• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
So, I take it that the Belmonts were just glorified noob crushers/gatekeepers from the beginning.

D

Deleted member

Hmm Tetris Battle Royal...Good job Nintendo.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
My Tetris play style is "go with the flow". I don't play Tetris very often (this the first time I'm playing it in over a year), so I'm just trying to get used to building up doubles/triples/tetris instead of just singles.

Plus like... 5 people target me during every match, so that's definitely not helping.
Tetris against other people is a different beast to Tetris alone.

It's pretty easy to build up a stack with space on one side, especially if you use the Hold feature. Try to resist the urge to clear lines and patiently wait until you've gotten at least halfway up the board, further if you feel risky.

TetrisExample.png
Here's an example board I made for a visual aid, if you build it up like this, then it pretty much doesn't matter which Tetriminos you drop in the space on the right, you will be able to build up a chain, usually of 1 or 2 lines.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
THEORY:
Dr. Mario and Mario aren't the same person, but twins. Also, Dr. Mario deals more damage because he knows the most vital areas to hit fighters.
Seems more like alternate fighting styles. One goes for vital hits, while the other uses a more average as well as combo moves.

Plus, since Smash doesn't do alternate styles like that outside of separate characters, and they the two Marios aren't a transformation in-game, so... they get different slots. Yeah, kind of common knowledge, but it makes more sense than to think of them as separate people at this point. Same person, different character.

God damn LST just moderates everything
We stan a queen!
I don't moderate the Smash Ultimate section anymore, heh.

D

Deleted member

By the way, before they showed Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition HD Remastered -A fragmentary passage-, they really ****teased us with that RPG jingle, man.

I thought they were finally gonna being Secret of Mana Collection over to the west, and honestly, that would've been such a better announcement. Y'all don't know how hard Seiken Densetsu 3 goes. Thought those trademarks would've been leading to something, but I guess we'll still have to wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

This talk just reminded me when I got this conversation from a random person. They talked about "wooden penguins" or something like that.
That random person was a really good person.
I mean I'll forever picture this Pikachu carrying around pints of beer and saying, "Gutentag" thanks to you.
Guten Tag Ihnen! Wussten Sie, dass dieser ganze Satz übersetzt ist? Enttäuschend, richtig?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Not to be mean, but part of it is a lot of the time you just say the same ol’ things. We just assume you’ll shoehorn Yoshi in to whatever conversation is happening, and there’s really nothing to comment on or add ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Some acknowledgement (or maybe a few likes unless it was way out of line) would've been appreciated at least.

D

Deleted member

Seems more like alternate fighting styles. One goes for vital hits, while the other uses a more average as well as combo moves.

Plus, since Smash doesn't do alternate styles like that outside of separate characters, and they the two Marios aren't a transformation in-game, so... they get different slots. Yeah, kind of common knowledge, but it makes more sense than to think of them as separate people at this point. Same person, different character.

I don't moderate the Smash Ultimate section anymore, heh.
I dunno, Doc and Vanilla Mario seem to have completely different personalities.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’m downloading both demos, Yoshi and Daemon X Machina. I haven’t been wowed by DXM, but I want to at least give it a shot.

The good news for me is that I have another month to finish KH3 and dig into Persona 5. I’m excited for that one.

Thought it was a great Direct overall. More Smash news would have been lovely, but we’ll be getting that soon enough i’m sure. I get the feeling the Smash Direct will be Mid-March to early April depending on when Joker is coming out. I expect a Pokémon Direct to be paired up around E3, similar to Let’s Go last year. Fire Emblem COULD get a Direct, but I can’t imagine there’s much else to talk about for now.

I for one think Fire Emblem looks great. It’s also kinda weird that my character will be a teacher...just like me.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
This talk just reminded me when I got this conversation from a random person. They talked about "wooden penguins" or something like that.
That random person was a really good person.

Guten Tag Ihnen! Wussten Sie, dass dieser ganze Satz übersetzt ist? Enttäuschend, richtig?
That random person was a follower of my cult, and the wooden penguin was just about a carving of me.

D

Deleted member

Where ya been N30N "stan" and "queen" are back in business
Where have you been.

I made stuff of magic happen with a Final Fantasy game out today. Another tick on my **** with providing my power for Joker in Smash.

I need your power to make dreams happen with Mother 3 and Rex.

D

Deleted member

Watch as we all pitched for the wrong Hero and it's Luminary that makes it in instead of Erdrick. :p

If it weren't for all the leak business regarding Erdrick, I'd been all in on Luminary being a highly probable option for DLC.
For all I know I could have been onto something....

Shroob

Sup?
The fact we knew more about Piranha Plant than Joker is mind boggling to be honest.

We still don't know:

What his Render is
What is stock icon is
What his series icon is
What his A moves are
What his B moves are
What his FS is
What his FACE LOOKS LIKE

Like, the only thing we have are some very basic, pre-release stats if you believe that Jack = Joker. We know NOTHING about his besides his crouch.

That's it.

No music, no STAGE, no Spirits.... nothing.

Something's coming.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Where have you been.

I made stuff of magic happen with a Final Fantasy game out today. Another tick on my **** with providing my power for Joker in Smash.

I need your power to make dreams happen with Mother 3 and Rex.
Would you do a bro a favor and grant Sans some of your power?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's good to have you back, Prez.
I have missed my Shroobathan

The fact we knew more about Piranha Plant than Joker is mind boggling to be honest.

We still don't know:

What his Render is
What is stock icon is
What his series icon is
What his A moves are
What his B moves are
What his FS is
What his FACE LOOKS LIKE

Like, the only thing we have are some very basic, pre-release stats if you believe that Jack = Joker. We know NOTHING about his besides his crouch.

That's it.

No music, no STAGE, no Spirits.... nothing.

Something's coming.
We know he has a knife though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom