• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The current one? Me too. Honestly, the beard just felt off for some reason.
I do admit, it always looked like a beard to me. The problem is the dark lines don't lead to a smile as well, as there's not enough detail to make it obvious there's teeth or even lips. When the image is enlarged, it looks a bit more like a smile, but it does overall look like a black beard to me.

I also think it looks better on him that having nothing there. Just a nose is kind of eh.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Opo, there are two different versions of Steve.

This is the very early one. It did not even make it into alpha. The reason why this one is used so much is because Mojang used it the most for advertising. However, this is not the current Steve look. Steve also was a mob at one point, named "Human". Humans would spawn and do weird stuff.
View attachment 192782

This one is the current look that Minecraft has been using for a little over a decade.
View attachment 192781

Which one do you prefer?
I can't see the difference, honestly ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D

Deleted member

I do admit, it always looked like a beard to me. The problem is the dark lines don't lead to a smile as well, as there's not enough detail to make it obvious there's teeth or even lips. When the image is enlarged, it looks a bit more like a smile, but it does overall look like a black beard to me.

I also think it looks better on him that having nothing there. Just a nose is kind of eh.
The current one has a nose and a mouth.
The reddish part is a mouth, and the part on top of it is a nose.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
My day went well, but my hypochondria is making my life feel like purgatory. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But hey, I choose to just ignore my feelings of impending doom and talk about video game characters
I don't think that's healthy though
I mean maybe not ignore your issues, but I don’t see any problem talking about that if it keeps your mind off it.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Are you comfortable talking about it?
Let's see... where to start?

I got my first paycheck from the new job today, but I didn't get to really keep any of it due to bills. I couldn't even get the things I really wanted and by the time I get my next check they'll probably be sold out.

I'm feeling kind of sick today.

And lastly, and worst...

My mother is a hypocrite. She tells me to "take pride in my appearance" but when I finally decide to start doing that by shaving off my body hair (in an effort to be more feminine) she tells me I'm doing it wrong and that I'm "listening to Satan's lies."

Like, this is my body. I don't think having nasty, greasy, "manly" hair makes me look attractive, so I wanna get rid of it. She even laughed at me when I told her I wanted to buy Nair for Men, a hair removal product.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I got my first paycheck from the new job today, but I didn't get to really keep any of it due to bills. I couldn't even get the things I really wanted and by the time I get my next check they'll probably be sold out.

And lastly, and worst...

My mother is a hypocrite. She tells me to "take pride in my appearance" but when I finally decide to start doing that by shaving off my body hair (in an effort to be more feminine) she tells me I'm doing it wrong and that I'm "listening to Satan's lies."

Like, this is my body. I don't think having nasty, greasy, "manly" hair makes me look attractive, so I wanna get rid of it. She even laughed at me when I told her I wanted to buy Nair for Men, a hair removal product.
That really sucks, partner. It's like you said, it's your body. Do what you want with it. Don't let her get to you.

nasty, greasy, "manly" hair
I'm hairy as heck and i'm feeling so attacked right now

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
My main issue with Bandana Waddle Dee, beyond just preferring other Kirby characters like Magolor, is that the "main draw" people point to for him is that he uses a spear...but like, he has little tiny nubs for arms and his spear isn't even very long. To me the appeal of a spearfighter is their reach, and Dee just doesn't cut it for me.
So, Ephraim.

D

Deleted member

did you really just

like did you actually
No, not like that.
I do not know why I said that, I must of thought it was some greeting.

And lastly, and worst...

I hope you feel better and get a lot of money.
Also your mom is so mean, I hope you cope through her and remove the hair.

Last edited by a moderator:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

And lastly, and worst...

I'm sorry to hear about this. I know you must get invalidated quite a bit and hearing it from your mom must hurt.

But also, with the job, believe me when I say that sucks. Just save what you can. I'm living paycheck to paycheck at the moment, and barely, at that.
Eat at home, buy in bulk, etc.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

And lastly, and worst...

Sorry to hear you’re going through that. Yeah don’t let her words get to you, do what you feel is best for you. Hope you feel better soon as well. Also I understand the feeling concerning the paycheck, I hope you’ll be able to purchase what you wanted.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

And lastly, and worst...

Oh man... sorry to hear all of that. It doesn't matter what she says, regardless if she's your mother. You have the right to present yourself however you want to. Hope everything works out.

D

Deleted member

You all should consider being optimistic
Life can be rough ( I have been there ), but being optimistic always helps put in a better mood.

D

Deleted member

Ggs to @ShotoStar and RealPokeFan11 RealPokeFan11 ???
It would be appreciated if y'all gave me some feedback on what I can work on to make me better:)
Super late but GG's to you as well. For what you should improve on I think you need to work on your mix-up's as most of the time I could easily read that you were going in for a PK fire and Back throw otherwise I am not sure. I had fun though so thanks for letting me play.

D

Deleted member

I hate it when I accidentally unlike stuff, because it makes history false.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
You all should consider being optimistic
Life can be rough ( I have been there ), but being optimistic always helps put in a better mood.
to be fair, you are quite young, and optimism is a lot easier when you have no job or responsibilities outside of school
Not saying you're completely wrong or anything, but optimism isn't always the best course of action

D

Deleted member

And lastly, and worst...

Ugh she sounds like she suuucks

Does she know you're trans? If she does then it's pretty disrespectful of her to say **** like that, and if she doesn't then you probably have your reasons not to tell her and she seems like a transphobe anyways so that's probably your reason

Just try not to let the **** she says get to you, but if it does then you can always vent here

tbh what they did to ike's nair is essentially making it a nair for men, that **** covers half of battlefield and combos into anything it's a bit ridiculous

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom