• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UMCP smashers

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Depending on how early I finish my stasis paper, you guys probably shouldn't come over before calling me. So ... call me before you arrive at my door.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
Rolling toward people who stand is generally a stupid idea...
u clearly havent played brawl (not that i blame u lol)

You have no idea how many people don't know that.
again i blame brawl

Wenzel knows.
oh yes i know quite a bit A from ur stupid marth (this is not really an insult to ur marth its just i dont enjoy fighting marths although i think im getting better at said match up) and B i play with chris alot and i cant tell u how many times ive seen him play a new person with jiggs stand a rolls distance away and wait for the roll to rest :laugh:

Any smashing going on tomorrow?
id assume usual friday at joe's? unless joe is busy?

daisho

Smash Lord
I really want to play again today... but I'm a freshmen, have 4 tests next week and have no idea what to expect... someone's gonna have a fun weekend :(

Novamero

Smash Rookie
When and where do you guys smash on Fridays? I'm oddly free today so I might want to head over.

Also if you guys smash at Chestertown on any random day(Thursday? it seems) I'd probably want in. Just PM me for my info.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
When and where do you guys smash on Fridays? I'm oddly free today so I might want to head over.

Also if you guys smash at Chestertown on any random day(Thursday? it seems) I'd probably want in. Just PM me for my info.
Usuallly at Joe's place (325 Courtyards) for a while (starting at like 2 or 3), then we go to David's place (228 Courtyards) sometimes.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I hope we have time to get there before it starts >_< we have intramural frisbee at 12:45 that day

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
No, Winston is going to frisbee too ... I guess I should've specified who "we" was

CTL17

Smash Lord
No, Winston is going to frisbee too ... I guess I should've specified who "we" was
I don't know if you guys will make it before doubles then. Better hope that the faraway people have trouble getting here. You know what, we never start within two hours on time, so whatever.

daisho

Smash Lord
I'd love to play... I've gotten so much better simply watching people play in that tournament. I can actually L cancel and tech on a semi-normal basis and every once in a while pull out a wavedash!

But yea about that... if I always shield after I wavedash that just means that I'm holding the R button down for too long, right?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
That was a problem for me too for a while ... it's unclear why it's such a common problem for when people start out

Just gotta practice in your room more haha
I wish some people would practice tech skill instead of johning
*coughWenzelcough*

^_^

CTL17

Smash Lord
Someone needs to ask Johnny if he's free this Thursday. I remember he had class every other Thursday at 330 and I forget which week it is.

daisho

Smash Lord
Gotcha... just gotta do some more FFAs in my friend's room where I chill on the bottom of corneria and practice techs lol.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
That was a problem for me too for a while ... it's unclear why it's such a common problem for when people start out

Just gotta practice in your room more haha
I wish some people would practice tech skill instead of johning
*coughWenzelcough*

^_^
for ur information wenbo i do practice tech skill quite a bit. i just suck at this game but my doc tech skill is pretty consistent its my falco thats not good/consistent hence why i rarely use it. oh and when have i johned recently?

edit: @daisho gamestop sells cubes plus controller for 30 bucks incase u were lookin to buy

daisho

Smash Lord
I really should... Only problem is that I got an LCD Tv so I wouldnt even be able to practice...

Edit: On second thought I practice on an LCD tv anyway... well I just saved 35 dollars by not going to MLG for brawl so I got some cash to spend lol

CTL17

Smash Lord
I really should... Only problem is that I got an LCD Tv so I wouldnt even be able to practice...

Edit: On second thought I practice on an LCD tv anyway... well I just saved 35 dollars by not going to MLG for brawl so I got some cash to spend lol
My friend got his giant ~30 in. CRT for $10 including a student discount (so like, $8) at the Terrapin Trader. You can probably find similar TV's. Just... find a way to transport it.

BigWenz

Smash Ace

well u dont wanna practice on an lcd tv it fcks up ur timing and hey i did the exact same thing u did lol

daisho

Smash Lord
31 dollars for Cube on Amazon with free shipping
14 Dollars for Melee (free shipping)
10+ Dollars plus figure out a way to get it and a place to put it for a TV
12 Dollars for memory card (including memory card)

That's at least 65 dollars plus annoyances in finding a TV...

Not that I don't have the cash I just hate spending it on a video game because I always play video games in phases.

Though I spent 310 dollars on brawl...

CTL17

Smash Lord
31 dollars for Cube on Amazon with free shipping
14 Dollars for Melee (free shipping)
10+ Dollars plus figure out a way to get it and a place to put it for a TV
12 Dollars for memory card (including memory card)

That's at least 65 dollars plus annoyances in finding a TV...

Not that I don't have the cash I just hate spending it on a video game because I always play video games in phases.

Though I spent 310 dollars on brawl...
So you have a Wii.... why are you getting a Gamecube?
Remember, Terrapin Trader is your friend for TVs. Good TVs for good prices. Unfriendly weight though.

Top Bottom