• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I really want Brave to be revealed honestly

I just want off this wild ride

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
The only reason I'll ever unironically main a FE rep would be if either:

1. Hector and/or Ephraim would be playable or;
  2. Alm is playable and Celica is an Echo of Robin.
Otherwise, I'll pick Simon, thank you very much.

D

Deleted member

end this torment of hope
i want it to be revealed and turn out not to be an se rep and instead be a first party and not just any first party but motherfrikin elma so i can just hop off the speculation train and let it choo-choo past me and back into the neverending darkness of the se rep tunnel

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
fire emblem really is in its own technological drought

like seriously awakening is gajillions of years after marth's already balistae era of roman weapons

how the **** have they not been introduced to gunpowder yet, magic wont get you everywhere

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
No it also suffers from just bad writing. The Japanese country is literally so pure there's a magical peace generating forcefield and everyone is so kind and loving. Meanwhile Nohr, the western country, is bad and icky
My point is stretching the story 3 ways cut out any chance for ambiguity or shades of grey. Making the blatantly western nation the aggressor was a bad move for a series with growing western popularity though.

And it's also pretty ironic given Fire Emblem itself is basically Medival Europe through a Japanese lens.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i want it to be released and turn out not to be an se rep and instead be a first party and not just any first party but motherfrikin elma so i can just hop off the speculation train and let it choo-choo past me and back into the se rep tunnel
THE WIND BLOWS HARD IN FEBRUARY

osby

Smash Obsessed

like seriously awakening is gajillions of years after marth's already balistae era of roman weapons

how the **** have they not been introduced to gunpowder yet, magic wont get you everywhere
Maybe there's no sulfur or potassium nitrate in the FE world?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
we've only been two months into the year chill out with the whole "direct drought!!!" stuff, it's happened before and will happen again in the future
I'm not sure what 2 months into the new year matters when the last time we got any information was 5 1/2 months ago, and then information for games like Fire Emblem, at all, has been roughly 8 months.

There's nothing wrong with criticizing the lack of information on certain titles. At least, I don't see the problem. Sure, it's happened before and could be worse. All i'm saying is that it's been a handful of months, and I want more information because I'm excited for their content.

They're leaving me hanging with good stuff, and then nothing for...quite the amount of time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

It's mostly speculation but many believe that Grima's first rise to power/The Schism that gave rise to the First Exalt was an event that effectively halted technological progress for a good long while.

D

Deleted member

THE WIND BLOWS HARD IN FEBRUARY
elma will be revealed at vga 2019 because of sakurai's innate need to make an uncontrollable reference thus leaving me in a train full of "guys sora can still be the se rep"

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Maybe there's no sulfur or potassium nitrate in the FE world?
well asking "hey gods of whatever religion this continent believes right now can we get some sulfur so i can blow up people" wont do anything

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
i want it to be released and turn out not to be an se rep and instead be a first party and not just any first party but motherfrikin elma so i can just hop off the speculation train and let it choo-choo past me and back into the neverending darkness of the se rep tunnel
Dude if that happened it would be the best (close to) Valentine’s Day gift ever

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Or the game rating. I mean, gunpowder weaponry would make it go to Teen at least, right?
oh yeah, stabbing and slashing people to literal death is ok, but shooting people is a no no

FIRE EMBLEM IS ALREADY A T-RATED SERIES

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
No it also suffers from just bad writing. The Japanese country is literally so pure there's a magical peace generating forcefield and everyone is so kind and loving. Meanwhile Nohr, the western country, is bad and icky
I've played all three games and this is the first I'm hearing of a "peace-generating force-field".

I don't know, maybe I missed it.

It's true that it's super weird how the "good place" is "basically Japan" while the "bad place" is "generic European country", but that ignores the fact that "Japan" is super xenophobic (all the chapters are rout missions in Birthright for a reason beyond just gameplay) and the "Europeans" are mostly just good people trying to get by in a bad situation (besides "Garon", Iago and the other major villains).

Granted, it's still got massive holes in the writing.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wonder how muskets would work in FE's weapon system.

I'm thinking super effective against the whole triangle with an extra bonus on flying units but with low accuracy and can only attack every second turn.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We’ve gone from Kid Icarus talk to Fire Emblem and Isabelle talk...a good talking day

Roberk

Smash Champion

It's a world where gods have physical, perceivable influence through stuff like magic. Maybe the people become complacent and don't have the need to innovate to survive. We can see this in Shadows of Valentia, where people were spoiled by Mila and didn't feel the "need" to work. The opposite has an effect as well, God-like tyrants like Duma have too much control over the people and they don't have the freedom to live for themselves and advance society.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's a world where gods have physical, perceivable influence through stuff like magic. Maybe the people become complacent and don't have the need to innovate to survive. We can see this in Shadows of Valentia, where people were spoiled by Mila and didn't feel the "need" to work. The opposite has an effect as well, God-like tyrants like Duma have too much control over the people and they don't have the freedom to live for themselves and advance society.
**** that

21 savage and his redcoats for fire emblem comin in with the strap as the atheist group

D

Deleted member

Oh word. NO.

Soccer Guy: Hey, so, I’m just gonna say stuff?
Audio Guy: Ye.
Soccer Guy: Ok, here I- BLEGHHHHHHHH!
Audio Guy: That was perfect! Now do it with a little more shock!
RUF RUF RUF

EOOOOOOOOOOOEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEOYGH
RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUF

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As well, it's important to note that the use of ballistae wasn't sustainable in Marth's time. It's stated in Kris's conversations with Beck that the oil needed to operate a ballista was in incredibly short supply, and it was currently all taken and used by the Archanean Empire. That's actually the in-universe reason as to why there are no player-controlled ballista units in FE3/FE12, and why Beck and Jake got reclassed in New Mystery.

So it's kind of implied that they started using ballistae much earlier than they normally should've, since using them relied on a magic fruit's oil instead of, well, actually building a ballista that functions.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Is there a difference between waifus & romantic subplots? Husbandos/Waifus I always thought were just lingo for one's favorite male/female anime character.

I agree they both have technically existed in every game but I'm not sure if I would call them one and same. I generally stay on the outskirts of the anime community so please correct me if I have the terms wrong.
For the sake of the argument, we're defining "waifu" as a female character who the player becomes attracted or attached to in one way or another. In this case, romantic subplots are a prominent way of doing so, even if it is just ship-teasing.
Obvious answer is "every girl is the best girl".
So then what universal criteria makes it so that every girl is best girl? Is "best girl" a subjective moniker? If so, then what is it that makes it subjective? What is subjectivity in of itself?
Seriously osby don't keep going because all Socrates does is question people and then launch into long monologues that don't make sense, and I don't have the time for that.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So what if-- hear me out on this-- we get a Direct on Valentine's Day.

And to coincide with the holiday-- which is Valentine's Day-- they reveal none other than...

Eh? Eh??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom