• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As well, it's important to note that the use of ballistae wasn't sustainable in Marth's time. It's stated in Kris's conversations with Beck that the oil needed to operate a ballista was in incredibly short supply, and it was currently all taken and used by the Archanean Empire. That's actually the in-universe reason as to why there are no player-controlled ballista units in FE3/FE12, and why Beck and Jake got reclassed in New Mystery.

So it's kind of implied that they started using ballistae much earlier than they normally should've, since using them relied on a magic fruit's oil instead of, well, actually building a ballista that functions.
so youre saying we got oil mines in fire emblem

So what if-- hear me out on this-- we get a Direct on Valentine's Day.

And to coincide with the holiday-- which is Valentine's Day-- they reveal none other than...

Eh? Eh??
neh? neh.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post: 10char spam

And to coincide with the holiday-- which is Valentine's Day-- they reveal none other than...

Eh? Eh??

w h a t

D

Deleted member

"Best girl" is, and has always been, a hypersubjective term.

That said, your waifu is objectively trash.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've played all three games and this is the first I'm hearing of a "peace-generating force-field".

I don't know, maybe I missed it.

It's true that it's super weird how the "good place" is "basically Japan" while the "bad place" is "generic European country", but that ignores the fact that "Japan" is super xenophobic (all the chapters are rout missions in Birthright for a reason beyond just gameplay) and the "Europeans" are mostly just good people trying to get by in a bad situation (besides "Garon", Iago and the other major villains).

Granted, it's still got massive holes in the writing.
I'm being somewhat hyperbolic as I remember hearing the Japanese version has that but it's because the writing goes "Oh yes Hoshido is incredibly perfect in every way possible" because for some reason Japan really enjoys believing they did nothing wrong in the history of ever like America seems to do all the time
Wonder how muskets would work in FE's weapon system.

I'm thinking super effective against the whole triangle with an extra bonus on flying units but with low accuracy and can only attack every second turn.
Make them low-ammo weapons I suppose, like less than half of the amount of uses as a Silver Bow

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
elma will be revealed at vga 2019 because of sakurai's innate need to make an uncontrollable reference, leaving me in a train full of "guys sora can still be the se rep"
"Here's how Bernie could still win Sora could still be in the game."

osby

Smash Obsessed

Eh? Eh??
You're wide open for a Soulcalibur joke.

D

Deleted member

Eh? Eh??
Jill's actually pretty cool. I wouldn't mind her, in fact I kinda want her compared to other characters that I know nothing about

She just seems pretty cool

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
fire emblem really is in its own technological drought

like seriously awakening is gajillions of years after marth's already balistae era of roman weapons

how the **** have they not been introduced to gunpowder yet, magic wont get you everywhere
And then there’s Zelda where technological progress goes backwards most of the time...

Or the game rating. I mean, gunpowder weaponry would make it go to Teen at least, right?
It depends on the context really. For example, in a really cartoony setting, such as the Worms games, they use modern weaponry like machine guns but the games are still usually E10.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Eh? Eh??
Instead they just announce the release date of the REmake port and Itsuno appears reminding everyone how if they want Dante in Smash then we should campaign for DMC on the Switch before announcing DMC on the Switch

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And then there’s Zelda where technological progress goes backwards most of the time...
reminder that the adult timeline is the best timeline because it took them like 500 years to go from medieval times to the ****ing industrial revolution from Ocarina all the way to the most modern game

**** on spirit tracks all you want but it took a solid 60 years for Link to turn hyrule from a naval society into a train society

:toonlink: this kid is probably the best civil engineer to ever exist indirectly

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
wouldnt leon make more sense cause of RE2 :072:
Leon and Jill both make sense. I just prefer Jill.

RE2 has already gone through the bulk of its sales, as most single-player games do. Additional advertisement-- unless the game is coming to Switch-- is kind of unnecessary if the character isn't even coming to the game until like April at minimum.

And there are rumors that they're already working on an RE3 remake. And you know whose game that is.

KMDP

Smash Legend

I'm thinking super effective against the whole triangle with an extra bonus on flying units but with low accuracy and can only attack every second turn.
Hmm... That's an interesting thought.

Pistol - Super High Might, but the accuracy is [Unit's Skill + Speed]%, has a limited number of shots depending on the gun (6 for a Revolver, for example) until you need to spend a turn reloading.

This kind of messing with the established FE weapon system is something I've thought about, I recently devised a reworked version of Tomes, because it's always kind of bugged me how Tomes work in Fire Emblem. I'll elborate if people want.
I'm being somewhat hyperbolic as I remember hearing the Japanese version has that but it's because the writing goes "Oh yes Hoshido is incredibly perfect in every way possible" because for some reason Japan really enjoys believing they did nothing wrong in the history of ever like America seems to do all the time

Make them low-ammo weapons I suppose, like less than half of the amount of uses as a Silver Bow
Now that I think of it, I believe the forcefield is more "keep those filthy Nohrians out of our perfect country" than "the forcefield makes people peaceful".

Which is kind of worse; when you strip away the "peaceful nature", Hoshidans are kind of vile.

I think I actually mentioned this a few months ago; the difference between Nohr and Hoshido runs super deep: Nohr is outwardly dark but has an inner light, while Hoshido is outwardly light but has an inner darkness.

IntSys should have played up this aspect more than they did, and ditched the Western Aesthetic/Eastern Aesthetic entirely.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Eh? Eh??
When you purchase her, does it come with a code for a free sub at participating Subway's?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm really wondering what's going on now. We should definitely have at least gotten word that they're coming out with DLC Mii outfits by now.

Also amiibo - the last set we know are coming are :ultkrool::ultpiranha::ulticeclimbers: on Friday. After that...

The official amiibo site lists :ultyounglink::ultdaisy::ultisabelle::ultken::ultpichu: as "Coming 2019" We've known about Daisy since E3 last year, so we know she's inbound, but no release dates. Not to mention that leak from a few weeks ago with :ultsnake::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultpokemontrainer::ultchrom::ultdarksamus:.

I feel like things have been really quiet all over recently.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

all i'm saying is that awakening would have been over a lot faster if chrom ditched the falchion and packed some good old hot american lead

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Now that I think of it, I believe the forcefield is more "keep those filthy Nohrians out of our perfect country" than "the forcefield makes people peaceful".

Which is kind of worse; when you strip away the "peaceful nature", Hoshidans are kind of vile.

I think I actually mentioned this a few months ago; the difference between Nohr and Hoshido runs super deep: Nohr is outwardly dark but has an inner light, while Hoshido is outwardly light but has an inner darkness.

IntSys should have played up this aspect more than they did, and ditched the Western Aesthetic/Eastern Aesthetic entirely.
That's "island nation mentality" xenophobia to you.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
all i'm saying is that awakening would have been over a lot faster if chrom ditched the falchion and packed some good old hot american lead
Robin and Lucina should’ve brought some weapons back with them after their time helping out with Codename S.T.E.A.M.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i mean technically firearms were a european invention
muskets in particular are english

D

Deleted member

Capcom is the best repped 3rd party. Surprising, but not that surprising.

D

Deleted member

I'm really wondering what's going on now. We should definitely have at least gotten word that they're coming out with DLC Mii outfits by now.

Also amiibo - the last set we know are coming are :ultkrool::ultpiranha::ulticeclimbers: on Friday. After that...

The official amiibo site lists :ultyounglink::ultdaisy::ultisabelle::ultken::ultpichu: as "Coming 2019" We've known about Daisy since E3 last year, so we know she's inbound, but no release dates. Not to mention that leak from a few weeks ago with :ultsnake::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultpokemontrainer::ultchrom::ultdarksamus:.

I feel like things have been really quiet all over recently.
Gonna have to wait until like 2021 for an Incineroar amiibo, aren't I.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I've played all three games and this is the first I'm hearing of a "peace-generating force-field".

I don't know, maybe I missed it.

It's true that it's super weird how the "good place" is "basically Japan" while the "bad place" is "generic European country", but that ignores the fact that "Japan" is super xenophobic (all the chapters are rout missions in Birthright for a reason beyond just gameplay) and the "Europeans" are mostly just good people trying to get by in a bad situation (besides "Garon", Iago and the other major villains).

Granted, it's still got massive holes in the writing.
The Rout Missions were likely primarily for gameplay as the intention of the game was to appeal to Awakening fans who started with it, and Rout was the primary objective of those games as well. Additionally, IIRC narratively the rout objective doesn't really play into the story as I only recall it popping up once for the Wolfskin chapter, which in that case it was in self-defense and they showed regret for it, and the main objective for the Fuga chapter is a rout mission as well despite the fact that Fuga is not related to Nohr in any way and is just testing the characters.

As for the point though, Hoshido being completely good is a little hyperbolic, but it is true that ultimately it does end up looking like the 'good route' in the long run due to how the story treats its plight and characters. The NPC villains are a good example of that as only one from Hoshido is a complete jerkass with little redeemable points (Kotaro) and he's a side villain that is trying to gain more power in Hoshido, whereas Nohr has the aforementioned three as their primary villains who are almost cartoonish in how villainous they are considering they're psychopaths that conquer and murder indiscriminately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom