (TP), why not Y.Link?

Dear god, I want to see me top boy Roy so bad! And his super move. Also, that castle does look like a castle or two from GC Fire Emblem. Or actually Bern from the first GBA Fire Emblem.

IF Waluigi is in it, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a clone of Wario.

Say "AY" if you want a non-swordsman FE unit [Canas/Lucius] for SSBB!!! AY!

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
....I'm very upset. I was disappointed with my GCN. I would've sold it if I hadn't already gotten so many games for it. The Wii? boring. uninteresting to me. I had no interest in buying it. I was through with nintendo....Then my friend tells me that there is a new Smash Bros. trailer. Metaknight? Great incentive, but I wasn't budging. Yes it looked tempting, but I was going to remain loyal to my choices. Then i heard that call. That call of that microphone. That call that made my heart skip a beat. Yes. Snake is in the game. And now? Well. I'm saying up for a PS3, and a Wii now.

**** you nintendo. **** you for being so good.

- Devilkoopa

Yota

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:
The game will use the Gamecube controller.
"...That means players who prefer to play the game with the traditional control setup can look forward to using the GameCube control-style they're already accustomed to." ~ IGN Staff

They said the "control-style," not control.

"The Wii hardware has sockets for the GameCube controller, too. So I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GCN controller yet." ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Sounds like he's hinting that it will use the GCN controller, but that contridicts the fact that Nintendo has said that no first-party Wii games will use the GC controllers. I'd say odds are that it will use the controller skin.

I'm not saying that it absolutely will not use the GCN controller, I'm saying that it shouldn't be considered fact just yet.

Khanczar

Smash Ace
Wait....

Does the Wi-Fi mean that you'll have to get an adapter to play online? Cuz if so im pissd... It seems like im the only person alive with a Mac..... DAM y cant it be something like Xbox live??

BACH

BRoomer
BRoomer
Khanczar said:
Wait....

Does the Wi-Fi mean that you'll have to get an adapter to play online? Cuz if so im pissd... It seems like im the only person alive with a Mac..... DAM y cant it be something like Xbox live??
It'll be fine, it'll find your wireless network, and if you don't have one, Nintendo has a USB wi-fi thingy you can use.

Khanczar

Smash Ace
BACH said:
It'll be fine, it'll find your wireless network, and if you don't have one, Nintendo has a USB wi-fi thingy you can use.

Would there be any chance of this thingy just being something to shove into your wii? ;)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Dang, stupid yahoo internet makes it impossible for me to use Nintendo WiFi for the DS. This could be a problem. On another side note, doesn't the new samus's character look kind of... rated teen?

cmart

Smash Lord
Khanczar said:
Wait....

If it comes down to it, you can configure your airport card (a pretty standard piece of equipment for any modern mac) to act as a router and pipe your connection wirelessly to your wii. There's several online tutorials on how to do this, and it's really not that hard. I got it the first time when I needed to get my DS online.

nategt4

Smash Cadet
i think that the super's should be a earned item , meaning that after weaking your foes to near deatha item pops out near you and you finish them off

Top Bottom