• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The fact that none of you mentioned Midna for fan service/AT promotion makes me sick.

Sick.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If Goku DID make it in, which form do you think would be used? Base? Super Saiyan? Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan?
Base form.
Super Saiyan for a few moves.
Blue for final smash.

First two are the most iconic Gokus. The last one is the more recent and I think Toei would want it included.

No room for SS2 or SS3. While 3 is iconic in its own sense, it's nowhere near base and Super Saiyan. Nor is it recent. SS2 Goku was barely a thing, and SS4 lol that's for sure not being referenced.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance 2 when?
The sequal to KH: DDD : a Soriku Story, KH: DDD2: Soriku returns

I'd ****ing buy it, Sora and Rikus relationship really shined in that game
mostly because Kairi wasnt there

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
The fact that none of you mentioned Midna for fan service/AT promotion makes me sick.

Sick.
Oh **** I keep on forgetting she's an assist trophy. Her plus Skull Kid plus Impa (Skyward Sword design) would perfect Zelda roster representation though - you'd have a playable rep for every single mainline console Zelda game since Alttp.

Srsly though Midna is deffo great and probably one of the best characters Nintendo's ever put out

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If Goku DID make it in, which form do you think would be used? Base? Super Saiyan? Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan?
Kid Goku.

In the same way that Sakurai has tried to reference "OG" Mega Man, and Pac-Man, and Snake (to the best of his abilities) he would put a twist on Goku to celebrate Dragonball rather than Dragonball Z.

Powerpole. Martial arts directly referencing his movements in the manga. A kamehameha. Final smash is his great ape form.

D

Deleted member

So how would you guys place the characters in regards to how you like to play as them in Ultimate? Mine would be:

Great: :ultwolf:
Good: :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool::ultrob::ultdarksamus::ultdaisy::ultpeach::ultganondorf::ultfalco::ultzelda::ultsamus:
Starting to feel good/in need of practice: :ultryu::ultken::ultfox::ultpokemontrainerf::ultpalutena::ultincineroar::ultdk::ultdoc::ultsheik::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultridley::ultchrom::ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultsnake:
Unsure: :ultwiifittrainer::ultcloud::ultlucina::ultroy::ultrobin::ultcorrinf::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultpiranha::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultisabelle::ultkingdedede::ultmario::ultlucas::ultyoshi::ultike::ultzss::ultbowser:
Iffy, may drop altogether soon: :ultswordfighter::ultgunner::ultmarth::ultluigi::ulticeclimbers::ultbayonetta::ultyounglink:
Not for me: :ultbrawler::ultlittlemac::ultpacman::ultgreninja::ultrosalina::ultolimar::ultmetaknight::ultmegaman::ultsonic:
Haven't tried yet lol: :ultinkling::ultvillager::ultduckhunt::ultshulk::ultwario::ultdiddy::ultbowserjr::ultness:
Feels Great: :ultwolf::ultkingdedede::ultwario::ultsnake::ultken::ultlucas::ultjigglypuff:

Feels Pretty good::ultfalco::ultpichu::ultroy::ultike::ultdoc::ultmario::ultryu::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultlucina::ultmarth::ultkrool::ultyounglink::ultfalcon::ultness::ultpokemontrainer:

Feels Okay::ultdk::ultrichter::ultsimon::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultincineroar::ultgnw::ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultchrom::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ulttoonlink::ultlink::ultdarkpit::ultpit::ultcloud::ultrob::ultzss::ultsheik::ultpiranha:

Meh::ultpalutena::ultyoshi::ultrobinf::ultdiddy::ulticeclimbers::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultduckhunt::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultsonic::ultshulk::ultzelda::ultkirby::ultbayonetta::ultrosalina::ultcorrinf::ultlittlemac:

No::ultpacman::ultvillager::ultbowserjr::ultswordfighter::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultolimar::ultmetaknight::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Kid Goku.

In the same way that Sakurai has tried to reference "OG" Mega Man, and Pac-Man, and Snake (to the best of his abilities) he would put a twist on Goku to celebrate Dragonball rather than Dragonball Z.

Powerpole. Martial arts directly referencing his movements in the manga. A kamehameha. Final smash is his great ape form.
coincidentally this is also why we're probably getting OG NES kid erdrick

D

Deleted member

Smooth as butter: :ultridley:
Pretty dang good: :ultganondorf::ultshulk:
Feels good but lacks results: :ultike::ultfalco::ultrobinf::ultdarksamus::ultpichu::ultlucina:
Can't figure them out but I'll force myself if I have to::ultzelda::ultrichter::ultsnake:

ToonTwink101

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1520-2582-6239
Kid Goku.

Kid Goku would be sick, but having DBS Goku would be sooo much fun. I just play SSF2 to tide me over from screaming about Goku on forums...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Oh **** I keep on forgetting she's an assist trophy. Her plus Skull Kid plus Impa (Skyward Sword design) would perfect Zelda roster representation though - you'd have a playable rep for every single mainline console Zelda game since Alttp.

Srsly though Midna is deffo great and probably one of the best characters Nintendo's ever put out
Guess all that’s left is the original game...

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
OG Ganon would be cool but part of me thinks 'oh God not another variation on a triforce wielder'. Still, he could have a really fun moveset and give us the accuracy to the character which Dorf is kind of lacking. Would be down for him tbh

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Imagine now , the moment your Dream character finaly gets revealed for Smash.
I imagine CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica ’s reaction to Dragonborn in Smash being to a lesser or neutral extent similar to this video.

Oh man, you know it.

I was so hype about :ultsquirtle: I couldn’t sleep that night. Squirtle overshadowed Ridley for me. But if they surprised us with Dovahkiin...man, I’d be going legit insane.
So how would you guys place the characters in regards to how you like to play as them in Ultimate?
I kinda like to main the random button a lot. Granted, there are some I like more than others, but I like to mix it around.
Unless we get Dovahkiin, then that’ll be my ultimate main no matter how bad he is...
Play most::ultlink::ultzelda::ultpokemontrainer::ultganondorf::ultike::ultkrool::ultyounglink:
Like::ultduckhunt::ultfox::ultmewtwo::ultcharizard::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultrobin::ultsimon::ultsnake::ultsonic:
And then everyone else below that.

I do know that GnW’s changes make him tough for me now, and I just can’t seem to get a handle on Woomy or Cena, but they’re ok. Even the characters I didn’t like before, I don’t mind that they’re in.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
OG Ganon would be cool but part of me thinks 'oh God not another variation on a triforce wielder'. Still, he could have a really fun moveset and give us the accuracy to the character which Dorf is kind of lacking. Would be down for him tbh
I mean I think it’d be fine considering all that this Ganon is capable of doing. This won’t be a :ultmario:/:ultdoc: or :ultlink:/:ultyounglink:/:ulttoonlink: case.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
:D Thank you, Noi!
my-image (1).png

xD Basically, from the minutes I got to play as Ridley in a party, I felt that my mind, heart and soul were REALLY FEELING IT! Living the dream.

I will always hold dearly to my heart my old mains, starting with Fal and ending with Wolf. I thought I was going to drop Ike since he no longer Fights for his friends :'( But after kicking a friend's butt with him in a nostalgic Brawl match twice, I might give him a second chance.

; u ; I love Rosa, I really do, but I haven't got the chance to use her or get how she works.

Since I didn't get my Omega Ridley alt...Eh...I guess Dark Samus will do just because of the Phazon attacks. ( ;'( Still, WHERE IS MY OMEGA RIDS ALT, NINTENDO?!)

The last one is self explanatory.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So how would you guys place the characters in regards to how you like to play as them in Ultimate?
Natural: :ultlucina::ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultcorrinf::ultzss:
Working on it: :ultrobinf::ultinkling::ultlink::ultisabelle::ultmewtwo:
REALLY working on it::ultdaisy::ultken::ultpokemontrainerf:
Not working on it: Everyone else.

D

Deleted member

Skull Kid in my opinion is the Definitive Zelda rep yet to be put into Smash. He has the fan support behind him, he has potential for a great moveset, he would be representing one of the most popular Zelda games that have yet to get a Character Since YLink is repping OoT, his Personality fits so well within Smash, and His Design is just so intriguing. Admittedly Pig Ganon would be cool but we really don't need Three Links Two Zeldas and Two Ganons in my opinion that's just kind of bad Representation.

The Problem with the Zelda franchise is that it switches out it's villains and reps so frequently Sakurai's team likely doesn't know who should be added since the Main Cast who does not switch out much (Link, Zelda, Ganon/Ganondorf) are already in Smash. They could go with Popular Zelda characters like Skull Kid, Impa, Midna and Pig ganon or they could do other things with it.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
So how would you guys place the characters in regards to how you like to play as them in Ultimate? Mine would be:

Great: :ultwolf:
Good: :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool::ultrob::ultdarksamus::ultdaisy::ultpeach::ultganondorf::ultfalco::ultzelda::ultsamus:
Starting to feel good/in need of practice: :ultryu::ultken::ultfox::ultpokemontrainerf::ultpalutena::ultincineroar::ultdk::ultdoc::ultsheik::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultridley::ultchrom::ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultsnake:
Unsure: :ultwiifittrainer::ultcloud::ultlucina::ultroy::ultrobin::ultcorrinf::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultpiranha::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultisabelle::ultkingdedede::ultmario::ultlucas::ultyoshi::ultike::ultzss::ultbowser:
Iffy, may drop altogether soon: :ultswordfighter::ultgunner::ultmarth::ultluigi::ulticeclimbers::ultbayonetta::ultyounglink:
Not for me: :ultbrawler::ultlittlemac::ultpacman::ultgreninja::ultrosalina::ultolimar::ultmetaknight::ultmegaman::ultsonic:
Haven't tried yet lol: :ultinkling::ultvillager::ultduckhunt::ultshulk::ultwario::ultdiddy::ultbowserjr::ultness:

Attachments

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I mean I think it’d be fine considering all that this Ganon is capable of doing. This won’t be a :ultmario:/:ultdoc: or :ultlink:/:ultyounglink:/:ulttoonlink: case.
It's not so much the moveset - I agree that Ganon and Ganondorf would play nothing alike - it's more that I'd prefer variation in characters in terms of who they are. Like you could remove Bowser from the roster and replace him with a fire-breathing, shell-wearing Mario who plays exactly the same, but it'd still be a shame as that'd reduce roster diversity. This is especially a problem with Zelda given that all 6 characters are effectively only three.

Still, I'm a filthy hypocrite as Paper Mario is my second most wanted character

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, it'd be like :ultsamus:/:ultzss:

It's not so much the moveset - I agree that Ganon and Ganondorf would play nothing alike - it's more that I'd prefer variation in characters in terms of who they are. Like you could remove Bowser from the roster and replace him with a fire-breathing, shell-wearing Mario who plays exactly the same, but it'd still be a shame as that'd reduce roster diversity. This is especially a problem with Zelda given that all 6 characters are effectively only three.

Still, I'm a filthy hypocrite as Paper Mario is my second most wanted character
Except Links and Zelda/Sheik are different characters, unlike :ultzss::ultsamus: or :ultdoc::ultmario:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I've never really been a fan of Pig Ganon, but at this point, I'm up for just about anything. Seriously, just give me anything that isn't a fourth Link.

Skull Kid in my opinion is the Definitive Zelda rep yet to be put into Smash. He has the fan support behind him, he has potential for a great moveset, he would be representing one of the most popular Zelda games that have yet to get a Character Since YLink is repping OoT, his Personality fits so well within Smash, and His Design is just so intriguing. Admittedly Pig Ganon would be cool but we really don't need Three Links Two Zeldas and Two Ganons in my opinion that's just kind of bad Representation.

The Problem with the Zelda franchise is that it switches out it's villains and reps so frequently Sakurai's team likely doesn't know who should be added since the Main Cast who does not switch out much (Link, Zelda, Ganon/Ganondorf) are already in Smash. They could go with Popular Zelda characters like Skull Kid, Impa, Midna and Pig ganon or they could do other things with it.
Honestly, I don't think there's a single character who fits as the "defenitive Zelda rep".

You've got popular characters like Impa who're series regulars, but their roles and designs are so inconsistent that it's hard to gauge just how important they really are to the franchise.

Then there's popular one-shots like Midna and Skull Kid. Extremely iconic, plenty of potential, but hard to buckle down on them when you know they're already outdated and there's a very small chance of them ever being relevant in the main games again.

Last, we have characters like Tingle and Pig Ganon. They're recurring, they're (debatably) iconic to the series, but lack fan demand like other characters from the franchise.

IMO, the next Zelda rep could literally be anyone. It's fun to speculate and debate over, but also a little nerve-wracking and depressing.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Since we're talking about Zelda reps, how would you guys feel/react if Tetra became playable?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Honestly the more I think about it, OG Ganon is my more favored Zelda mewcomer. Moreso than Impa even who I think people overemphasize somewhat.

And that also includes one-off Zelda characters who are AT's.

D

Deleted member

I've never really been a fan of Pig Ganon, but at this point, I'm up for just about anything. Seriously, just give me anything that isn't a fourth Link.

Honestly, I don't think there's a single character who fits as the "defenitive Zelda rep".

You've got popular characters like Impa who're series regulars, but their roles and designs are so inconsistent that it's hard to gauge just how important they really are to the franchise.

Then there's popular one-shots like Midna and Skull Kid. Extremely iconic, plenty of potential, but hard to buckle down on them when you know they're already outdated and there's a very small chance of them ever being relevant in the main games again.

Last, we have characters like Tingle and Pig Ganon. They're recurring, they're (debatably) iconic to the series, but lack fan demand like other characters from the franchise.

IMO, the next Zelda rep could literally be anyone. It's fun to speculate and debate over, but also a little nerve-wracking and depressing.
Sad thing is that despite the Debates we might not even get a new Zelda rep for a looooong time. I'm personally hoping for Skull Kid but I would be fine with any new Zelda rep.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Since we're talking about Zelda reps, how would you guys feel/react if Tetra became playable?
I wouldn't mind really tho obv I don't see it as likely.

Though it would be a really interesting touch if they had Tetra/Toon Zelda with the idea that they're both Echo Fighters for Toon Link & Zelda respectively.

D

Deleted member

I don't think it's likely at all. Tetra's kind of irrelevant at this point and she doesn't have big fanbases like Skull Kid or Midna but even so I would be fine with Her.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Ganon is definitely the optimal Zelda newcomer for me. Original villain, unique design and the playstyle would showcase this. A magic trident wielding swine. The stuff of dreams.

I also agree Impa is overemphasized. I would still prefer her over the many one-offs but she is not a must have either. Most of the time she is just there hanging around. Not to mention she has no consistent design which makes it somewhat jarring. She is either a fit sheikha warrior or a grandma. Or whatever else!

osby

Smash Obsessed
I still feel like the best potential new Zelda rep we could have gotten was a unique Young Link. But unfortunately that ship has long since sailed.
He was only considered when Sakurai was looking for quick clones, so I don't think he really had any chances.

Ganon is definitely the optimal Zelda newcomer for me. Original villain, unique design and the playstyle would showcase this. A magic trident wielding swine. The stuff of dreams.

I also agree Impa is overemphasized. I would still prefer her over the many one-offs but she is not a must have either. Most of the time she is just there hanging around. Not to mention she has no consistent design which makes it somewhat jarring. She is either a fit sheikha warrior or a grandma. Or whatever else!
You are talking about one of Ganon's inconsistent character designs in the first part of your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom