• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
honestly it's not like, disturbing looking, or whatever, like she's cute

it's just that k.rool is a big smelly reptile douche and making him into a cute anime girl x3 x3 x3 gives me a weird vibe its like bowsette kinda
why not make the girl krool look like this artist version of peach bowser, better

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
French website JeuxVideo reports that Ori and Cuphead are headed to Nintendo Switch They also re-confirm the Gamepass/Switch rumors, citing their own sources Also, a high-profile Xbox franchise such as Gears, Halo or Forza could end up on Switch

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1098965260067840000
I really want Killer Instinct to appear back on Nintendo again too. It's basically like how people want Banjo & Kazooie to come home, but a different game for me.

That said, I still own the KI Definite Edition. And it's a pretty sweet thing. I just wish I had waited on Mortal Kombat XL before pre-ordering X.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
these people aren't even gonna remember starfy smh y'all hoes ain't loyal
I never cared for him or Falcon like that so haha
I really hope the new Zelda game builds off of what BotW set up and just expands on it. I'd be really disappointed to go back to linear dungeons after how good and fresh BotW was.

Also, happy birthday to the lamen
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Agreed
moto moto is king k rool confirmed
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Woah
Delete, please
No cause Happy Birthday

KMDP

Smash Legend
What current major Japanese media isn't about friendship? I know Naruto, Sonic Forces, and Kingdom Hearts all run heavily on this principle. Probably a few others I'm forgetting.

Which is weird, since I thought that the "power of friendship" theme was a relic of the 80's or 90's that most people agreed wasn't to be taken seriously, outside of My Little Pony where it was appropriate. But apparently Japanese media's become pretty taken with it in the past decade.
I think I can explain why the Power of Friendship is so prevalent in Manga/Anime these days.

Back in the 80s, there was a lot of economic instability in Japan (a bubble had just burst), and there was therefore a lot of crime (see here), media like Fist of the North Star arose from that as a way to escape the darkness Japan was going through at the time. People wanted to see someone come in to crime-ridden places and destroy the bad-guys with ease (Manga and Anime aren't just for Kids, it's an All-Ages medium, Adults read Shonen Jump too).

But now? There's a lot of work-stress and many people crumble under the pressure, becoming Hikikomori. Withdrawing from society at large is not conducive to forming close personal bonds with other people; media with strong themes of Friendship have probably arisen from that society.

TL;DR, it's all about Escapism.

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Sort of related question:
Does the Xenoblade 2 DLC come with new music, or is it all just re-purposed from the main game?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sort of related question:
Does the Xenoblade 2 DLC come with new music, or is it all just re-purposed from the main game?
The Torna DLC has a bunch of new songs and a couple of repurposed songs

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
LPS is one of my favorite toy lineups and even I'm not interested in its show.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What
are you seriously comparing flat-shaded **** to gloriously shaded amazingness?
No, I'm saying that just by looking at the thumbnail, the show seems stuck between bright neon colors and muddy, dark colors, like someone dropped a highlighter into chocolate pudding. Not a good look.

D

Deleted member

No, I'm saying that just by looking at the thumbnail, the show seems stuck between bright neon colors and muddy, dark colors, like someone dropped a highlighter into chocolate pudding. Not a good look.
fine
you have your opinion
I have mine

D

Deleted member

LPS is one of my favorite toy lineups and even I'm not interested in its show.
honestly the only toys i really own anymore are amiibo and collectable figs of the animes

i miss being a kid and owning like 35 different lego sets lmao

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
It really does have some good ****
jazzy af
Great stuff. Makes me a little sad I forgot about this soundtrack last year. Based on the music for Xenoblade 1/X/2 it probably would have made my Top Ten of the year awards if I'd remembered to listen to it. Oh well, still good music :)

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I'd love to get some DLC tracks in Ultimate as ... DLC.
Gimme summa that O C T O E X P A N S I O N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom