• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
To be honest, Tiz's change into a more edgy person still makes me laugh. Bravely Second.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yo I just got a really stupid idea for a video but I wanna do it. Reviewing bad Smash leaks.

AND WE GET A PAPAGENOS COLLAB /s

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Well I can say my project is finally done.

Screenshot (310).png
Screenshot (311).png
Screenshot (312).png
Screenshot (313).png
This is my character, Aldrik. I've had this guy floating in my mind and finally got around to making him weeks ago and finally finished today. This was my first full body model. All my completed work prior to this were just busts so this is not going to be very accurate anatomy wise (I took inspiration from mostly a big cat and parts of certain dinosaurs and emus when designing the head and feet respectively but made alterations on the latter the most) muscles may look a bit wonky, feet are likely off (ran into an issue during painting when I discovered that the claws on the hind feet were asymmetrical and couldn't properly fix it)painting isnt well done, etc.

For the color choice, I went with various shades of green with bits of brown for the horns and golden yellow for the eyes. I tried my hand at making stripes using brush alphas. I don't think I did too bad on that. Overall, for a first full body model, I think I did decent. I learned a lot of new techniques while working on this that will help me during future projects. Speaking of which, I'm not sure when I'll begin the next one. I'll probably take a short break before I begin work again. I hope you guys enjoyed watching me gradually put this character together.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Well, you know your good when someone copies your thumbnail style... :p
Just approach him about it in private, maybe.

Like I said I generally ignore it, but seeing as someone on here actually accidentally mistook a video from me as a LaxChris Video before catching their mistake, I figured I'd at least explain the situation.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
and before the discussion fades, let me post the #1 reason for a bravely character in smash

even if we only get two unremixed music tracks, this would absolutely be one of them and is ****ing magnificent

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Try asking him about the idea.
Maybe he could be fine with it.
I would, but I don't wanna bug him. Maybe later...

Like I said I generally ignore it, but seeing as someone on here actually accidentally mistook a video from me as a LaxChris Video before catching their mistake, I figured I'd at least explain the situation.
True. best not to dive head first into topics like that.

Iridium

Smash Hero
kaza****e.
Unintentional Japanese censors are my favorite.

Well I can say my project is finally done.

View attachment 191398View attachment 191399View attachment 191400View attachment 191401This is my character, Aldrik. I've had this guy floating in my mind and finally got around to making him weeks ago and finally finished today. This was my first full body model. All my completed work prior to this were just busts so this is not going to be very accurate anatomy wise (I took inspiration from mostly a big cat and parts of certain dinosaurs and emus when designing the head and feet respectively but made alterations on the latter the most) muscles may look a bit wonky, feet are likely off (ran into an issue during painting when I discovered that the claws on the hind feet were asymmetrical and couldn't properly fix it)painting isnt well done, etc.

For the color choice, I went with various shades of green with bits of brown for the horns and golden yellow for the eyes. I tried my hand at making stripes using brush alphas. I don't think I did too bad on that. Overall, for a first full body model, I think I did decent. I learned a lot of new techniques while working on this that will help me during future projects. Speaking of which, I'm not sure when I'll begin the next one. I'll probably take a short break before I begin work again. I hope you guys enjoyed watching me gradually put this character together.
You know I like this. I just want to know what do you plan to do with this character.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I will probably ask him myself later, once I get more subs.

That isn't really drama...
Knowing what happened this morning here... I literally imagine the thread getting over me for any single mistake or thing I make or say.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
and before the discussion fades, let me post the #1 reason for a bravely character in smash

even if we only get two unremixed music tracks, this would absolutely be one of them and is ****ing magnificent
I was hoping they would’ve added that to Midgar to make up for the lack of FF music.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

This and the characters themes would be great in Smash. Especially Ringabel and Tiz’s themes.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Good word. Earlier I made a post on how I would be ok with a collab with Papagenos, as ya know. Then I got a notif saying he quoted me. I thought he was responding to that post lol

D

Deleted member

Ok, the Bravely talk is finally over. Now I can talk about stuff that I have knowledge about.
Case in point: the Mach Rider theme.

This tune gets overlooked too much, and the Melee remix doesn’t make it justice (althought it starts with the introduction of another song from the game, which fits nicely) at least for me.
I hope that in the future this theme gets a remix that actually uses all of its potential, I don’t care if it happens in Smash, a revival of the IP or even in something unrelated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom