• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I feel like I haven’t identified with any one character to be a, “_______ user”. That’s fine by me.

After reading more on the Resident Evil series, I have to say I think it’s an underdog for a Smash character. It’s got millions of dollars invested in a multimedia franchise, releasing games, movies, and different comics/books. It’s a series that has appeared on almost every gaming console, with a handful on Nintendo consoles (Revelations 1 and 2, RE4 remaster, RE1 Remaster), and is the pinnacle of survival horror gameplay.

After playing through Leon’s story (I started Claire B Run because I couldn’t start KH3 just yet), the fact that you have to manage supplies effectively is a brilliant way to instate horror in the player.

On hardcore, which I am certainly not good enough to play, you can only save if you enough of a certain item. So if you don’t have this particular item, you may not be able to save before a hallway with a Licker, with X trying to give it to you, after you have put in at least an hour of progress and have run out of health items. While you aren’t in real danger, the fear it provokes is certainly real enough for the moment. Brilliant game design.

This is why I think Jill or Leon should be in Smash as DLC. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

D

Deleted member

Imagine now , the moment your Dream character finaly gets revealed for Smash.
I won’t need a new Smash game then.

Also, sorry for that thing I took out of the post. I thought that I deleted it before answering Graizen.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So, I know you're playing me.

But if it's a 1969 z28 Camaro refinished in red with black racing stripes then I'm listening.
Is that so?
007~2.jpg

staindgrey was never seen again after that day

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
For that I'll refer back to "What you grow up with is what you'll practically describe. An amount of centimeters or "half a meter/one and a half meters" that kind of stuff is very normal for me to use because that's in my system.
I know. I'm not arguing it's better. I'm arguing that the generally accepted statement that the metric system is objectively better isn't necessarily true. Centimeters are too short, meters are too long and nobody even uses decimeters. Tens are easier to remember but feet and inches are closer together for common practical use. Both have strengths.

D

Deleted member

God I can just picture it

A trailer opens up with a large green field, and a foot hits the ground. And YWRON/Uncontrollable starts playing

I would literally ****ing explode with hype

Roberk

Smash Champion
Lmao look at this nerd who's wrong
Bases > Growths and Guy makes up for the few Growths that Lyn has over him with his own growths he has over Lyn and of course higher bases. Guy also has much better support partners and can easily fill an A and B support while Lyn struggles to find an A that doens’t take away from another unit. Guy also promotes much earlier compared to Lyn’s late forced lord promotion. Forget Lyn, let’s get Guy in Smash.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
My dream character is Steve.

Because I enjoy playing Minecraft (though the fanbase I dislike, I stick to solo survival) and think he could be a bit creative.

No it's not a joke.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I feel like I haven’t identified with any one character to be a, “_______ user”. That’s fine by me.

After reading more on the Resident Evil series, I have to say I think it’s an underdog for a Smash character. It’s got millions of dollars invested in a multimedia franchise, releasing games, movies, and different comics/books. It’s a series that has appeared on almost every gaming console, with a handful on Nintendo consoles (Revelations 1 and 2, RE4 remaster, RE1 Remaster), and is the pinnacle of survival horror gameplay.

After playing through Leon’s story (I started Claire B Run because I couldn’t start KH3 just yet), the fact that you have to manage supplies effectively is a brilliant way to instate horror in the player.

On hardcore, which I am certainly not good enough to play, you can only save if you enough of a certain item. So if you don’t have this particular item, you may not be able to save before a hallway with a Licker, with X trying to give it to you, after you have put in at least an hour of progress and have run out of health items. While you aren’t in real danger, the fear it provokes is certainly real enough for the moment. Brilliant game design.

This is why I think Jill or Leon should be in Smash as DLC. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Annnnnnd my favorite post of the day goes to.

Seriously though. I'm glad you're enjoying RE2. :shades:

D

Deleted member

Bases > Growths and Guy makes up for the few Growths that Lyn has over him with his own growths he has over Lyn and of course higher bases. Guy also has much better support partners and can easily fill an A and B support while Lyn struggles to find an A that doens’t take away from another unit. Guy also promotes much earlier compared to Lyn’s late forced lord promotion. Forget Lyn, let’s get Guy in Smash.
Bases are the most overrated **** in all of FE when they're not gonna save an unit in the long run, not to mention Lyn has her own 10 chapters to gain levels before Eliwood/Hector even starts so she'll already have outclassed Guy by the time he joins. Don't get me wrong, I love Guy but he's held back by the fact he's in a game with a Lord who can do everything he can but better and also has a Prf weapon.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
How about instead of those gifs, we just jump like this one.

Finding a gif for this series is honestly difficult.

D

Deleted member

I imagine CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica ’s reaction to Dragonborn in Smash being to a lesser or neutral extent similar to this video.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Problem is, I don't know who that is.

Is it Jill? Hell yeah.
Is it Midna? Also hell yeah.
Is it NiGHTS? Also hell yeah again.
Is it Hawke? Also also-- Eh, you get the point.

Like, after my girl Daisy got in as a clone I didn't want to play and Cloud opened up the floodgates for what could or couldn't be DLC, I want so many things somewhat equally. There are a lot of characters that would make me fanboy all over you guys.

But if I had to pick ONLY ONE...

Yeah, Jill. Resident Evil needs to be in this videogame celebration. The REmake altered my view of videogames, opened me up to the horror genre and is so addictingly enjoyable that I've successfully beaten at least one campaign of RE1 on six different consoles. I don't think any other total franchise has affected me as much as a person to the degree that Resident Evil has.

I want Jill, guys.

ToonTwink101

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1520-2582-6239
Problem is, I don't know who that is.

Is it Jill? Hell yeah.
Is it Midna? Also hell yeah.
Is it NiGHTS? Also hell yeah again.
Is it Hawke? Also also-- Eh, you get the point.

Like, after my girl Daisy got in as a clone I didn't want to play and Cloud opened up the floodgates for what could or couldn't be DLC, I want so many things somewhat equally. There are a lot of characters that would make me fanboy all over you guys.

But if I had to pick ONLY ONE...

Yeah, Jill. Resident Evil needs to be in this videogame celebration. The REmake altered my view of videogames, opened me up to the horror genre and is so addictingly enjoyable that I've successfully beaten at least one campaign of RE1 on six different consoles. I don't think any other total franchise has affected me as much as a person to the degree that Resident Evil has.

I want Jill, guys.
What would her moveset be? I'm actually curious to see they could come up with.

D

Deleted member

Wasn't she in like Street Fighter or Tekken or something MVC3 at some point? If they wanna be boring they can just do something like that where she like punches and kicks or she could have an interesting ammo mechanic for her guns

ToonTwink101

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1520-2582-6239
Wasn't she in like Street Fighter or Tekken or something at some point? If they wanna be boring they can just do something like that where she like punches and kicks or she could have an interesting ammo mechanic for her guns
Oh yeahhh she was in MvC3, I forgot. Yeah they could just copy and paste that into Smash lol.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I mean, draw inspiration from MvC2. There's already on there. The monsters would have to be incorporated differently or removed since Smash doesn't have an invisible wall to spawn from, but she has combat moves from that game OR Revelations/RE5 to use for normals.

Specials, you have a host of weaponry from the games. Grenade launcher with flame/acid/freeze/flash rounds. Land mines. Grenades. Combat knife. Counter dagger. Taser. A goddamn rocket launcher. You could have zombies spawn from the ground a la Zelda's phantom and send it lumbering forward as a slow projectile. The only thing that's essentially unusable is all of the realistic-looking firearms that the series is known for. But Snake isn't the only one able to work around that.

I think I feel inspired to actually make a moveset for real since no one else has yet.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bases are the most overrated **** in all of FE when they're not gonna save an unit in the long run, not to mention Lyn has her own 10 chapters to gain levels before Eliwood/Hector even starts so she'll already have outclassed Guy by the time he joins. Don't get me wrong, I love Guy but he's held back by the fact he's in a game with a Lord who can do everything he can but better and also has a Prf weapon.
Uh...no. Bases are absolutely more important than growths. There's a good reason why Palla is considered by and large better than Est in literally every game they're both in. A unit with good base stats can have a poor level up and still perform really well, but a growth unit can get absolutely screwed over with a poor level up. It doesn't matter how good the growth rate is...unless it's 100%, you can't rely on them happening each and every time.

ToonTwink101

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1520-2582-6239
I mean, draw inspiration from MvC2. There's already on there. The monsters would have to be incorporated differently or removed since Smash doesn't have an invisible wall to spawn from, but she has combat moves from that game OR Revelations/RE5 to use for normals.

Specials, you have a host of weaponry from the games. Grenade launcher with flame/acid/freeze/flash rounds. Land mines. Grenades. Combat knife. Counter dagger. Taser. A goddamn rocket launcher. You could have zombies spawn from the ground a la Zelda's phantom and send it lumbering forward as a slow projectile. The only thing that's essentially unusable is all of the realistic-looking firearms that the series is known for. But Snake isn't the only one able to work around that.

I think I feel inspired to actually make a moveset for real since no one else has yet.
Do it fam.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Guys I have a theory that the Grinch leak may not be real after all, I been playing for 2 months and I still didn't unlock Geno, Banjo, Isaac or Shadow... or maybe is that is just me that I don't know how to unlock them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom