• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
it begins
Corrin danced down the stairs. Oh, what a wondrous day! It is the fifteenth of April, meaning that if the plans were all on schedule the Notre Dame Cathedral should be on ****ing fire. Claude Frollo will finally pay for his crimes.

Unfortunately, nobody had the heart to tell her that The Hunchback of Notre Dame is a fictional story. And that Frollo was actually killed because a gargoyle on the cathedral broke underneath him. Really he would be celebrating the burning of the place where he fell into molten lead and ****ing died.

That didn’t stop Corrin from beaming her way down the stairs, taking notice of the interior of the cabin that she’s been staying in alongside her father and sister. The cozy fireplace, the candles, the bearskin rug, the Chekhov's gun hanging on the wall, the one outlet in the entire ****ing house. Great place. Really.

She bounced happily over to the table and poured out some Raisin Bran™ cereal. Just as she started to chomp down onto some delicious raisins that were in her Raisin Bran™ cereal her father Rämen stomped down the stairs angrily.

“Goddammit we’re all out of ****ing milk. I want my ****ing milk. And food. We’re all out of ****ing food. Corrin go get some milk from Giants.” Rämen said, staring at the empty mini-fridge. It’s not like they had any food in the first place. God he really should go and get a job.

“Where am I supposed to go, we’re like 300 miles deep in the middle of nowhere. Their’s no Giants around here for ages.” remarked Corrin.

“I don’t know, and I don’t care. Figure it out.”

“Can I at least borrow your car, than?”

“Fine.”

“...Where are the keys?”

Rämen sighed, wondering at which point did his life just go completely wrong. He didn’t ask to adopt these kids. ...Okay, maybe he did considering he adopted them, but he didn’t ask for them to be so stupid.

“Go ask your sister.”

“Camilla?”

“Yeah, yeah, the one with the huge *******.”

“...Dad I only have one sister. You don't need to specify which one. Also why are you mentioning her boob siz-”

“Stop asking me stupid ****ing questions.”

Corrin sighed. Her giddiness of watching the Notre Dame burn to the ground was basically gone at this point. She walked upstairs and kicked down Camilla's door.

“Hey sugar,” Camilla said sultrily, “Why don't you have a seat right here…”

“Camilla please I just want the car keys. Please just give me the car keys. Also we're related, you're literally my sister. This **** is weird as hell.” Corrin said exasperatedly.

“We're not blood related though.”

“Still weird as hell.”

“Intelligent Systems doesn't seem to think so.”

“The **** is an intelligent system?”

“...I have no damn clue why I said that. What IS an intelligent system?”

“Camilla. Please. I have no time for your mommy-sister incest bs. Dad’s gonna flip any second now and I just want the keys.”

“Ok ok one second they’re in my boobs.”

“...Why are they in your boobs?”

“Cheap sex appeal to the thirteen year olds on Smashboards because faygoshill promised that this fanfic would be somewhat erotic.”

“Who in the **** is faygoshill?”

Camilla tossed Corrin the car keys that she spent like ten minutes fishing out of her oversized anime boobs. Corrin quickly ran downstairs to get to the car as fast as she could to avoid any further confrontation with her overly incestual sister and weird dad. Unfortunately, she messed up in trying to avoid the latter.

“HEY! Where do you think you’re going, young lady!” Rämen screamed.

“You literally JUST ****ing told me to go get some milk and food from Giants. Somehow. We’re literally neck-deep in the middle of nowhere.”

“Oh. Alrighty then. Make sure you buy some panties while you’re there.”

“First of all, it’s a goddamn grocery store. They don’t sell panties. Second of all, I don’t wear panties, I have a-”

“You’re not the only one who wears panties in this household.”

“Camilla? Pretty sure she goes commando. For some reason. She’s pretty weird actually. Not so sure I feel comfortable with her around. Anyways, who wears panties?”

Corrin sighed, and sped as fast as her little legs could go to the door. After finally getting into the car, she realized- she was free. Free of her weirdly incestual sister. Free of her panty wearing dad. Free of everything. She could go wherever she wanted. She could disappear, and nobody could stop her.

She sighed,and set the in-car GPS to find the nearest Giants. Someday. But not today. Because this story isn't about a girl breaking free of her awful surroundings and becoming her own woman. No no no, this is a story about a girl penising a damn cookie.

END OF ACT ONE
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Mythra Mythra
Huh... I actually thought you were trying to learn more about Corrin and Fates.

Should've known better.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yo the DETAIL in these ****ing renders are exquisite!!

Understandable, mate, have a nice day!
Now I want to see a bunch of different characters make it in just to marvel at the detail and quality

Like I joke about Tetromino a lot but something about being able to zoom in and potentially see like maybe superficial cracks in whatever material they decide they’re made out of

Like just small stuff like that, even something like four blocks put together would leave me in awe haha

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Us Intellectuals really do live in a Utopia, Intellectuals rise down.

Okay seriously though to break up the Shipping talk what are y'alls top 10 favorite video games? Mine would be:

1. Mother 3
2. SMRPG
3. Smash Ultimate
4. DKC 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
5. Banjo-Kazooie
6. LoZ: Majora's Mask
7. Golden Sun
8. Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations
9. Mario Sunshine/Odyssey
10. LoZ: Breath of the Wild
This is an hard question, I usually don't compare games from different series.

Anyway (they are not in order but Kirby's Dream Land 3 is still at the top):

-Kirby's Dream Land 3 (but I also like most of the other Kirby games anyway)
-Super Mario Bros 3 (All Stars version - including the Battle mode)
-The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (both versions, I don't care if they changed some stuff on 3DS I still like it)
-The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening
-Super Mario Sunshine
-Super Smash Bros Melee (yes, so far I still prefer Melee)
-Mario Kart Super Circuits
-F-Zero GP Legend (I know, X and GX exist, but I have more fun with this)
-Rhythm Heaven (any, they are all awesome)
-Super Mario Land II
-Re-Volt
-Age of Empires I and II
-Worms Armageddon
-Sonic Advance 2 (think what you want but I love it)
-Sonic 1 8 bit (Sega Master System - see above)
-Twinkle Star Sprites (don't let the art style fool you, it's a great game, especially in multiplayer)
-Gran Turismo 2 (the series in general but the second is the one I had most fun with... and anyway I like driving simulators in general)
-Alley Cat (a DOS game, yeah!)
-Carmageddon II
-Hollow Knight

honorable mentions:
-Bomberman (any) and Mario Kart 64, both only for the multiplayer (Mario Kart 64 for the Battle mode, the most fun in the series IMO)
-Tails Sky Patrol
-Super Mario RPG (my first RPG kinda, but in retrospective I like it less than when I played it the first time... still a cool game though)
-(probably) Counter Strike... I'm not much into first person shooters, but I played the Chinese(?) clone "Crossfire" for a while and I enjoyed it from the competitive point of view... I think I would enjoy the original as well especially because it doesn't have the freemium trash.
-and the old version of Unreal Tournament, 1999 I think... never got into the more recent ones.
-Sonic Adventure 2 (too flawed to stay in the actual list)
-the "Thief" series and the fan-made "Dark Mod"
-Zelda 2 The Adventure of Link
-some Metroid games such as Prime II Echoes, Hunters, and all the 2D series excluding the original NES one
-Star Fox Assault
-the first Layton game
-Warioland series, all of it excluding Warioland II and World
-Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

and probably more...

I have weird tastes I know... and they are way more than 10, who cares, I don't want to exclude any of those games...
If anything, I'm sure that I forgot some of them.

I grayed out the games that I can remove from the list, but they are still 13 and I can't remove any of those 13 games anymore.
So top 13.

EDIT: I forgot that I also like some puzzle games such as Minesweeper, Picross and Sokoban, about the last one I recently enjoyed Baba is You that's a nice innovation of the Sokoban formula featuring thinking outside the box. and

I FORGOT HOLLOW KNIGHT TOP 14 NOT 13 ANYMORE.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Now I want to see a bunch of different characters make it in just to marvel at the detail and quality

Like I joke about Tetromino a lot but something about being able to zoom in and potentially see like maybe superficial cracks in whatever material they decide they’re made out of

Like just small stuff like that, even something like four blocks put together would leave me in awe haha
stitches and **** on Banjo's shorts

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So avengers endgame has been leaked be weary fellow internet users.

For those brave enough to click them, I have one minor question:
Do any fox characters show up or new heroes in general? I don’t need to know who or how/why but I’m curious .

D

Deleted member

Steve gets in with realistic human flesh textures.

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
Just saw this posted a while ago. Nothing major or new but it’s there. Next week gonna be the week, we can almost taste it. An official render of Joker has been discovered on Nintendo's website in the source code.

Ah shoot :ultgreninja:‘d

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Sorry, but I'm not gonna respond to that question. I'm very personal about my privacy. It's nice to see another Nevadan on the boards, though!
It depended on the area. It could've been relatively nice like Galena to, um............. Sun Valley...

Me? I'm right smack dab in the middle of downtown. I can just taste the meth in the air :yoshi:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
it begins
Corrin danced down the stairs. Oh, what a wondrous day! It is the fifteenth of April, meaning that if the plans were all on schedule the Notre Dame Cathedral should be on ****ing fire. Claude Frollo will finally pay for his crimes.

Unfortunately, nobody had the heart to tell her that The Hunchback of Notre Dame is a fictional story. And that Frollo was actually killed because a gargoyle on the cathedral broke underneath him. Really he would be celebrating the burning of the place where he fell into molten lead and ****ing died.

That didn’t stop Corrin from beaming her way down the stairs, taking notice of the interior of the cabin that she’s been staying in alongside her father and sister. The cozy fireplace, the candles, the bearskin rug, the Chekhov's gun hanging on the wall, the one outlet in the entire ****ing house. Great place. Really.

She bounced happily over to the table and poured out some Raisin Bran™ cereal. Just as she started to chomp down onto some delicious raisins that were in her Raisin Bran™ cereal her father Rämen stomped down the stairs angrily.

“Goddammit we’re all out of ****ing milk. I want my ****ing milk. And food. We’re all out of ****ing food. Corrin go get some milk from Giants.” Rämen said, staring at the empty mini-fridge. It’s not like they had any food in the first place. God he really should go and get a job.

“Where am I supposed to go, we’re like 300 miles deep in the middle of nowhere. Their’s no Giants around here for ages.” remarked Corrin.

“I don’t know, and I don’t care. Figure it out.”

“Can I at least borrow your car, than?”

“Fine.”

“...Where are the keys?”

Rämen sighed, wondering at which point did his life just go completely wrong. He didn’t ask to adopt these kids. ...Okay, maybe he did considering he adopted them, but he didn’t ask for them to be so stupid.

“Go ask your sister.”

“Camilla?”

“Yeah, yeah, the one with the huge *******.”

“...Dad I only have one sister. You don't need to specify which one. Also why are you mentioning her boob siz-”

Corrin sighed. Her giddiness of watching the Notre Dame burn to the ground was basically gone at this point. She walked upstairs and kicked down Camilla's door.

“Hey sugar,” Camilla said sultrily, “Why don't you have a seat right here…”

“Camilla please I just want the car keys. Please just give me the car keys. Also we're related, you're literally my sister. This **** is weird as hell.” Corrin said exasperatedly.

“We're not blood related though.”

“Still weird as hell.”

“Intelligent Systems doesn't seem to think so.”

“The **** is an intelligent system?”

“...I have no damn clue why I said that. What IS an intelligent system?”

“Camilla. Please. I have no time for your mommy-sister incest bs. Dad’s gonna flip any second now and I just want the keys.”

“Ok ok one second they’re in my boobs.”

“...Why are they in your boobs?”

“Cheap sex appeal to the thirteen year olds on Smashboards because faygoshill promised that this fanfic would be somewhat erotic.”

“Who in the **** is faygoshill?”

Camilla tossed Corrin the car keys that she spent like ten minutes fishing out of her oversized anime boobs. Corrin quickly ran downstairs to get to the car as fast as she could to avoid any further confrontation with her overly incestual sister and weird dad. Unfortunately, she messed up in trying to avoid the latter.

“HEY! Where do you think you’re going, young lady!” Rämen screamed.

“You literally JUST ****ing told me to go get some milk and food from Giants. Somehow. We’re literally neck-deep in the middle of nowhere.”

“Oh. Alrighty then. Make sure you buy some panties while you’re there.”

“First of all, it’s a goddamn grocery store. They don’t sell panties. Second of all, I don’t wear panties, I have a-”

“You’re not the only one who wears panties in this household.”

“Camilla? Pretty sure she goes commando. For some reason. She’s pretty weird actually. Not so sure I feel comfortable with her around. Anyways, who wears panties?”

Corrin sighed, and sped as fast as her little legs could go to the door. After finally getting into the car, she realized- she was free. Free of her weirdly incestual sister. Free of her panty wearing dad. Free of everything. She could go wherever she wanted. She could disappear, and nobody could stop her.

She sighed,and set the in-car GPS to find the nearest Giants. Someday. But not today. Because this story isn't about a girl breaking free of her awful surroundings and becoming her own woman. No no no, this is a story about a girl penising a damn cookie.

END OF ACT ONE
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Mythra Mythra

"But why this is about her penising a cook-"
"Stop asking me stupid ****ing questions"

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Oh, what's that? Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones is back with more Smash Bros. speculation? In the middle of an incredibly...interesting day in the social thread? YOU GOT THAT RIGHT.

I was curious, so I looked into the total series sales for gaming series owned by Capcom. The sales numbers are listed on Capcom Japan's official website, which can be found here: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/salesdata.html There's a few interesting things to note about this particular webpage, and I'll go over those now.

As of December 2018, Mega Man, as a series, which was the first Capcom series introduced to Smash Bros, has sold roughly $34 million worth throughout the sale of 152 titles. Street Fighter, the second Capcom series introduced to Smash, has sold roughly $42 million worth throughout the sale of 91 titles. Monster Hunter, the third Capcom series introduced to Smash (without a playable character, though) has made about $53 million across 43 titles. Among series that have not appeared in Smash, but are owned by Capcom, Devil May Cry has had 26 titles and has made $17 million, Okami with 11 titles has made $2.6, Ace Attorney has 26 titles and has made $6.8 million titles...etc.

Resident Evil, however, has made $86 million after 125 titles across the franchise. This is more than both Street Fighter and Mega Man combined. I'm certainly not one to argue based on sales...I think sales are irrelevant, and have shown to be irrelevant, but I do think that in some cases, sales can show legacy.

On this same web page, Capcom lists this quote. "
One of Capcom's many popular franchises, Monster Hunter, which was first released in 2004, has seen numerous popular sequels and a plethora of merchandise which has established it as one of the premier franchises in all of video games.

Another popular Capcom series, Resident Evil, which effectively created the survival horror genre of games, has also established itself as a prominent world recognized franchise, with cumulative sales approaching 86 million copies sold worldwide."
This quote specifically points out Monster Hunter and Resident Evil, two quality series from the company. Neither series has a playable character in Smash, but Monster Hunter does have their most iconic monster, and effectively their mascot, in the game as a boss, a few tracks of music that has been organized with other misc. music. Resident Evil, as of right now in Smash, has nothing.

Among all-time gaming sales (which can be found here AND IS CITED: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises) , specifically among Japanese gaming franchises (I simply have remained unconvinced that Western characters will be added based on ease of access and complications) Resident Evil places 7th (when you include Mario all under one umbrella). The only series to beat it, among Japanese originating series, are Mario, Pokemon, Wii, Final Fantasy, Sonic The Hedgehog, and The Legend of Zelda. Each of these series are in Smash already with playable characters..

The next closest Japanese created series that is in Smash currently, is Donkey Kong at about $58 million, which is closely followed by Metal Gear. Now, once Erdrick is in and brings in Dragon Quest content, that will become the series that follows Resident Evil.

Why am I talking about this? Why does it matter? Well, obviously Capcom values Resident Evil as an IP. It's a series that has made incredible amounts of money, and enjoys starpower when it comes to gaming, and various other media forms. Capcom also values Monster Hunter, clearly, as based on the ratio of titles to revenue, it's their current biggest money maker. When it comes to Smash, and for all I know this may not matter, but the most iconic aspect of the Monster Hunter series, the Rathalos, is already in. The Monster Hunter player character is not what people think of when it comes to Monster Hunter, the monsters are, and Smash already has the most iconic monster. In addition, while this may be seen as flimsy, Monster Hunter has music, but that music is filed into Miscellaneous. That by no means rules out further content, but it just seems...like that's it, at least to me.

All other Capcom series are either quite minor, (Okami hasn't even broken 3 million dollars), or have been soft disconfirmed (see: Devil May Cry and Dante). If Capcom gets another fighter in Smash, and I feel that by no means is that unlikely, Resident Evil actually stands an excellent chance to get into Smash to not only represent itself, but as Capcom themselves says, "created the survival horror genre", therefore bringing a new genre to Smash.

Yes, it's another "wall o'text" from Old Man Jones. Maybe you're sick of my hootin and hollerin about Resident Evil. I've seen fans on various sites now defending the idea of the series in Smash, and I think people have, up until now, ignored the possibility. Overall, if Western 3rd party titles are ruled out, and if Capcom gets another DLC pick, Resident Evil stands arguably the best chance to get a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Thanks for reading!

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Ok the joker topic, this also happened:
Direct soon?
At the very least, a Direct Mini, which would split the fanbase between camps along the lines of

"Hey, what we got is good enough for me, time to wait for E3."
and
"What the f¡&$ is this s*#$, Nintendo, we needed an actual direct you c^$@$%#s!"

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh, what's that? Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones is back with more Smash Bros. speculation? In the middle of an incredibly...interesting day in the social thread? YOU GOT THAT RIGHT.

I was curious, so I looked into the total series sales for gaming series owned by Capcom. The sales numbers are listed on Capcom Japan's official website, which can be found here: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/salesdata.html There's a few interesting things to note about this particular webpage, and I'll go over those now.

As of December 2018, Mega Man, as a series, which was the first Capcom series introduced to Smash Bros, has sold roughly $34 million worth throughout the sale of 152 titles. Street Fighter, the second Capcom series introduced to Smash, has sold roughly $42 million worth throughout the sale of 91 titles. Monster Hunter, the third Capcom series introduced to Smash (without a playable character, though) has made about $53 million across 43 titles. Among series that have not appeared in Smash, but are owned by Capcom, Devil May Cry has had 26 titles and has made $17 million, Okami with 11 titles has made $2.6, Ace Attorney has 26 titles and has made $6.8 million titles...etc.

Resident Evil, however, has made $86 million after 125 titles across the franchise. This is more than both Street Fighter and Mega Man combined. I'm certainly not one to argue based on sales...I think sales are irrelevant, and have shown to be irrelevant, but I do think that in some cases, sales can show legacy.

This quote specifically points out Monster Hunter and Resident Evil, two quality series from the company. Neither series has a playable character in Smash, but Monster Hunter does have their most iconic monster, and effectively their mascot, in the game as a boss, a few tracks of music that has been organized with other misc. music. Resident Evil, as of right now in Smash, has nothing.

Among all-time gaming sales (which can be found here AND IS CITED: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises) , specifically among Japanese gaming franchises (I simply have remained unconvinced that Western characters will be added based on ease of access and complications) Resident Evil places 7th (when you include Mario all under one umbrella). The only series to beat it, among Japanese originating series, are Mario, Pokemon, Wii, Final Fantasy, Sonic The Hedgehog, and The Legend of Zelda. Each of these series are in Smash already with playable characters..

The next closest Japanese created series that is in Smash currently, is Donkey Kong at about $58 million, which is closely followed by Metal Gear. Now, once Erdrick is in and brings in Dragon Quest content, that will become the series that follows Resident Evil.

Why am I talking about this? Why does it matter? Well, obviously Capcom values Resident Evil as an IP. It's a series that has made incredible amounts of money, and enjoys starpower when it comes to gaming, and various other media forms. Capcom also values Monster Hunter, clearly, as based on the ratio of titles to revenue, it's their current biggest money maker. When it comes to Smash, and for all I know this may not matter, but the most iconic aspect of the Monster Hunter series, the Rathalos, is already in. The Monster Hunter player character is not what people think of when it comes to Monster Hunter, the monsters are, and Smash already has the most iconic monster. In addition, while this may be seen as flimsy, Monster Hunter has music, but that music is filed into Miscellaneous. That by no means rules out further content, but it just seems...like that's it, at least to me.

All other Capcom series are either quite minor, (Okami hasn't even broken 3 million dollars), or have been soft disconfirmed (see: Devil May Cry and Dante). If Capcom gets another fighter in Smash, and I feel that by no means is that unlikely, Resident Evil actually stands an excellent chance to get into Smash to not only represent itself, but as Capcom themselves says, "created the survival horror genre", therefore bringing a new genre to Smash.

Yes, it's another "wall o'text" from Old Man Jones. Maybe you're sick of my hootin and hollerin about Resident Evil. I've seen fans on various sites now defending the idea of the series in Smash, and I think people have, up until now, ignored the possibility. Overall, if Western 3rd party titles are ruled out, and if Capcom gets another DLC pick, Resident Evil stands arguably the best chance to get a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Thanks for reading!
I can't believe Chris Redfield is finally getting into Smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
predicting it now:

people will be "against" resident evil characters because their main weapon of choice are millions of real-life guns

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Thanks for reading!
Obligatory staindgrey staindgrey tag

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm just happy I can feel hyped for Joker again. I was so certain I would stay down in the dumps about it, but nah, I'm back on the hype train. I think he's gonna release at PSL next week. We're probably gonna see some footage of him soon before that.

Last edited by a moderator:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
For the first time in my Smashboards history I was the first one to show off a cool bit of news to the boards...

I'm so damn proud of myself.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i personally dont care much about resident evil

if i wanted an M-Rated zombie genre vidya character from Capcom, you already know it's gonna be the man who's done wars... y'know.

1555460762138.png

a lot more moveset potential and variety IMO, the weapon combinations in dead rising are always a fun time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom