• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Pokemon Trainer are the same, but counted separately officially.

They were always officially separate characters in Melee. Just tied to a slot and a mechanic. It's the same reason Sakurai outright said Brawl has 39 characters(despite there being 35 slots). Transformations just become another full character. Also, the fact Zelda and Sheik get played separately almost all the time in actual competitive play(cause Zelda is just that bad), it's pretty much 26. Funny thing is later games removed the things that attempted to define the character "number' as much. Like having separate Target Tests.
Melee: 25 playable characters (26 playable characters if all separate)
Ultimate: 80 playable characters (82 playable characters if all separate)

Does that cover it. :p

D

Deleted member

Define here, because I'd wager almost everyone in this thread at the moment plays Smash casually and looks at the game from a casual perspective. I don't think you have any right to gatekeep the community.
His post was straight up disrespectful and immature. Soccer Guy himself has stated that there's no right way to play Smash. To say that the only parts of the game that matter are the competitive scenes and the balancing is just wrong, but kinda funny.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Technically Ultimate will have 82 fighters when the PT Pokémon are separated, so he’s right about Ultimate having 80 and Melee having 25 (combining the Pokémon and Zelda/Sheik), while you’d be right about the games having 82 against 26 (separated)
Actually, this is incorrect. There's 80 characters including PT separated. PT and the 3 Mii Fighters are considered 6 characters altogether as is.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Melee: 25 playable characters (26 playable characters if all separate)
Ultimate: 80 playable characters (82 playable characters if all separate)

Does that cover it. :p
As I just pointed out, there's 80 characters if everyone is separated. It's why Piranha Plant is number 70. There's 5 Echo Fighters, and 5 more DLC Fighters coming.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Dare I ask if the topic is about Brawl and Ultimate or whatever? I might give my input and opinions on things too.

D

Deleted member

Define here, because I'd wager almost everyone in this thread at the moment plays Smash casually and looks at the game from a casual perspective. I don't think you have any right to gatekeep the community.
I was not gate keeping anything I was just notifying him that reddit may have more users that may see eye to eye with him sorry if I made anyone mad.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Those things are the most important things to us here if you want a more casual community go to reddit.
This isn't an exclusively competitive community here. It's a mix of both casual and competitive discussion. You can't say someone doesn't belong here if they're more causal, because I guarantee a lot of people here play causally more than competitively.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I love the idea of transforming characyers, but the execution was just terrible. In almost every instance, one alt form just ends up being 100% superior (Shiek, Zero Suit Samus, Brawl Squirtle), the other character(s) it could be, despite the fact that they were made so that using them in tandem could cover the strengths and weaknesses of each form.

Ult Trainer did it the best, in fact almost perfectly, but Charizard needs help. Like, a BIG push.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dare I ask if the topic is about Brawl and Ultimate or whatever? I might give my input and opinions on things too.
It's now about how many characters are in Ultimate and Melee respectively.

I was saying that the casual and competitive parts of Smash are equally important and iconic.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Suite Life is better don't @ me
IF you're talking about the quality of the series, then maybe, but if you're talking about strength levels, then there's an entirely different debate to be had

First, we have to talk about Spencer Moseby. Mr Moseby's older brother who was shown FTL+ feats. It was clear in the introduction of his arc that he had far exceeded his younger brother. However, it was confirmed in S2e08 that Mr. Moseby had surpassed his brother, thus we can conclude that he is at least mutli galaxy, maybe small universal if you **** him.

Don't even get me started on TSR (thats so raven) though. Low-multiversal feats all over that show. Victor Baxter can scale to Goku if you highball

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Like?

You can't just say "I've got evidence" and then not present it.
we have this IndieGamerChick person:

https://twitter.com/IndieGamerChick/

She seems to be a leaker with a following, and I think she leaked some Microsoft stuff with the Switch which seems to be turning out to be true. She has claimed that B-K will be on an N64 Classic and will be in Smash as DLC; those tweets were deleted, however, so here's a compilation that was shared in the Banjo thread:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I love the idea of transforming characyers, but the execution was just terrible. In almost every instance, one alt form just ends up being 100% superior (Shiek, Zero Suit Samus, Brawl Squirtle), the other character(s) it could be, despite the fact that they were made so that using them in tandem could cover the strengths and weaknesses of each form.

Ult Trainer did it the best, in fact almost perfectly, but Charizard needs help. Like, a BIG push.
Big push?

Charizard x Snorlax?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Recently I’ve been looking up modern day logos (you know, those things that appear when you boot a game up) and I’m disappointed most of them are just a simple static image.

What we need to do is take a note from 1914 logos like this one:

And yes, this was actually used in movies.

Shroob

Sup?
I was not gate keeping anything I was just notifying him that reddit may have more users that may see eye to eye with him sorry if I made anyone mad.
I disagree.

Reddit is full of "Look what this pro did on stream" or "Tournament result" posts that reach front page, while Smashboards is the casual hangout.

The fact that this thread and the Square thread probably rake in considerably more traffic than most other threads speaks volumes.

D

Deleted member

i didn't expect so much interest but here it goes
EDIT: god****ingdamnit clicked post om accident
EDIT 2: this might take a while as I never properly wrote down these ideas before
Wow i do that a lot too so no worries :)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
View attachment 191711
Again Idk if I can trust him still due to him getting the Jan direct wrong because it’s feb right now

Also I hate it when I post these gamefaqs links they take me to the first page instead of the selected reply
Not that I care about Banjo, but as of now, I'm not sure if I believe any of the insiders. Practically no one saw PP, practically no one saw Joker, but then these insiders expect us to treat what they say as gospel? Wasn't the SE character "guaranteed" to be shown off at TGA?

I'll wait for the third DLC character. If it's another "didn't see that coming" character, I think I'll stick solely to my own predictions. It's easier and more fun when it's like that anyway.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I hope we at most get a tease of the next DLC character on Wednesday.

Even better maybe a tease of the rest like silhouettes of them. That would help lead to more discussions going on here and keeping us busy until then.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

They just need to fix the auto cancel frames on Charizard's Fair and I think he'll be (mostly) fine. Having a safe aerial on shield goes a long way.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
For me, I'm not going to decry the leak as being 'dead' until the 13th to be blunt. I don't expect it to happen to be brutally honest, the Direct I mean, but at the same time, we honestly don't even know if the 13th is supposed to be the Direct itself, or an announcement for the Direct.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Even better maybe a tease of the rest like silhouettes of them. That would help lead to more discussions going on here and keeping us busy until then.
We are all to good we would have them figured out before the direct is over

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch that we do get a reveal on Wednesday and turns out "Brave" is Edelgard.

Internet goes into chaos due to inclusion of yet again ANOTHER Fire Emblem character. :p

D

Deleted member

Not that I care about Banjo, but as of now, I'm not sure if I believe any of the insiders. Practically no one saw PP, practically no one saw Joker, but then these insiders expect us to treat what they say as gospel? Wasn't the SE character "guaranteed" to be shown off at TGA?

I'll wait for the third DLC character. If it's another "didn't see that coming" character, I think I'll stick solely to my own predictions. It's easier and more fun when it's like that anyway.
No it was joker instead. Did anyone leak him no because...THEY NEVER SAW IT COMING!:yeahboi:
God I love this I hope joker plays well!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If you believe in the theory that there's infinite parallel universes with slight variations in each, there are universes where instead of Piranha Plant, we got Qwilfish as our off-the-wall character.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd gladly take a Groudon right now. There's nine ****ing inches of snow outside and it's still snowing.
I can only dream of such snow.

We used to get short blizzards sometimes or at least snow everywhere, and now it's either nothing or just patches every year...

View attachment 191716
What's that? Can't hear you over the news drought i'm bringing.
I'm gonna die noooooo.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

That would spoil a lot of the speculation though. Seeing silhouettes of only four or three characters couldn't be too hard for us to make out, and even if they were, the basic design of each character would rule out a lot options. I'm sure we'd easily be able to tell if Banjo or Steve were included in the silhouettes (especially the latter, for obvious reasons).

Let's spread out the reveals so we have something to speculate over. Keep in mind that once the final character is revealed, we may not get to do character speculation on Smashboards again for several years.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
God dammit Twitter, I saw Geno trending and had a complete heart attack thinking he was leaked or had his trailer revealed all of a sudden.

Turns it’s just a sports player...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If you believe in the theory that there's infinite parallel universes with slight variations in each, there are universes where instead of Piranha Plant, we got Qwilfish as our off-the-wall character.
And in one universe, we got the Pokemon from the Gold & Silver betas.

I want Ditto's evolution Animon dang it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom