• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UMCP smashers

CTL17

Smash Lord
You can come to my place on Thursday, but Friday is the All-Nighter. I'm going to be at Stamp for the entire night. You can come play real-life Mario Party at GSO's room if you want.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I landed a pretty epic combo on Rico's Falcon with my Pikachu.

It was on Battlefield. He was at ~40%. I grabbed him on the middle platform, chain grabbed him to the edge -> u-throw dropzone tailspike -> run off tailspike from the side platform. He couldn't recover. :laugh:

BigWenz

Smash Ace
well i might head over to johnnys again at round 3 15 maybe earlier since going to my 2 oclcock class might not happen and id be down to smash at chris's after that and friday joe's again?

I landed a pretty epic combo on Rico's Falcon with my Pikachu.

It was on Battlefield. He was at ~40%. I grabbed him on the middle platform, chain grabbed him to the edge -> u-throw dropzone tailspike -> run off tailspike from the side platform. He couldn't recover. :laugh:
lol joe its falcon he should never be recovering any way and how da *** does up throw lead to a dropzone lol

edit just realized if hes on da middle platform i guess u could run off and tailspike and it would send him down but i was underthe impression for dropzones the character has to be going down

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
For Pikachu's u-throw, he doesn't toss them up high. They just pop up for a split second, then start falling again, which is why Falcon gets chain grabbed by it. If they DI far enough that there's no ground below them, there's enough hitstun to hit them with a falling aerial.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
does this mean uve given up on yoshi? lol
No. Pikachu is fun and easy to use, but I wouldn't consider him one of my main characters.

Heh heh ... actually, I have a new character in the works right now to add to my Yoshi. My low tiers are about to throw down some major destruction at College Park in the near future. :bee:

JaceComix

Smash Apprentice
I should bookmark this thread.
Visiting parents this weekend, so no smash today

Friday nights are always good, but if anyone wants to play for an hour or two any day after my classes are over, I'm down. Or during that break on Tue/Thur

Also, my schedule is top tier. Be jealous

BigWenz

Smash Ace
I should bookmark this thread.
Visiting parents this weekend, so no smash today

Friday nights are always good, but if anyone wants to play for an hour or two any day after my classes are over, I'm down. Or during that break on Tu
Also, my schedule is top tier. Be jealous
sorry but no ur schedule is not top tier cause u have friday classes any schedule with friday classes is automatically not top tier lol

daisho

Smash Lord
Hey guys, figured I may as well post here since I've been attempting to get in to melee and it would be kinda fun getting beaten by some people.

My schedule is free after 12:15 on tues/thurs and after 3:15 mon/wed so if you guys ever need someone to play or just want to play let me know... I don't have a cube/wii here btw, so we'd have to play at your place... but yeah, PM me or post here if you want to play some time.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
Hey guys, figured I may as well post here since I've been attempting to get in to melee and it would be kinda fun getting beaten by some people.

My schedule is free after 12:15 on tues/thurs and after 3:15 mon/wed so if you guys ever need someone to play or just want to play let me know... I don't have a cube/wii here btw, so we'd have to play at your place... but yeah, PM me or post here if you want to play some time.
thursdays we usually play at ctown at round 3ish and if ur free friday we usually play for quite some time ususally from 1 to like 8 or even later at courtyards depending on whats happening

daisho

Smash Lord
I don't have time before then, unfortunately. What will be the rendezvous process?
I see... seeing as I have 3 tests next week I probably should spend all my free time between now and then studying but I won't

Well the way I see it there are two options.

1) We pick a designated bench to sit at and say a cryptic sentence such as "The Donkey flies over the (then the other person finishes) Pikachu as it is Fsmashed by Marth"

2) I just stand outside whatever building we need to be at and hold my controller or give a description of myself.

CTL17

Smash Lord
So I'm looking at my BIOM class powerpoint to see if I need to go to lecture on Thursday.
… I'm not learning about the chance of rolling a 4 on a die again.

I'll probably pop up at 2-3pm.

daisho

Smash Lord
LOL at assuming I live on smashboards, though I am here alot...

To be honest I thought I was alot worse and am really happy about playing :) I know I still won't win but it's not so bad to the point where it's not interesting. I really gotta work on simple things like l canceling and teching...

CTL17

Smash Lord
LOL at assuming I live on smashboards, though I am here alot...

To be honest I thought I was alot worse and am really happy about playing :) I know I still won't win but it's not so bad to the point where it's not interesting. I really gotta work on simple things like l canceling and teching...
Tech or get stomped 50 times in a row. At least you don't roll every 0.6 seconds. I love to punish those to no end. People who play with me learn to never roll towards a standing threat.

You should go to Chestertown to play with them more often.

Top Bottom