• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
I'll give it a month before we get a press release for 3.0.0. I really do think one of the blurred screenshots represented a Stage Builder, the latter could be a graph of sorts. Who knows.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So I ended up watching the Direct. Here are my thoughts:

• Overall it was okay I guess. Nothing too exciting for me.
  • I might actually get Super Mario Maker 2. I never got the first one, but all the features in this one justifies full price in my opinion.
  • Not interested in Ultimate Alliance 3, but I'm sure @JDCabrera is frothing at the mouth because they haven't revealed the Fantastic 4. Sorry bud.
  • Boxboy and Boxgirl looks like a fun platformer to play with non-gamer friends, so I might pick it up.
    • Unraveled is similar, but looks better than Boxboy and Boxgirl so I'll likely get that instead.
  • I love how the Smash Bros. info was essentially "we've got information, but we're not gonna tell you until Spring you losers!"
    • I actually did not like that. I was hoping for our next character reveal but I guess we've got to wait another month or so. Just so we're all on the same page: Sakurai and co. have one year to show gameplay for Joker and reveal 4 more characters. There's only so many opportunities to reveal characters, so I'm surprised the team didn't take this one. Having a semi-solid release date for Joker is nice though, and thankfully I should be out of school by then so I have all Summer to play as him.
      • I'm betting 3.0 has the modes mentioned in the Reddit Piranha Plant leak alongside some other ones (Break the Targets, Home-Run Contest, Stage Builder, etc.)
  • Out of all the older Switch games to get DLC it's ****ing Captain Toad. Screw Breath of the Wild, Odyssey, Super Mario Party, and Mario Kart DX, Captain Toad is where it's at.
  • Bloodstained looks kinda cool, but not my thing.
    • Same thing with Dragon Quest builders
  • I might pick up Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition (We're officially at KH levels of stupid names), but dang that wasn't a good pitch.
  • ****in' Tsum Tsum. Who asked for that? I just want to talk.
  • More Starlink stuff I guess.
  • Rune Factory 4 appealing to the dating sim crowd.
  • Rune Factory 5 exists.
  • Oninaki actually looks good. I'll probably pick it up.
  • Yoshi's Crappy World Crafted World looks okay. I'm sure Zinith Zinith will want to burn me at the stake, but I'm not really interested.
    • Can we talk about how cute Yoshi looked in those boxes though? Because that was cute.
  • I honestly don't know how to feel about Three Houses. It looks interesting, but I'm not a big fan of having three different groups. Hopefully they all merge at some point, because I like having all units available.
    • Also the school thing is kinda a turn-off too. I was hoping for Fire Emblem Game of Thrones, and instead got Fire Emblem Harry Potter. That's disappointing btw.
  • Tetris Battle Royale 99 looks fun, and I can't wait to get some 'dubs when I go home and play it.
    • I seriously can't believe Tetris Battle Royale exists though
  • Dead by Daylight looks like it's processed through a potato, and makes me wish for another potato famine. No thanks.
  • The turnaround time for Deltarune on Switch is kind of surprising, but I'm all for it. At the very least we have confirmation that more episodes are in development, as last time I heard Toby was unsure of whether he could continue, so that's definitely exciting.
  • Daemon x Machina doesn't look as cool as it did last time I saw it. I don't know why.
  • Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered looks good. I might pick it up if it's not full price.
  • That one game about the viking girl looks like a trip. I likely won't get it.
  • I want the Astral Chain dudes in Smash. That's all.
  • Link's Awakening Switch is cute AF, and I want it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know Zinith Zinith begging for attention is a little annoying, but some of you are really rubbing it to his skin.
The fact we knew more about Piranha Plant than Joker is mind boggling to be honest.

We still don't know:

What his Render is
What is stock icon is
What his series icon is
What his A moves are
What his B moves are
What his FS is
What his FACE LOOKS LIKE

Like, the only thing we have are some very basic, pre-release stats if you believe that Jack = Joker. We know NOTHING about his besides his crouch.

That's it.

No music, no STAGE, no Spirits.... nothing.

Something's coming.
I almost read this as "crotch".
Even moreso
You remembered.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Animal Crossing: Peaceful live simulator with cutesy animals doing cutesy things.
Animal Crossing Fans: Blood thirsty savages who will tear the head off Reggie Fils Aime for the tiniest fix of Animal Crossing news.

D

Deleted member

• I might actually get Super Mario Maker 2. I never got the first one, but all the features in this one justifies full price in my opinion.
  • Not interested in Ultimate Alliance 3, but I'm sure @JDCabrera is frothing at the mouth because they haven't revealed the Fantastic 4. Sorry bud.
  • Boxboy and Boxgirl looks like a fun platformer to play with non-gamer friends, so I might pick it up.
    • Unraveled is similar, but looks better than Boxboy and Boxgirl so I'll likely get that instead.
  • I love how the Smash Bros. info was essentially "we've got information, but we're not gonna tell you until Spring you losers!"
    • I actually did not like that. I was hoping for our next character reveal but I guess we've got to wait another month or so. Just so we're all on the same page: Sakurai and co. have one year to show gameplay for Joker and reveal 4 more characters. There's only so many opportunities to reveal characters, so I'm surprised the team didn't take this one. Having a semi-solid release date for Joker is nice though, and thankfully I should be out of school by then so I have all Summer to play as him.
      • I'm betting 3.0 has the modes mentioned in the Reddit Piranha Plant leak alongside some other ones (Break the Targets, Home-Run Contest, Stage Builder, etc.)
  • Out of all the older Switch games to get DLC it's ****ing Captain Toad. Screw Breath of the Wild, Odyssey, Super Mario Party, and Mario Kart DX, Captain Toad is where it's at.
  • I might pick up Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition (We're officially at KH levels of stupid names), but dang that wasn't a good pitch.
  • Rune Factory 5 exists.
  • Yoshi's Crappy World Crafted World looks okay. I'm sure Zinith Zinith will want to burn me at the stake, but I'm not really interested.
    • Can we talk about how cute Yoshi looked in those boxes though? Because that was cute.
  • I honestly don't know how to feel about Three Houses. It looks interesting, but I'm not a big fan of having three different groups. Hopefully they all merge at some point, because I like having all units available.
    • Also the school thing is kinda a turn-off too. I was hoping for Fire Emblem Game of Thrones, and instead got Fire Emblem Harry Potter. That's disappointing btw.
  • Tetris Battle Royale 99 looks fun, and I can't wait to get some 'dubs when I go home and play it.
  • Dead by Daylight looks like it's processed through a potato, and makes me wish for another potato famine. No thanks.
  • The turnaround time for Deltarune on Switch is kind of surprising, but I'm all for it. At the very least we have confirmation that more episodes are in development, as last time I heard Toby was unsure of whether he could continue, so that's definitely exciting.
  • Daemon x Machina doesn't look as cool as it did last time I saw it. I don't know why.
  • Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered looks good. I might pick it up if it's not full price.
All of this, and you forget that you can now bring Melodies of Life on the go now.

GRRRR.png

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
View attachment 192278
It's 9:20 at night and you're thinking about getting likes.
It's more like I have this awful feeling that I'm being turned on. And I know all of you don't mean it that way, and I should know better considering my age and experience, but it still happens...

D

Deleted member

First I need to make Rex happen, but lemme call my guy so we can make that happen, too.

View attachment 192277
Honestly even though I make fun of Isaac fans for saying stuff like this, and I acknowledge that I'm being suuuuuper hypocritical here, but I have the slightest bit, the tiniest sliver of hope that Rex can still win

Like it's 0.00000000001% of my being that believes that, but I must acknowledge it nonetheless

Last edited by a moderator:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
You know i'm just wondering what Stage Builder is going to add since it Nintendo made it to be a free update after launch this installment. I'm guessing more environments and perhaps we can share our stages online.

D

Deleted member

Honestly even though I make fun of Isaac fans for saying stuff like this, and I acknowledge that I'm being suuuuuper hypocritical here, but I have the slightest bit, the tiniest sliver of hope that Rex can still win
Dinosaur Overboard!!!
1233.jpg

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Oh ****, just realized I didn't post my impressions on the direct.
Welp, I'm gonna be honest: it was kind of a snoozefest for me until Astral Chain was announced. The Smash tease was underwhelming, and while Three Houses looks great, I have no prior experience with the franchise to really legitimately be hyped for it. Mario Maker 2 looks good, but idk if I'm gonna play it. And then, Link's Awakening remake happened and absolutely stole the show imo. Everything else was "meh" or "ok" from me though.

D

Deleted member

I will say it, but Sans has great moveset potential.
I also really want to see what Palutena says about him during Palutena's Guidance.

Shroob

Sup?

• Rune Factory 5 exists.
To quote a dead meme, but to put a Smash spin on it.

Brace yourselves, spring is coming.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I will say it, but Sans has great moveset potential.
I also really want to see what Palutena says about him during Palutena's Guidance.
Palutena: "Yeah, he and I became friends last night."

No!
Nethermoosen Nethermoosen is a good friend of mine who used to be a regular here. He made this pic for me.

(for the oldies who remember him; he's doing well and we play smash sometimes :) )
oh okay cool.

Sorry for the Minecraft joke, but I can't resist :shades:

D

Deleted member

Like it's 0.00000000001% of my being that believes that, but I must acknowledge it nonetheless
I'm still on board slightly mainly because that even if we're still on the Kingdom Hearts high after 3 released or the news about Dragon Quest XI S HD: ReCoded - Chain of Memories is alive on Switch, Rex & Pyra will still be Japan's most wanted Smash newcomers, be it DLC or otherwise. Usually Sakurai and the dev team always listens to their home audience, and even outside of Japan they still rank high.

I feel they're at this point currently in King K. Rool status and that they'll be in Ultimate in some shape or fashion in the future. I really don't think we're gonna get another Smash game for a really long time, if we're going by Nintendo's plans for the Switch to be a 10-year long endeavor, so Ultimate just feels like the next option.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
God I need Super Mario Maker 2, Three Houses, Link’s Awakening, Dragon Quest 11 S, Final fantasy 7 and Dragon Quest Builders 2 right now!

D

Deleted member

I'm still on board slightly mainly because that even if we're still on the Kingdom Hearts high after 3 released or the news about Dragon Quest XI S HD: ReCoded - Chain of Memories is alive on Switch, Rex & Pyra will still be Japan's most wanted Smash newcomers, be it DLC or otherwise. Usually Sakurai and the dev team always listens to their home audience, and even outside of Japan they still rank high.

I feel they're at this point currently in King K. Rool status and that they'll be in Ultimate in some shape or fashion in the future. I really don't think we're gonna get another Smash game for a really long time, if we're going by Nintendo's plans for the Switch to be a 10-year long endeavor, so Ultimate just feels like the next option.
Honestly I'm just banking on a Pass 2, which I do think will happen at some point, Ultimate is selling like hotcakes. I feel like Rex is very likely for that, as there are no more timing restrictions or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom