• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Twenty ****ing dollars a year, folks.
Can you imagine if Nintendo charged Sony and Microsoft prices for their online services?

They'd either be able to get their **** together or have even worse PR than they have right now about how bad their online is.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Telling me maintenance is meant to end by the hour.

It better.

D

Deleted member

Eh, whatever, I'm over it now. I'mma go do something else while I wait for Nintendo's potato servers to start wheezing enough to let us through.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh, so there's even more spirits that we didn't see in the presentation?

Nice.
Nah.
Morgana and Zorro are a battle, Ryuji and Captain Kid, Ann and Carmen, Yusuke and Goemon, Makoto and Johanna and Akechi and Robin Hood.

D

Deleted member

Maybe Nintendo and Microsoft's relationship will flourish enough to where Nintendo can use Microsoft's servers so that instead we'll be, at the least, Windows 8 speed, instead of Windows 3.1 speed.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
This is just inevitable for any big game releasing an update. Most of the playerbase is trying to download the same thing at the same time, there's gonna be traffic.
Just be thankful we've never had a Poke Bank situation again.
At least for Nintendo anyway. I've never seen anything crash like this for other companies outside of targeted attacks

Arthur97

Smash Master
So, why did they change Daisy's turnips to match Peach's? Are they really that dead set on making them super samey?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Geez, not loading for you guys? Mine went by really quick! Like in 2 minutes! Don’t know about you guys but, right now, I’m playing Joker trailer on YouTube

D

Deleted member

At least for Nintendo anyway. I've never seen anything crash like this for other companies outside of targeted attacks
Clearly you've never played any Valve game during a the launch of a major update.
Still pretty bad though.

D

Deleted member

when you keep getting error messages

Actually, y'know what? This isn't such a big deal. We're all gonna get the download evntually. Let's just take a step back and appreciate the work the dev team put in to even get this scenario where thousands are linign up to play as Joker from Persona 5 in Smash. The sheer scale of this crossover is insane. Let's appreciate that.

Also me

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
I got in for one second saying the update was going to take 52 hours and 51 minutes then it crashed again lol

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I will edit this as time goes on:
Alright, here's how stage builder works:
Yiu have 12 backrounds to chose from. Those backround being BF, Tomodachi's without the ferris wheel, Wrecking Crew, Kalos Pokemon League, Coliseum, Find Mii, Summit, FD but when fighting Galeem, Magicant, Luigi's Mansion, Rainbow Cruise, and a generic space one that might be Mario Galaxy without the planets or ships. You can make the stage small, medium, or large, and you can pick any song. You draw like in Wii U, but touch screen isn't required. There's freehand, circle, square, and a fill option for terrain. The terrain is: Grass, Dirt, Sand, Steel, Wood, Marvle, Rubber, Denim, Carpet, Paper, Yarn, Sponge, Bouncy Rubber, Ice, and Lava
The gear option rotates the platforms. You can go up to 360 degrees with rotation, and set a speed up to 100. You can choose to reverse it at any time I think, not sure on that.
The rail function is similar,, but it allows you to move platforms in a circle, square, or whatever direction you want it to move. You can do a smooth movement, make it return if it hits an edge, show the rail, as well as hinged terrain. You can also select its speed and start location.
The switch option allows players to activate hazards like moving platforms
As for hazards themselves, there's Cannons, Springs, Warp Zones, Bumpers, Ladders, Bomb Blocks, Explosive Blocks, and Wind.
Bomb Block's are activated by attacks, Explosive Blocks are activated by explosions.
You can do layers I just haven't figured it out yet nevermind got it, just press the icon.
The edit function allows you to set a platform to have gravity, and if it respawns after it goes off screen. This is also where you can set grabbable edges.

Now this is good: I filled up the entire screen with terrain, and it didn't completely fill the meter. No scrolling, drop blocks, or spikes though. You can also do a grid array, which makes your drawings follow the grid if you want straight lines.
And... that's about it guys

Roberk

Smash Champion
My friend who got Joker right as the update released: "GET ****ED LOL."
My friend now: "Joker is very fun btw."
Why must you torture me like this.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, why did they change Daisy's turnips to match Peach's? Are they really that dead set on making them super samey?
I dont understand this change at all. I thought it was cool that they had a difference. Unless there's still one.

At least they changed a few things for better..

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
"You see Nintendo, when a lot of users go into the server to download they get stuck like in a door, so no one can properly enter"
tenor.gif

"Does that mean our servers are indestructible?"
"No, no, a simple data request can cra-"
"Indestructible Servers..."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom