• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Wait hold up, Link's Awakening has Goombas and Chain Chomps. Can uh... Someone explain the weird Mario insertion?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
How do you play the game?

Most people build up stacks with only enough space for I-Blocks, but if you leave two squares of space instead, then you can build up huge combos (meaning more garbage) by basically just dropping pieces into the slot until the stack is gone.

Something Puyo Puyo Tetris taught me.
My Tetris play style is "go with the flow". I don't play Tetris very often (this the first time I'm playing it in over a year), so I'm just trying to get used to building up doubles/triples/tetris instead of just singles.

Plus like... 5 people target me during every match, so that's definitely not helping.

D

Deleted member

Wait hold up, Link's Awakening has Goombas and Chain Chomps. Can uh... Someone explain the weird Mario insertion?
It also has Gordos, a fake Kirby as an enemy and W A R T.

BUTTHATDOESN'TMATTERBECAUSEMARIOMAKER2

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIMCRYINGITSMARIOMAKER2MARIOMkermarioNJKFALWELKJWELEDK

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wart as well. And a character from For the Frog the Bell Tolls.

To say why would kinda be a spoiler.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
BUTTHATDOESN'TMATTERBECAUSEMARIOMAKER2

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIMCRYINGITSMARIOMAKER2MARIOMkermarioNJKFALWELKJWELEDK
How long have you been dong this?

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Remember when you got more likes for your response AGREEING with me than my original post got?

That's what I'm talking about
Smashboards is a monkey with a keyboard. What gets likes is as random as rolling the die. But play to your audience, make funny jokes, and if you really want likes, employ prequel memes.
They give you
1550111963520.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I recommend everyone to download the Daemon X Machina demo. It's fun and I really like the character creator, I just don't know if it has enough for a full game in terms of gameplay.
It's all a dream

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Link's Awakening is himself in a dream. Maybe the dream also includes Link thinking about crossover games like Smash?

But really, it's just usual crossover elements cause Nintendo likes to do that. Mario stuff appears in a lot of Zelda games as subtle and not-so-subtle references.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also I got a bingo on my Three Houses bingo card, so that's good.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I like how Mario Maker 2 started with

"Y'all want slopes? Y'all mother****ers want some slopes?"

"WE GOT SLOPES!"
"What's that? You wanted Desert themes?"

"WE GOT DESERT THEMES UP IN HERE!"

"Switch Blocks? Doneso."

"Water in Land levels? "WE GOT THAT TOO!"

"Oh... oh, what's this...? COLOURED YOSHIS?"

"All this and more in Super Mario Maker 2!"

"Releasing July 2019"

D

Deleted member

The reasoning for Erdrick is also pretty half-baked when Verge and other insiders were the only things used to back it up besides the translation thing, and they all got dunked on today besides Mario Maker 2 predictions (which the original Direct leaker already mentioned before them).

No one is a lock for Brave right now.
The "translation thing" made a lot more sense than "so and so is considered brave, so it must be them" or "Sora slides in Kingdom Hearts and "Brave" slides a little, so it must be Sora" or "the game is called Bravely Default so it must be one of those characters" or "one of Agumon's forms fits this particular stat and another fits this particular stat, etc., etc. and one of Agumon's forms has the Brave Shield so it MUST be Agumon".

Rather, Erdrick was the simplest one to justify that didn't rely on such convoluted reasoning.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
SMH I know Link's Awakening is like, twenty five years old, but clearly if people are asking these kinds of questions they haven't played it. Come on, guys...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'll be doing it until the game comes out. I'm crying, I love Mario Maker, Oh my god, what the ****, help, I'm not well, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR2 BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Game of the Year Baybee!!!

D

Deleted member

Don't forget Yoshi doll

It also has Kirby

I kind of think it's what contributes to the game's odd atmosphere :yoshi:
O...Okay? Mario, Kirby --

Wart as well. And a character from For the Frog the Bell Tolls.

To say why would kinda be a spoiler.
Okay, now I'm just confused. There HAS to be a reason. I've known about a good amount of Zelda games, kind of a just a casual Zelda fan, but Link's Awakening I never knew much of except for the manga. This is... I mean, don't get me wrong, the remake and game looks KILLER. But... Why the weird crossovers?

Last edited by a moderator:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
I'll be doing it until the game comes out. I'm crying, I love Mario Maker, Oh my god, what the ****, help, I'm not well, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR2 BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
I once posted the entirety of the Kirby Anime's theme song in bold, font size 26, with a space between each letter due to a King Dedede/Penguin reaction. You'll get over it.

Shroob

Sup?
Cosmic77 Cosmic77

To continue from earlier.

I think your view is a touch flawed to be blunt. We KNOW that Joker isn't the only character being currently worked on internally, and was worked on before the game even came out, same with "Brave".

The fact of the matter is though, time isn't on the Smash team's side if they take your approach. Yes, a character may take a long time to make, but we have a year to release 5 characters, 10 months by the time Joker comes out. That seems like a long time, but a year really isn't.

If we don't get Brave before E3, then the 2nd half of 2019 is going to be more or less packed when it comes to dlc releases.

That, and I honestly don't think they would have put 'Brave' in to begin with if he wasn't decently along in development.

Piranha Plant was very close to being done by the time Smash launched.

Joker had nothing but a trailer but had started development before Smash came out

And Brave is in the same boat.

If we do get something in April to show off the features of 3.0.0 and Joker's gameplay, which seems more or less soft confirmed to have to happen, then I fully expect Brave would get revealed at that date too and probably released alongside Joker.

By the time Joker comes out, there will be naught but 10 months to have the DLC wrapped up. That sounds like a long time, but it's really not, and if the Smash 4 team could fit 7 characters in there in roughly the same time, I fully believe that Brave is within a playable state internally.

D

Deleted member

Smogon has a lot of users with FE avatars.
I just want to note that.
SMH I know Link's Awakening is like, twenty five years old, but clearly if people are asking these kinds of questions they haven't played it. Come on, guys...
I only had one GBA and one mediocre game on that.
I am glad that I can play Link's Awakening on the Switch.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Imo, the fact that they gave Dragon Quest XI it's own spotlight, makes me think even more so, that Erdrick is likely to be our Square rep...

I mean, it's obvious that they want to push this franchise's appeal, to the west

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
so I just want to say:

I just compared the pixelated screenshot in the Update 3.0.0 teaser to Wii U's stage builder, and I don't see the comparison at all.

I mean it still looks like it could be a Stage Builder HUD/menu/whatever since it seems to be overlaying a stage...but I still don't get it. It doesn't look like Brawl's stage builder, either, and the second pixelated picture seems more like a character select screen or stage select screen.

Link's Awakening is himself in a dream. Maybe the dream also includes Link thinking about crossover games like Smash?

But really, it's just usual crossover elements cause Nintendo likes to do that. Mario stuff appears in a lot of Zelda games as subtle and not-so-subtle references.
That's funny, after I read the owl's dialogue "on your quest to wake the dreamer" in a picture from the original game...

And the game is titled "Link's Awakening"...

And Link is asleep in the artwork where he's drifting towards the island with a giant pink Yoshi egg on a volcano...

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
And like I said the other day (that everyone missed, SHOCKER, and it wasn't even a Yoshi post), Link's Awakening is one of the only pieces of media that pulls the "it's all a dream" ending without being complete bull**** :yoshi:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Smogon has a lot of users with FE avatars.
I just want to note that.

I only had one GBA and one mediocre game on that.
You people are lucky.
I meant more so with people spoiling the game's twist to people who haven't played it but intend to.

D

Deleted member

Kirby, Kirby, Kirby!
That’s a name you should know!
Kirby, Kirby, Kirby!
He’s the star of the show!
He's more than you think! He's got maximum pink!
Kirby, Kirby, Kirby's the one!

He comes right back at ya!
Give it all that you've got! Take your very best shot!
He'll send it right back at ya for sure, yeah!

[NME Salesman:]
"How can I help you, King Dedede?"

[Dedede:]
"I need a monster to clobber that there Kirby!”

"That's what we do best at NME!"

[Escargoon]
“You'd better get it with a money back guarantee!!"

[Singer]
Oh, Kirby, Kirby, Kirby, saving the day!
Kirby, Kirby, Kirby, he's here to stay!
Don't be fooled by his size! You won't believe your eyes!
Kirby! (Kirby!) Kirby! (Kirby!) Kirby! (Kirby!)

Kirby, Kirby, Kirby’s the one!

D

Deleted member

I meant more so with people spoiling the game's twist to people who haven't played it but intend to.
Oooh.

The only Gameboy Advance game I remember actually playing on a Gameboy Advance was this Powerpuff Girls game.
I think we still have it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
O...Okay? Mario, Kirby --

Okay, now I'm just confused. There HAS to be a reason. I've known about a good amount of Zelda games, kind of a just a casual Zelda fan, but Link's Awakening I never knew much of except for the manga. This is... I mean, don't get me wrong, the remake and game looks KILLER. But... Why the weird crossovers?
Link's awakening had more than the others for sure. It's possible that they didn't care about boundaries at that time, dunno. It didn't seem too weird back then, but in retrospect maybe they weren't as serious with it. it was fun tho :)

Here's a page that mjight interestt you:
https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Cameos_in_The_Legend_of_Zelda

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it bad that I really like troll levels in Mario Maker?

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Kirby, Kirby, Kirby!
That’s a name you should know!
Kirby, Kirby, Kirby!
He’s the star of the show!
He's more than you think! He's got maximum pink!
Kirby, Kirby, Kirby's the one!

Give it all that you've got! Take your very best shot!
He'll send it right back at ya for sure, yeah!

"How can I help you, King Dedede?"

[Dedede:]
"I need a monster to clobber that there Kirby!”

"That's what we do best at NME!"

[Escargoon]
“You'd better get it with a money back guarantee!!"

[Singer]
Oh, Kirby, Kirby, Kirby, saving the day!
Kirby, Kirby, Kirby, he's here to stay!
Don't be fooled by his size! You won't believe your eyes!
Kirby! (Kirby!) Kirby! (Kirby!) Kirby! (Kirby!)

Kirby, Kirby, Kirby’s the one!
Hey, I typed that on my own, and put spaces between each letter. Lazy kids these days...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
And like I said the other day (that everyone missed, SHOCKER, and it wasn't even a Yoshi post), Link's Awakening is one of the only pieces of media that pulls the "it's all a dream" ending without being complete bull**** :yoshi:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's a sequel to Super Mario Bros. 2's Western release since Wart is in it.

I also feel like I just got spoiled even though I was starting to put things together about Link being in a dream regardless. At least I don't know the whole plot I guess.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, so
Already released: :ultinkling::ultridley::ultwolf:
Going to release this Friday: :ultkrool::ulticeclimbers::ultpiranha:
Said to release this year in the November Smash Direct: :ultisabelle::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultken::ultyounglink:
Said to release this year in this recent Direct: :ultsnake::ultsimon::ultpokemontrainer::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur:

So that leaves: :ultincineroar::ultdarksamus::ultrichter::ultchrom: and the 5 DLCs for 2020 and 2021?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom