• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wasn't she in like Street Fighter or Tekken or something MVC3 at some point? If they wanna be boring they can just do something like that where she like punches and kicks or she could have an interesting ammo mechanic for her guns
MvC3 Jill isn't the Jill I want. That was the mind-controlled super soldier ZSS bodysuit ripoff Jill. I want Jill Jill.

Though, fun fact, most all of the animations in MvC3 were directly derived from her movements in RE5. Chris/Jill/Wesker were all very faithful to their RE5 counterparts by using a ton of animations from that game's Mercenaries mode.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I know. I'm not arguing it's better. I'm arguing that the generally accepted statement that the metric system is objectively better isn't necessarily true. Centimeters are too short, meters are too long and nobody even uses decimeters. Tens are easier to remember but feet and inches are closer together for common practical use. Both have strengths.
Inches and Feet are Just as easy to use for you as centimeters and meters are for me.
The exact same objections you have for meters and centimeters being impractical I have for Feet and inches.

Ignoring the calculation difficulties, the only real difference in Everyday use is that you can't write 1 number in America. It's always "some of the Feet and some of the inches" while working in 10's allows you to describe anything in Just one number.
Not being able to do that really ****s with my brain

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Imagine now , the moment your Dream character finaly gets revealed for Smash.
I can't choose who's my most wanted out of Banjo and Geno so Banjo wearing a Geno costume for Smash!

Edit: so the Goodnight everybody thing that accidentally appeared was left over from me going to sleep last night as I was going to say goodnight but my Wifi ****** up. Sorry for any confusion here

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Guys I have a theory that the Grinch leak may not be real after all, I been playing for 2 months and I still didn't unlock Geno, Banjo, Isaac or Shadow... or maybe is that is just me that I don't know how to unlock them.
Did you beat every challenger in All Star Smash 3 times in a row as every fighter?

ToonTwink101

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1520-2582-6239

Noipoi

Howdy!
Guys I have a theory that the Grinch leak may not be real after all, I been playing for 2 months and I still didn't unlock Geno, Banjo, Isaac or Shadow... or maybe is that is just me that I don't know how to unlock them.
What do you mean? I've had Geno and Banjo unlocked since day one!

D

Deleted member

What? I've had all of them unlocked since Day one! Have you beaten Classic mode with all characters and beaten All-Star mode with Piranha plant five times?

D

Deleted member

What does it mean when it says i've reached the limit for certain rewards?
It means you already have 99 of a certain item in your inventory, so you can't pick up the reward that has that item

i.e. if you have 99 weaken minions and a spirit battle tries to reward you with a weaken minions that message will pop up and you won't be able to pick it up

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Kinda late but I'm gonna say what "guy" people are since I haven't done one of these shoutout posts like ever

@JDCabrera : Mostly the F4 guy, but also the Crash guy, Metroid guy, and Godzilla guy
@Rie Sonomura : The Elma girl
osby osby : The Joker guy
@Pakky : The waifu guy
@Just a penguin : The penguin guy
@Smashing Ramen : The Rhythm Heaven guy
@Professor Pumpkaboo : The Layton girl/the Kingdom Hearts girl
@ToasterBrains : The charming snark guy
staindgrey staindgrey : The RE guy/the good taste guy (bring Midna home)
@Iridium : The bastion of Link mains guy
@God Emperor Yoshi : The certain green dinosaur guy
@GothFluttershy : The furry guy
@Shishœ : The second good taste guy
Noipoi Noipoi : The art guy/sans undertale
Masked Marshmallow Masked Marshmallow : The second art guy but he does sprites too this time
@kirbsmash : The Incineroar guy
@TheSmashingToad : The VA guy
@Shiny Haruka Ishijima : The absolute legend girl
@ShinyLegendary : KIN
@Graizen : The Agumon guy
@Zack E. : the Geno/Mother guy

If I forgot anyone no worries all of y'all are cool
Aww...bless your sweet soul for thinking about me even though I make myself very scarce on these boards. Shikashi, I am far too old to be Shiny's mother.

Sayonara :kirby:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It means you already have 99 of a certain item in your inventory, so you can't pick up the reward that has that item

i.e. if you have 99 weaken minions and a spirit battle tries to reward you with a weaken minions that message will pop up and you won't be able to pick it up
I wish when that happened it converted the extra into gold or spirit points or something.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ultimate has made almost as much as Brawl in a month. A month.

They're gonna support this game for a while. Fighters Pass 2, lads.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Inside shareholders at EA are unloading their stocks.

In case there's anyone here who isn't sure what it means well lemme summarize:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Ultimate has made almost as much as Brawl in a month. A month.

They're gonna support this game for a while. Fighters Pass 2, lads.
Say they did do a fighters pass 2, and in an act of pure fanservice (unlikely), made it all characters who are currently assist trophies. Okay, it's not gonna happen, but apart from this week's new Pokemon rep or Fire Emblem character the pool for first-party picks is getting shallow. Regardless, if it was five again, and the basis was purely fan demand - ignoring considerations like bargaining with third parties or Nintendo's view on a character - who would they be?

Waluigi would obviously be in there from fan demand alone. And there was strong support for Shadow, not forgetting Isaac's loyal fanbase. Those three are easy. But who would be the fourth and fifth most popular, and our fourth and fifth picks in the hypothetical season 2 DLC? I feel like it's a toss up between Bomberman, Krystal, Takumaru, Alucard, Ashley and Skull Kid, but maybe there are others in the mix.

D

Deleted member

Say they did do a fighters pass 2, and in an act of pure fanservice (unlikely), made it all characters who are currently assist trophies. Okay, it's not gonna happen, but apart from this week's new Pokemon rep or Fire Emblem character the pool for first-party picks is getting shallow. Regardless, if it was five again, and the basis was purely fan demand - ignoring considerations like bargaining with third parties or Nintendo's view on a character - who would they be?

Waluigi would obviously be in there from fan demand alone. And there was strong support for Shadow, not forgetting Isaac's loyal fanbase. Those three are easy. But who would be the fourth and fifth most popular, and our fourth and fifth picks in the hypothetical season 2 DLC? I feel like it's a toss up between Bomberman, Krystal, Takumaru, Alucard, Ashley and Skull Kid, but maybe there are others in the mix.
Waluigi
Isaac
Maybe Shadow
If there's somehow no SE rep in pass 1, Geno
Rex
Skull Kid

If theres a pass 2 and no previous deconfirmations count, these are the most likely imo

osby

Smash Obsessed

I don't think they'll reserve the DLC to certain characters just because they are categorized under a certain item. There are better ways to give fanservice.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean, draw inspiration from MvC2. There's already on there. The monsters would have to be incorporated differently or removed since Smash doesn't have an invisible wall to spawn from, but she has combat moves from that game OR Revelations/RE5 to use for normals.

Specials, you have a host of weaponry from the games. Grenade launcher with flame/acid/freeze/flash rounds. Land mines. Grenades. Combat knife. Counter dagger. Taser. A goddamn rocket launcher. You could have zombies spawn from the ground a la Zelda's phantom and send it lumbering forward as a slow projectile. The only thing that's essentially unusable is all of the realistic-looking firearms that the series is known for. But Snake isn't the only one able to work around that.

I think I feel inspired to actually make a moveset for real since no one else has yet.
In terms of combat, I was struggling to come up with something for Leon because of his weapon selection. While they could give him, for example, the grenade launcher I don’t really think it would fit him considering he doesn’t use it.

If Jill has access to those, i’m all for her over Leon. I haven’t played RE1, so I don’t know what she can specifically do. I would say though that she could combine her MvC moveset, but with a twist of ammunition management. So for the grenade launcher, she could have different rounds, but has a management system similar to Robin so she can’t spam it.

In addition, I think a stun move with a taser would be ideal, and that could set up a stronger weapon to combo with.

I’m with you on this one. Jill for Smash!

Really, my only question is the music to put in the pass. Sure, they could do a remix of the Tyrant theme, but beyond that...what music is there?

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord

Pure fanservice?

Zero
Waluigi
Isaac
Shadow
Bomberman

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Isaac
Waluigi
Geno
Banjo
Skull Kid

Zeox

Smash Champion
If they want to thank us for the good sales, I suggest them free DLCs with new alts, like Dry Bowser or Ness in a pajama.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
So how would you guys place the characters in regards to how you like to play as them in Ultimate? Mine would be:

Great: :ultwolf:
Good: :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool::ultrob::ultdarksamus::ultdaisy::ultpeach::ultganondorf::ultfalco::ultzelda::ultsamus:
Starting to feel good/in need of practice: :ultryu::ultken::ultfox::ultpokemontrainerf::ultpalutena::ultincineroar::ultdk::ultdoc::ultsheik::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultridley::ultchrom::ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultsnake:
Unsure: :ultwiifittrainer::ultcloud::ultlucina::ultroy::ultrobin::ultcorrinf::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultpiranha::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultisabelle::ultkingdedede::ultmario::ultlucas::ultyoshi::ultike::ultzss::ultbowser:
Iffy, may drop altogether soon: :ultswordfighter::ultgunner::ultmarth::ultluigi::ulticeclimbers::ultbayonetta::ultyounglink:
Not for me: :ultbrawler::ultlittlemac::ultpacman::ultgreninja::ultrosalina::ultolimar::ultmetaknight::ultmegaman::ultsonic:
Haven't tried yet lol: :ultinkling::ultvillager::ultduckhunt::ultshulk::ultwario::ultdiddy::ultbowserjr::ultness:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

I'd say Ashley and Skull Kid would be pretty obvious given their popularity.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I am not counting out the potential of Assist Trophies, but for Smash Ultimate, it's simply not gonna happen. I think Ultimate is the literal ultimate template for a new Smash game, as it's also been build off heavily from Smash Wii U, and I suspect Nintendo will make a new Smash similary to how Sakurai created Ultimate out of Smash 4's engine. Possibly with even keeping Ultimate's engine, just because it's so balanced and extremely offensively based.

Smash 4 had tons of newcomers which basically got a "promotion" from last game. Ridley was a stage hazard, Isabelle and Dark Samus where Assist Trophies, King K.Rool was a late Mii Costume DLC and Chrom was and ironically still is part of Robin's Final Smash- but now also playable. That's a HUGE precentage of the newcomers.

I have little doubt that they will look over these characters when they create a new Smash game out of Ultimate. And maybe even call it Ultimate 2, but with added modes as Smash Run, Homerun Contest, Break the Targets and whatnot. Assist Trophy characters just need to remain popular and hugely requested.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
It was written in the stars.
xD I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case! o-o I have gotten so many apparently "not coincidences" through my entire life that it seems as if the Universe knew me...again, it's bizarre! xD Hopefully one of those things written is that everything will go smoothly when I leave for home so I can one day have a Switch and Smash!
23.png

...I DON'T play Splatoon, Nintendo! Get it right! ಠ ^ ಠ
236.png

=3= Fixed it again! Gotta stick with REALITY!

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So how would you guys place the characters in regards to how you like to play as them in Ultimate? Mine would be:

Great: :ultwolf:
Good: :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool::ultrob::ultdarksamus::ultdaisy::ultpeach::ultganondorf::ultfalco::ultzelda::ultsamus:
Starting to feel good/in need of practice: :ultryu::ultken::ultfox::ultpokemontrainerf::ultpalutena::ultincineroar::ultdk::ultdoc::ultsheik::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultridley::ultchrom::ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultsnake:
Unsure: :ultwiifittrainer::ultcloud::ultlucina::ultroy::ultrobin::ultcorrinf::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultpiranha::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultisabelle::ultkingdedede::ultmario::ultlucas::ultyoshi::ultike::ultzss::ultbowser:
Iffy, may drop altogether soon: :ultswordfighter::ultgunner::ultmarth::ultluigi::ulticeclimbers::ultbayonetta::ultyounglink:
Not for me: :ultbrawler::ultlittlemac::ultpacman::ultgreninja::ultrosalina::ultolimar::ultmetaknight::ultmegaman::ultsonic:
Haven't tried yet lol: :ultinkling::ultvillager::ultduckhunt::ultshulk::ultwario::ultdiddy::ultbowserjr::ultness:
IMG_20190131_185212.jpg

Way ahead of you!
The Bottom category isn't really in any particular order, the rest kinda is. The higher you get, the more solid the order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom