• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Lewd is most definitely not the right word. It's just a crop top. Her monkey stomach is showing. She is a monkey. There is zero lewd about this
I mean she's not a monkey.

She's an Ape.

And well lewd no, but... I not going to lie about what I think their direction is lol.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Came on to see what the current topic was....
Well goodbye.

Why can't y'all ever talk about Smash :/

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I mean lewd may not be the right word but

Ehhh, never found her attractive in the slightest, but the redesign is an improvement. I'm also aware it's an extremely-unpopular opinion with the DK fandom, but I'll own it.

In regards to furry characters, the only one I have very fond memories of is Medli. She's still my quintessential "furry crush" for lack of a better term.

D

Deleted member

a heteronormative culture aiming everything at a straight male demographic

i.e. kids have big pp when look at boobies so make gorilla have boobies
Oh I understand. The blood rushing to your pp makes you think worse, meaning you’re more likely to fail in game, meaning it will take longer to beat the game meaning the game has a longer run time so more bang for your buck. Very clever move from John Nintendo.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Came on to see what the current topic was....
Well goodbye.

Why can't y'all ever talk about Smash :/
i mean what are we supposed to talk about

smash is a game, yes

we exhausted like every topic possible

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I went to go get lunch and now we're talking about Tiny's "lewdness"
Y'all, she wears more clothes than Diddy Kong.

Donkey Kong is naked besides a tie. :dkmelee:

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Here's mine, its still kinda early

Gonna make ride expresso I think

1550854486842.png

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Why did they try to make the gorillas vaguely sexy though
Vaguely?
Her design and body shape is something usually reserved for human women in order to garner straight male attention due to the small waist and big bust. This deign in general is already flawed, overdone, and exploitative. But they put it on an monkey ape

I just want to know why nintendo did it

D

Deleted member

Vaguely?

Her design and body shape is something usually reserved for human women in order to garner straight male attention due to the small waist and big bust. This deign in general is already flawed, overdone, and exploitative. But they put it on an monkey ape

I put vaguely there because I thought that people would think I was a furry otherwise. Justified fear, I know.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Vaguely?

Its bad but for none of those reasons.

This doesn't tell me anything about the character. not really.

What does she do, what is her function?

D

Deleted member

experience octo 液モジ
How was I not here for this discussion? Being the resident Splatoon geek is pretty much my thing. Ah well, guess I'll just contribute now:

Gimme a Regret remix that sounds like this, please.

Alright, since I've had Mario 64 on the brain since all day yesterday, I got a question: What do people here think about SM64 VS SM64 DS? I know we've talked about it briefly before, but I'm curious to see more thoughts on it.

As for me personally...I like SM64 DS, but I do believe SM64 is a better version of the game. The controls are just so much more fluid and intuitive than those of SM64 DS, which had this weird habit of making your character do this wide turn when trying to change direction, causing you to fall off platforms all the time. It made levels that required precision like Tick Tock Clock and Rainbow Ride much more frustrating than they were on the original game. That's not even mentioning the weird run button mechanic and 8-directional movement limitations because they were trying to get a 3D platformer to work an a D-Pad of all things.

And while I appreciate all of the new content and playable characters, it's kind of a moot point in the end when the game forces you to switch to a specific character to get a specific star, meaning character choice means very little in the end. You also can't wall jump with anyone except Mario, which is super lame. Heck, you are required to beat the game with Mario, so it honestly always made the addition feel mishandled to me. It gives the game almost a weird, DK64-esque character switching mechanic I was never fond of. I would have prefered if they had just let me pick who I want to be; maybe even make it so that each character increases the difficulty? Yoshi would be easy, Mario would be normal, Luigi hard, and Wario super hard? That would honestly have made the feature have more worth in my eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

Candy literally has no character, so her design being for the sake of sex appeal is what is most egregious about her.
I don't expect donkey kong games to give character development or anything, but if you're going to have a character with little to no lines and no story for themselves, then give them a more mild design than ape with boobs.

D

Deleted member

her function is "the girl"
a shallow function for a shallow character with a shallow design
honestly i wish games would stop this trope of all the characters in a group having a personality except for the female one who's whole personality comes down to "pretty girl"
even worse when it's a ****ing monkey

Pakky

Smash Hero
her function is "the girl"
a shallow function for a shallow character with a shallow design
honestly i wish games would stop this trope of all the characters in a group having a personality except for the female one who's whole personality comes down to "pretty girl"
even worse when it's a ****ing monkey
Its an ape again but you're right.

D

Deleted member

We talking Candy Kong?

She's always been pretty dang bad in terms of design. In 64 I felt they had an excuse because at least they utilized her looks in a way (her distracting K.Rool for example), but after that she's been completely off-putting and her newer designs and renders are just weird.

Other female Kongs are much better in terms of design. Dixie, Wrinkly, and Tiny has her beat both in terms of aesthetic and utility.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Reggie will leave April 15, that's also a good date for one last Nintendo Direct with Reggie... and if that happens, I hope Reggie says farewell giving us Mother 3 and ending with the meme once for all.

D

Deleted member

I've told ya'll before that all Rare designs are horny. That doesn't make them attractive but you can feel the horny energy emanating from each of their designs and it scares me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom