• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, it’s just a bit hard being half way around the world. Which I know makes them bitter. They tend to blame Japan and my wife for keeping us here even though it was my decision. And our financial situation doesn’t really allow for us to make a big visit. And they have no interest ever leaving the US. Even to go to Canada.
Do you talk to them on the phone or skype?

Honestly they sound really lonely.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So I just had loads of fun. Highly recommend, I was laughing so hard I could barely see the screen:

Custom Mega smash, only items are mushrooms on high, playing :ultkrool::ultdk::ultridley::ultbowser:. At fast speed. I had it set on stage switch between Paly's Temple and Fountain of Dreams, and as soon as it switched to FoD it was unadulterated chaos. Ridley alone took up the whole screen.

I also did the same with the mini version (:ultsquirtle::ultpichu::ultjigglypuff::ultisabelle:) but it was nowhere near as much fun since I fixed the camera too. I had to basically guess what Squirtle was doing at any point in time. But it was pretty funny when we were all fighting in the underground dungeon area of Paly's temple where the spring is when the stage switched. Nobody could make it back in time and we all died.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Do you talk to them on the phone or skype?

Honestly they sound really lonely.
They probably are since my sister lives about 2 hours away. We talk about one a week or once every 2 weeks but the conversation is so guarded and stale. Thankfully for daughter diffuses some of the tension so it’s manageable.

They were always pretty cool people but probably within the past four years, they have become very cold and...old lol.

Math Jreeds 1284

Smash Cadet
Just as prepared if they don't announce anything smash related in the next direct, company's too quiet and secretive most of the time :()

All the worse if we waited 5 long months for eRdrICk x) lol. On the bright side, more datamines

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I voice for someone in a video game, and he told me this over discord:
"I went to a gaming area near my town and offered to let a kid (who btw was waiting for a computer and, knowing these kids, wouldn't get one for another hour) play a part of my game that hasn't been released to the public. I kid you not, the kid just turned to me and said: "**** that, I'm just waiting for fortnite""

I see humanity is pretty cool.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Jokes aside, MissingNo could be very cool. It could transform into these guys as part of its moveset.
1549928485970.png

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What other conversations do you try to have?

I mean, talk about work, talk about his work. Easy conversation starter.
His work now involves being a CEO working under an owner who actively despises anything that doesn't cater to his posse of rich white men and will donate incredibly large sums of money to lobby Republican congressmen. He lives in a damn mansion with Fox News on his ten TVs and pushes everything he's told through a strict Puritan perspective despite, to my knowledge, never reading the bible once. He believes different races shouldn't date, homosexuality is a sin, transgender people are faking it, the entire Islamic culture wants to bomb America, being white doesn't have privileges and poor people just aren't trying hard enough.

So there's not really any topic I want to talk about with him.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Not to bring up Erdrick but I’m bringing up Erdrick...

What if the Brave found in the datamine a while back wasn’t referring to a Erdrick per day but as in the Warrior class. So we would have Erdrick as a base with subsequent warrior protags as are?

Something I was considering and fully support if it were the case.

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
I'm considering backing Star Fox Grand Prix as legitimate. Nothing has come from my end, but popular, trustworthy people have consistently had information about the game. And now that I've seen it potentially teased, I'm starting to think it's legit. Won't say who or where I've heard this stuff from until the time comes, for now I don't have permission to name anyone.

On another note, a different brand ambassador is claiming the September AC date is legitimate. This doesn't come from my main NoA contact, so I'm taking it 50/50, but this person has been right in the past. So it may not be in the direct. Hmm.

D

Deleted member

His work now involves being a CEO working under an owner who actively despises anything that doesn't cater to his posse of rich white men and will donate incredibly large sums of money to lobby Republican congressmen. He lives in a damn mansion with Fox News on his ten TVs and pushes everything he's told through a strict Puritan perspective despite, to my knowledge, never reading the bible once. He believes different races shouldn't date, homosexuality is a sin, transgender people are faking it, the entire Islamic culture wants to bomb America, being white doesn't have privileges and poor people just aren't trying hard enough.

So there's not really any topic I want to talk about with him.
smh stop being so mean to your dad, he's just trying to open up to you about the oppression he faces as a real gamer™

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I still say Brave is ‘Not Shane’

Because it takes Bravery to play The Town With No Name

884D8C8D-50E2-4862-BA2E-A4F8A8EB63A4.jpeg

Math Jreeds 1284

Smash Cadet
Brave could be any friggin Japanese game developed hero. They're honestly generic with it as 90s mascots being rAdiCaL

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I can’t promise anything since i gosh darn can’t stick to one thing but I’ma thinkin of starting one of them You Tube video things and using one of them nifty cameras to record myself flapping my gams about Smash and silly things like that whilst tooteling up and down my small part of Japan.

Do ya youngins still use that You Tube?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
smh stop being so mean to your dad, he's just trying to open up to you about the oppression he faces as a real gamer™
Lol.

I probably shouldn't have opened up about that considering how political it got, but when people tell me I just need to find something we have in common my mind jumps to the time he told me white people shouldn't date minorities while I was dating a Korean girl. There's a good man in there somewhere who raised me, but he changed and it's not my job to change him back. Or pity him because he's lonely.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm considering backing Star Fox Grand Prix as legitimate. Nothing has come from my end, but popular, trustworthy people have consistently had information about the game. And now that I've seen it potentially teased, I'm starting to think it's legit. Won't say who or where I've heard this stuff from until the time comes, for now I don't have permission to name anyone.

On another note, a different brand ambassador is claiming the September AC date is legitimate. This doesn't come from my main NoA contact, so I'm taking it 50/50, but this person has been right in the past. So it may not be in the direct. Hmm.
Now that you brought both star fox and animal crossing up...

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I can’t promise anything since i gosh darn can’t stick to one thing but I’ma thinkin of starting one of them You Tube video things and using one of them nifty cameras to record myself flapping my gams about Smash and silly things like that whilst tooteling up and down my small part of Japan.

Do ya youngins still use that You Tube?
I actually own a small Smash bros. channel. If you start it up, I'd love to collab sometime.

D

Deleted member

I want to make my villain intimidating, any tips as to how I can achieve this feat?
Make him like, unnaturally calm. Don't conform to the usual "kill your henchmen becausr they disobeyed you" tropes and such but make him have like tranquil fury when his plans are ruined, for example. Like Kingpin in Spiderverse, he was so calm throughout the whole movie that when he flipped out if was terrifying

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I voice for someone in a video game, and he told me this over discord:
"I went to a gaming area near my town and offered to let a kid (who btw was waiting for a computer and, knowing these kids, wouldn't get one for another hour) play a part of my game that hasn't been released to the public. I kid you not, the kid just turned to me and said: "**** that, I'm just waiting for fortnite""

I see humanity is pretty cool.
tbf, this aint like the old days where games were precious, there's an abundance of them, and a lot of high quality ones. Has to stand out to catch attention. or fill a niche.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I want to make my villain intimidating, any tips as to how I can achieve this feat?
make him look like Steve Minecraft but with white eyes.

...on a serious note, that actually was intimidating to me when I was 11, and I also scared someone with my Minecraft skin when I was in the dark in their base even though the skin isn't Herobrine himself, it just has white eyes. My username makes it pretty clear that I took the white eyes from Herobrine, though.

Anyway, I'm not sure, as my other ideas seem generic...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom