• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Lol, they deleted my post. Whoever did that doesn't understand the M A R I O M A K E R T W O hype.

Shroob

Sup?
Lol, they deleted my post. Whoever did that doesn't understand the M A R I O M A K E R T W O hype.
It's fine to be excited.

It's not fine with spamming up the thread with you typing the letter A in all caps several rows over or stretching out the page with blank spaces.

If you want to spam, Discord or 4chan are openly available.

D

Deleted member

Now that I remembered, yeah it's pretty insane to think that Monolith Soft would have anything yet. Remember that they posted job listings back in October 2018, five months ago.

If we're gonna hear anything Xenoblade related or from their studio, it'll most likely be during October-December of this year. Gonna be a while, boys.
I just want a port is it so much to ask

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's a sequel to Super Mario Bros. 2's Western release since Wart is in it.

I also feel like I just got spoiled even though I was starting to put things together about Link being in a dream regardless. At least I don't know the whole plot I guess.
Lol Link's Awakening is a LITTLE more deep than SMB2. Kinda goes without saying...

D

Deleted member

It's fine to be excited.

It's not fine with spamming up the thread with you typing the letter A in all caps several rows over or stretching out the page with blank spaces.

I was joking when I said that. I may have gotten a tiny bit carried away, only a tiny bit.

mariomaker

D

Deleted member

So as of this moment... The announcement for the Link's Awakening Remake has garnered over 20K RTs and 50K likes on Twitter.

Seems as if that was a REALLY big bombshell, huh?

D

Deleted member

I need to settle something. Which is better...

Fortress Boss- Mario Bros 3

or

Fortress Boss-Mario World

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's fine to be excited.

Let's just say as a Discord moderator... we don't like the spam either. It's a pain to deal with just as much. Yeish.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I never really posted my thoughts, did I? I’m not going to address everything.

Super Mario Maker 2 is definitely the part of the Direct I’m most excited about, even if IDK how much I’d play it, I’m still really excited to see what people do with it.

I haven’t played Link’s Awakening so I don’t have nostalgia backing it. The art style looks like it’s more of a thing they made in relatively less time to fill space in between main Zelda games, but it still is cool seeing an old game like this in HD.

Quite a lot of the games there I don’t really care enough about to be interested in getting, but they look cool at least.

It’s still so hilarious that Tetris 99 exists. Seems pretty minimal though, and I’ve seen people complaining about the lack of controller rebinding, which is a pretty valid complaint.

Not much to say about Smash, hopefully we do get some new modes or something. At least we have a timeframe to look for.

I haven’t tried the Yoshi demo yet, but the environment design visually looks so good, looks like there’s plenty of thematic variet as well.

D

Deleted member

The Reznor remix from New Soup 2 is the only outstanding thing about that game.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I dunno, I've had posts get lost in the ether before, lately it's been getting worse. It just feels like the thread has blind spots and it's not really fair
Not to be mean, but part of it is a lot of the time you just say the same ol’ things. We just assume you’ll shoehorn Yoshi in to whatever conversation is happening, and there’s really nothing to comment on or add ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Here's another question I'm wondering about:

What's up with the MCs of Astral Chain?

The dialogue seems to refer to "You two", and the opening scene has them together, but all the gameplay after that has them never on screen together, and they both have the same lines. So are they the same character genderswapped, or are they really just two different characters?

D

Deleted member

Not to be mean, but part of it is a lot of the time you just say the same ol’ things. We just assume you’ll shoehorn Yoshi in to whatever conversation is happening, and there’s really nothing to comment on or add ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Did you just say something about his boi like that?!

D

Deleted member

THEORY:
Dr. Mario and Mario aren't the same person, but twins. Also, Dr. Mario deals more damage because he knows the most vital areas to hit fighters.

D

Deleted member

Here's another question I'm wondering about:

What's up with the MCs of Astral Chain?

The dialogue seems to refer to "You two", and the opening scene has them together, but all the gameplay after that has them never on screen together, and they both have the same lines. So are they the same character genderswapped, or are they really just two different characters?
I feel like it's 100% got some plot thing to do with it, especially with Koizumi saying "It looked like there were 2 characters battling at once, right?"

Maybe some kinda magic anime twin thing or sci-fi experiments, either way I'd bet they've got some kinda mind-link or special bond between the two, especially with the "I really didn't want you two to get caught up in this" line

Agh I can't get over how much I'm gonna love that game so much, ugh

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I normally don't care about weeb games, but Dragon Quest is looking kinda niiiiiiiiiiice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom