• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gonna have to wait until like 2021 for an Incineroar amiibo, aren't I.
Sadly Incineroar was (besides the fighters pass five) the ONLY amiibo not listed on the leak. Which sucks, because I actually kinda want an Incineroar amiibo.

KMDP

Smash Legend
But it's still based on Japan, which IS. Also, fairly certain they only listened to the feedback of the JP fanbase when making Fates.
You missed the part of my post where I undercut my own point by highlighting it as a joke because I accidentally deleted that part while quoting Arigarmy.

Because I'm a huge moron.
The Rout Missions were likely primarily for gameplay as the intention of the game was to appeal to Awakening fans who started with it, and Rout was the primary objective of those games as well. Additionally, IIRC narratively the rout objective doesn't really play into the story as I only recall it popping up once for the Wolfskin chapter, which in that case it was in self-defense and they showed regret for it, and the main objective for the Fuga chapter is a rout mission as well despite the fact that Fuga is not related to Nohr in any way and is just testing the characters.

As for the point though, Hoshido being completely good is a little hyperbolic, but it is true that ultimately it does end up looking like the 'good route' in the long run due to how the story treats its plight and characters. The NPC villains are a good example of that as only one from Hoshido is a complete jerkass with little redeemable points (Kotaro) and he's a side villain that is trying to gain more power in Hoshido, whereas Nohr has the aforementioned three as their primary villains who are almost cartoonish in how villainous they are considering they're psychopaths that conquer and murder indiscriminately.
My point was that Hoshido is actively killing (almost) all of the Nohrians they encounter (and the game establishes this).

I think the developers were actively trying to interweave gameplay and story together (Rout missions make the game easier because you gain more experience, and the Hoshidans are routing the Nohrians because they've become racist assholes in their isolationism). Notably, very few of the Nohr chapters are rout missions, and Conquest establishes that Corrin is actively keeping people alive in that story.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I specifically meant 'prepubescent girls who wear skimpy clothing' so they didn't count to that. Plus I completely forgot them
remember that fates children are born immediately after S-supports to be placed in their timey-wimey outrealms thing and not born 'in the future' like in awakening, so the implication is that corrin did the thing with nyx/elise/sakura the moment they reached S-support which is kinda ****ing gross ngl

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
remember that fates children are born immediately after S-supports to be placed in their timey-wimey outrealms thing and not 'in the future' like in awakening, so the implication is that corrin did the thing with nyx/elise/sakura the moment they reached S-support which is kinda ****ing gross ngl
Don't forget that Corrin believes Sakura is his sister and grew up thinking Elise was his sister.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So what if-- hear me out on this-- we get a Direct on Valentine's Day.

And to coincide with the holiday-- which is Valentine's Day-- they reveal none other than...

Eh? Eh??
Since it doesn’t seem like she’ll be in a new RE game anytime soon (and she’s the best RE protagonist...**** Leon compared to Jill)...put her in the game

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
My point was that Hoshido is actively killing (almost) all of the Nohrians they encounter (and the game establishes this).

I think the developers were actively trying to interweave gameplay and story together (Rout missions make the game easier because you gain more experience, and the Hoshidans are routing the Nohrians because they've become racist ******** in their isolationism). Notably, very few of the Nohr chapters are rout missions, and Conquest establishes that Corrin is actively keeping people alive in that story.
I would agree with that if the narrative was making more of a point of that though. Conquest makes it clear that Corrin is trying to prevent pointless death and it never hides that fact, but from what I remember of Birthright while the Rout objective is the primary one they don't make a point of saying that Hoshido are indiscriminately killing Nohrians without cause, particularly since characters like Silas are recruited during such chapters. Hell, a plot point revolves around Corrin sparing one of the Nohrians who has a bit of a role in an arc, something of which I don't think would've been the case if Hoshido was gung-ho about killing them all (or at least, if that was the case there would've been more resistance to sparring him aside from Takumi).

In short, if the point was to make one of Hoshido's flaws their desire to slaughter Nohrians then the narrative does not do a good job conveying that point. A number of characters like Silas are left alive, it's not given any weight in the narrative, and it doesn't come across as a flaw as the story never has Hoshido's characters grow from it. There's not enough to support the notion that Hoshido has that dark point to it, or if it does it's not given the attention that it should've been to better balance out Hoshido's good traits.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Since it doesn’t seem like she’ll be in a new RE game anytime soon (and she’s the best RE protagonist...**** Leon compared to Jill)...put her in the game
Actually, the team responsible for RE2 Remake asked the fans if they want a remake of RE3, and if they wanted, they would work on it. Not surprisingly, there was a lot of people asking for it, so a RE3 Remake may be coming in the future.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I would agree with that if the narrative was making more of a point of that though. Conquest makes it clear that Corrin is trying to prevent pointless death and it never hides that fact, but from what I remember of Birthright while the Rout objective is the primary one they don't make a point of saying that Hoshido are indiscriminately killing Nohrians without cause, particularly since characters like Silas are recruited during such chapters. Hell, a plot point revolves around Corrin sparing one of the Nohrians who has a bit of a role in an arc, something of which I don't think would've been the case if Hoshido was gung-ho about killing them all (or at least, if that was the case there would've been more resistance to sparring him aside from Takumi).

In short, if the point was to make one of Hoshido's flaws their desire to slaughter Nohrians then the narrative does not do a good job conveying that point. A number of characters like Silas are left alive, it's not given any weight in the narrative, and it doesn't come across as a flaw as the story never has Hoshido's characters grow from it. There's not enough to support the notion that Hoshido has that dark point to it, or if it does it's not given the attention that it should've been to better balance out Hoshido's good traits.
I was actually going to say that part I bolded myself but forgot to.

If I remember right, the Hoshido army was about to kill Silas until he brought up his and Corrin's shared history. I vaguely remember them saying stuff like "we shouldn't leave a single Nohrian alive", or at least that was the impression I got from how Corrin and the others spoke about Nohrians (it was almost never positive outside of the Supports).

Don't forget that Corrin is basically on a massive revenge quest in Birthright and he's little better than Conquest Takumi and Oboro at some points, he starts to mellow out by the time they actually get into Nohr (which is why Camilla and Leo survive).
Fire Emblem. You're asking like we talk about anything else.
Psh, Fire Emblem and Smash are basically synonymous. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Actually, the team responsible for RE2 Remake asked the fans if they want a remake of RE3, and if they wanted, they would work on it. Not surprisingly, there was a lot of people asking for it, so a RE3 Remake may be coming in the future.
I probably should’ve clarified on my comment, I meant in future new games like RE8 or some other spin-off title...like a Revelations 3. It’s been too long since Jill got to do some new adventuring (though a RE3 remake I can get down with)...RE5 did a number on her

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
This post gave me an idea...

Create a Pokémon newcomer and name their Specials. I'll start.
I'll go with :038:.

Standard Special: Fire Spin (Breathes out a horizontal fire tornado, that burns with rapid hits.)
Side Special: Confuse Ray (Shoots a small purple beam from its eyes. Whoever it hits will briefly have their controls mixed up.)
Up Special: Tail Whip (Does a frontflip while whipping with its tail. This acts as tether recovery. It does no damage, but briefly decreases the opponent's weight by 15%.)
Down Special: Safeguard (Gains an invisible barrier for five seconds. In that five seconds, it can't be frozen, stunned, or paralyzed.)
Ya know?

We should be keeping an eye out on Jibanyan as potential DLC...

Nintendo's been trying to push Yo-kai Watch, hard...

And it isn't even owned by them
Weirdly enough, Jibanyan is the only video game character to be a 2020 Olympics ambassador. Everyone else is from anime. Sure there's a Yo-Kai Watch anime, but Jibanyan is primarily from video games.
Who would win in a fight?
Samus or Fox?
Canonically, I'd say Samus.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know it's not niche anymore when IGN starts making poorly researched discussion videos on it.
Fire Emblem: Three Heroes is going to be the best game. I hope it has Corrin, the main lord of Fire Emblem: Heroes for 3DS.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Fire Emblem: Three Heroes is going to be the best game. I hope it has Corrin, the main lord of Fire Emblem: Heroes for 3DS.
Why not a main character from the Vurtual Boy FE games? Those were the best

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This post gave me an idea...

Create a Pokémon newcomer and name their Specials. I'll start.
I’ll do the ideas I had for Cynthia’s Pokémon (they’d have the same down special as :ultpokemontrainer:, also Roserade is there as a potential substitute for either Milotic or Spiritomb in case neither are completely fit for a full moveset)

Garchomp:
Neutral Special: Brick Break, A shield breaking move. Garchomp’s fin glows and she slashes forward with it

Side Special: Dragon Rush, uses Charizard’s custom move of the same name, Garchomp dashes at the opponent while spinning and will carry the opponent while damaging them on contact.

Up Special: Giga Impact, similar to :ultincineroar:, flies up and dives down at a diagonal angle, landing with an explosive force

Spiritomb:
Neutral Special: Will-O-Wisp, A chargable move that puts up to three purple fireballs above her head and throws them forward

Side Special: Sucker Punch-a low-damage backward hit pulls opponents in and traps them in taking a stronger, high-damaging hit

Up Special: Ominous Wind, Spiritomb gets carried up by a whirlwind, deals damage to any nearby opponents.

Milotic:
Neutral Special: Mirror Coat, a counter that does average damage, doubles the damage and knockback when hit by a damage dealing special move

Side Special: Ice Beam, shoots out a concentrated stream as a projectile, has a chance of freezing the opponent

Up Special: Surf, a wave appears under Milotic as she rides on it at a diagonal angle,

Roserade:
Neutral Special: Energy Ball, a slighty chargable projectile that hits multiple times.

Side Special: Sludge Bomb, thrown in an arc, has a chance of doing poison damage.

Up Special: Leaf Storm, a whirlwind of leaves carries Roserade upward, surrounding leaves do small damage.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
If I remember right, the Hoshido army was about to kill Silas until he brought up his and Corrin's shared history. I vaguely remember them saying stuff like "we shouldn't leave a single Hoshidan alive", or at least that was the impression I got from how Corrin and the others spoke about Nohrians (it was almost never positive outside of the Supports).
Here's what I could find about what the other characters say about Silas joining them:

• Avatar: Will you be joining us as well, Silas?
  • Silas: Yes, I will join you. Although, I must say that I didn't expect to be pressed into service THIS quickly...
  • Saizo: You can't be serious, Avatar. You'd really allow this backstabbing Nohrian scum to accompany us.
  • Kaze: This is not your call, Saizo. And besides, if we abandon him here, he dies. That is not the Hoshidan way.
  • Saizo: Is the Hoshidan way to allow a potential spy access to our party? I will follow Avatar's lead...for now. But I will keep my eyes wide open.
  • Orochi: Saizo!
  • Kaze: Brother, Avatar spared my life when I was a prisoner in Nohr. I assure you that we can trust his/her judgement.
Nothing is said about killing him, and in fact Kaze implies the opposite by saying leaving him to die is not the Hoshidan way. Additionally, Saizo being wary of him is justified as they are in war and they have no reason to trust him other then Corrin's word, which means little to him so of course he doesn't care about Silas.

As for the "we shouldn't leave a single Nohrian alive", I'm skimming through the script right now so I may come across it, though as of right now I'm not seeing anything of that yet.

Don't forget that Corrin is basically on a massive revenge quest in Birthright and he's little better than Conquest Takumi and Oboro at some points, he starts to mellow out by the time they actually get into Nohr (which is why Camilla and Leo survive).
They're more vengeful definitely, but I would not say they're anywhere close to Oboro or C!Takumi. Corrin spares Silas as soon as the latter explains himself in Chapter 7, they spare Zola for less two chapters later, and of course they spares their siblings and their retainers whenever possible. Corrin never really loses their compassion regardless of which part of the game they're in, they still are willing to extend their hand of friendship whenever possible and do not kill unless needed.

D

Deleted member

I also hope it has Marth, Roy, and Ike from Super Smash Bros as guest characters like the last game. :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I also hope it has Marth, Roy, and Ike from Super Smash Bros as guest characters like the last game. :troll:
Fun fact: when Awakening got its first Japanese trailer, IGN posted the video on youtube with the description: "Roy and Marth are back in an all new Fire Emblem game."

KMDP

Smash Legend
Let's "Cowboy Bebop at his Computer" some Fire Emblem:
"Fire Emblem started with Fire Emblem: Light Lizard and the Knife of Darkness on the NES; the main character, Marth, debuted in Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube. Marth's adventures start when his father, Roy, disappears and Marth uncovers a conspiracy involving the racial ties between Beast and Man."
Here's what I could find about what the other characters say about Silas joining them:

Nothing is said about killing him, and in fact Kaze implies the opposite by saying leaving him to die is not the Hoshidan way. Additionally, Saizo being wary of him is justified as they are in war and they have no reason to trust him other then Corrin's word, which means little to him so of course he doesn't care about Silas.

As for the "we shouldn't leave a single Nohrian alive", I'm skimming through the script right now so I may come across it, though as of right now I'm not seeing anything of that yet.

They're more vengeful definitely, but I would not say they're anywhere close to Oboro or C!Takumi. Corrin spares Silas as soon as the latter explains himself in Chapter 7, they spare Zola for less two chapters later, and of course they spares their siblings and their retainers whenever possible. Corrin never really loses their compassion regardless of which part of the game they're in, they still are willing to extend their hand of friendship whenever possible and do not kill unless needed.
Hmm, fair enough, it's been a while since I played Birthright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom