• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Fun fact: when Awakening got its first Japanese trailer, IGN posted the video on youtube with the description: "Roy and Marth are back in an all new Fire Emblem game."
Oh, IGN. Always one of the worst to the very end.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I’ve read back, but I can’t work out what the current topic is. .
Anyway, how are you all?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Let's "Cowboy Bebop at his Computer" some Fire Emblem:
"Fire Emblem started with Fire Emblem: Light Lizard and the Knife of Darkness on the NES; the main character, Marth, debuted in Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube. Marth's adventures start when his father, Roy, disappears and Marth uncovers a conspiracy involving the racial ties between Beast and Man."

Hmm, fair enough, it's been a while since I played Birthright.
There's already a great example of this. An old Nintendo magazine listed "Zigludo" as the main character of "Fire Emblem: Descent of Jihad."

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Fun fact: when Awakening got its first Japanese trailer, IGN posted the video on youtube with the description: "Roy and Marth are back in an all new Fire Emblem game."
link it pls

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Iridium

Smash Hero
This post gave me an idea...

Create a Pokémon newcomer and name their Specials. I'll start.
Since I see people doing it, and I've done one in the past:

Gallade

U-special - Aerial Ace: A quick upwards slice in the air, similar to Simon and Richter's uppercut. Great for off the top KOs, and has decent vertical and horizontal distance due to the ability to angle the direction, but Gallade is left vulnerable if he misses.

N-special - Psycho Cut: A far-reaching horizontal slash in front of Gallade. However, it can be charged as well, and damages opponents who get too close to him. It KOs fairly easily when fully charged (think of Marth's Shield Breaker, for instance) and can still keep opponents away at low percent, but has a bit of endlag in order to prevent spamming.

S-special - Night Slash: A slash with a dark effect added to it. Has a unique critical hit effect, in which it has almost enough launch power to one-hit KO, but has a 1-in-20 chance of happening. Quicker than Psycho Cut, but slightly weaker otherwise.

D-special - Swords Dance: Gallade hold out his hands above his head, and does a chant to summon a clanking group of swords (later SD animation reference). Raises damage values by 20% for 12 seconds. However, charging takes three seconds, and it must be uninterrupted, or the Swords Dance only raises damage values by 5%.

D

Deleted member

like, even if the 13th/14th dates going around aren't quite right, it has to be close now - even as I feel like we've been saying that every week for 6 weeks, we must be reaching some kind of point.
I feel like early March at the latest. They're pushing it if it's past that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
When you start running out of mythologies to draw from.
The worst/best part is that I can see where the translation went wrong.

Genealogy > Descendants = Descent

of = of

The Holy War = literally the definition of Jihad

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There's already a great example of this. An old Nintendo magazine listed "Zigludo" as the main character of "Fire Emblem: Descent of Jihad."
muslim culture is actually very interesting

ironic that they were one of the best armies in the world too

KMDP

Smash Legend
I actually have a magazine excerpt from before the GBA came out, when Binding Blade was being advertized (when Nintendo was thinking about localizing it and western magazines talked about it); the description of the plot of Binding Blade they gave is basically just the plot of Shadow Dragon 1:1.

I was trying to write something like "A Brief Synopsis of Lord of the Rings"; I wanted it to be hilariously wrong, but contain just enough right information to fool people who don't know any better, though I intentionally made the title wrong because I thought "Light Lizard" was funny.
Technically it's not an incorrect translation of "Seisen no Keifu", which makes it all the better.

Keifu = Genealogy = Descent
Seisen = Holy War = Jihad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What's happenin, buds?
Some people are talking about FE and Gamestop Germany leaked out that the Spyro reignited trilogy will arrive on august 16th for the switch which may or may not give credit to the Idea of a Direct this week. Otherwise not much.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I feel like early March at the latest. They're pushing it if it's past that.
I mean... they're already kinda pushing it since we're already a month into 2019 and they'e barely touched on most of their major games for the year.

They've got to start talking about this stuff soon.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What’s with the vendetta against nostalgia? That’s a perfectly valid reason to include a character.
youre talkin about retro characters

i may be nostalgic for lego obi-wan kenobi but i aint expecting him in smash

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
What’s with the vendetta against nostalgia? That’s a perfectly valid reason to include a character.
sure, and ultimate is definitely big on nostalgia at its core - we just shouldn't forget that the core audience for smash was born after 2000.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yes... but we already have a ton of those, in Smash...

It's honestly getting kinda tiring...

What's wrong with some new faces?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bruh, why are Deku and Asta's Japanese voice actors so hard on the ears?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yes, but only if you think recency is also a valid reason to include a character. Otherwise you're favoring a particular age demographic over the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom