• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UMCP smashers

CTL17

Smash Lord
It's at my home and I'm from new jersey.

What/where is terrapin trader?
It's on Paint Branch. The CP Metrostation bus will drop you off there. Although I highly discourage that you ferry 50lb TVs on the buses.
Find someone with a car sometime and ask them to take you there. Don't ask us.

CTL17

Smash Lord
I forgot to say what it is. It's a store that the university dumps all of their old technology and furniture. You can find nice office chairs (really dusty though) for like $15, RAM sticks for $5, a desktop mainframe for $40, sofas for $25, and some other random things like chalkboards, incubators, sinks, and projectors.
Then there are those really random things like exit signs, stretchers, and basket fryers.

My dad and I like to go there to look around once in awhile.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
In reality you should just be craigslisting it up. People dump CRTs for free all the time, it's just a matter of getting there.

@Wenzel
Mild banter ... :lick:

daisho

Smash Lord
If this means you don't plan on/don't see yourself playing melee for very long, then I guess it's not worth it (and the practice wouldn't be either).
Well at this point I'm having fun with it and i don't see myself quitting but based on past experiences I feel like I will... who knows?

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Well if you stick with it the 65 dollars or so is a pretty good investment for the returns you get =)

I think this game is unbelievably fun and has so much replay value once you get tech skill, but that barrier is something most people don't want to overcome =\

Joe, if you see this before like 3, do you want to play today?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Craigslist!

Man if Gustav_Winston goes to play ChivalJoe I can do that $32 money match with Joe ...

CTL17

Smash Lord
Sorry to bother you guys so much but where exactly are the courtyards and who would I call to let me in?

Thanks.
Courtyards are off 193. You can take the Courtyards express that stops right in front of the Chem building. If it's past 5, you'd have to take the Purple bus. Call Jow (ChivalRuse) for more information.

But wait, there's more! If you stay for more than 4 hours you can play with DKuo and his roommates!

daisho

Smash Lord
My number is (443) 847-3233.

I'm in Courtyards, apartment 325. Before 5 PM you can take the bus here - #105 from Regents Drive.
Thanks so much man but something came up this week, sorry for the trouble. I'll be sure to head up there a different time though.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
I don't think I'll be available since I'm going home today, but call Luke or Matt to see if we're open.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Yeah, I know, but hopefully some people will join the Smash community by then and keep this alive. Hopefully... ._. I'm a current junior, yeah.

Also, maybe some of you will stay for grad school? 8D Ahaha, I doubt it; I heard it's better to go to a college that you didn't get your undergrad at for graduate school... Or so I hear.

JaceComix

Smash Apprentice
If you're only a junior then yea, a lot of people will probably be gone, but yea I'm sure there will always be other smashers to take our place. (Just a lot less awesome)
Though, if you live nearby there's always the possibility of getting a ride with someone or getting here yourself if you get a license/car.

In other news, I just caught Pound hype fever aids. I want to play this weekend. A lot. O___O

JaceComix

Smash Apprentice
Ya I took a quick look at craigslist but a problem I don't think I'll be able to overcome is the lack of a car.

I'll work on it.
I totally went looking because I don't have a great TV to play on at the moment but I haven't really looked around the house too hard for one either heh.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/ele/2000334761.html
Totally metro/bus-able if it's not a busy time of day.

Double post because don't read this thread often enough.

Top Bottom