• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Didn't FEFates have like 75% of it's story scrapped? It REALLY should have been better so we'd have a morally grey conflict but instead we got "JAPAN IS AMAZING EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS" and "A dragon did it because eh, there's 5 minutes left of today's shift and I don't feel like working on the story anymore"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I loved the Fateswakening artstyle when done in 3D animation, but I don't like it in 2D.

just aint my thang
I think it works for some characters, but not for others. It's weird in a way. Weirdly I think the best example are two characters who aren't even from Fates or Awakening.

The Kozaki portraits for Marth and Ike in Fates. I think Marth looks fine in the art style, but something rubs me the wrong way about how Ike looks.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Haha, they are very funny.

Bootleg toys are the best.
The memories
What a fantastic way to end this garbage of a week:
Getting almost all of Smashboards against me because of some Kid Icarus fanboys mad towards me for not playing their game.
well technically you’re starting off the week in a “bad” way
I just want Kid Icarus to not feel kind of dead, honestly.
It’s like the Mother series, concluded...but **** it make more games instead of ending on a positive enough note
On the topic of Uprising:

I...don't really like it all that much. It had potential, but was on the wrong system: The control-scheme of that game on the 3DS was horrible IMO, and that really does hurt the game for me. It's a game I want to really like, but is honestly held back by the system it's on. Just feels really clunky.
You just gotta power though the controls to enjoy the game. Same with games like Resident Evil
Just be glad they're not making you eat floor ice cream.
Can’t believe we didn’t think to do that
Hades was a trash villain.
A385AF9F-E063-4669-83EB-832B1D98FDFA.gif
...u wrong
For just one 3DS game, KIU gets hell of a top billing in Smash.
yeah...but it wouldn’t hurt me if they were to add even more things to be billed
I just want a Switch port of Uprising with better multiplayer servers and controls that aren’t murder on your hands

Or won’t destroy your circle pad
The multiplayer is already good...how much better could it possibly get?
i mean tbh rail shooters aren't common anymore and nintendo never really had a staple

kid icarus kinda does that in that regard

kinda surprised there aren't other studios interested in rebooting old old franchises. like, retro studios kinda made its name through **** like Prime and DKCR, you'd expect other retro reboots
Kid Icarus + Retro Studios = Why hasn’t this happened
Kid Icarus + Platinum Games = Why hasn’t this happened
Kid Icarus + Platinum and Retro = ****ing YES

Now that’s how we kick off the Nintendo Rail Shooter genre and Retro Reboots even further
you are acting like Kid Icarus fandom killed your dog
well technically we did...three times
8E843F59-E0C9-43DF-8614-0C61F1BE2051.png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"A dragon did it because eh, there's 5 minutes left of today's shift and I don't feel like working on the story anymore"
i mean is that any better than hyping up a big bad dragon final boss fight but then they have less character and screentime than a cardboard cutout

D

Deleted member

papagenos papagenos please forgive me for that post I thought it looked like a laxchris video because the thumbnail looked like another one of his vids

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
papagenos papagenos please forgive me for that post I thought it looked like a laxchris video because the thumbnail looked like another one of his vids
Even if it was a Laxchris video, what would you have gained from sharing it here? If you hate Laxchris content, why go to those lengths to publicize it? That just rewards him with more views.

If you dislike Laxchris content, it makes zero sense to share Laxchris content.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Haha nothing really, just quoting one of his victory animations.
It's super ****ing weird that his voice is higher pitched when he says that.

Was his voice supposed to be higher and then Nintendo was like "ay get more matt mercer jotaro-like"

KMDP

Smash Legend
i mean is that any better than hyping up a big bad dragon final boss fight but then they have less character and screentime than a cardboard cutout
You just described literally every Fire Emblem final boss.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
On the bright side of these Direct shenanigans, if the rumor or the 13th is accurate, we'll know by tomorrow morning.

I'm placing my bets on "Not happening", personally. I'm feeling like our next General is in March.
we'd find out on the 12th, no?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

He says it when he beats characters related to darkness. One of the more specific victory quotes out there.
ok but why does he just say "the darkness", does evil not know the words "i", "vanquish", and "the"?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Even if it was a Laxchris video, what would you have gained from sharing it here? If you hate Laxchris content, why go to those lengths to publicize it? That just rewards him with more views.

If you dislike Laxchris content, it makes zero sense to share Laxchris content.
But Opossum Youtube taught me that if you hate something you should keep generating more buzz about it constantly and buying the product you hate to own and destroy the corporations that make money off of it

D

Deleted member

we'd find out on the 12th, no?
Depends on how many days in advance they announce it.

They've announced Directs a couple days in advance in the past. Probably should have worded my post a little better, but honestly I just remain skeptical regardless.

D

Deleted member

Omg why has nobody here shown this yet?!

Video redacted

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
But Opossum Youtube taught me that if you hate something you should keep generating more buzz about it constantly and buying the product you hate to own and destroy the corporations that make money off of it
Buy all of the product so nobody else can.

That'll show those dastardly corporations!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

He says it when he beats characters related to darkness. One of the more specific victory quotes out there.
Japan did the special quote better...he actually says more than “The Darkness”, which is weird to say alone

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In Pixar's new short, it had a swear word. Hearing a tiny, cute cartoon character say "#$@" made my day.
It's because it's under their Sparkshorts branding. It's basically their program for up and coming animators and such, almost like Pixar-funded indie shorts. They get more creative leeway, hence why Purl has both ass and prick in it. :p

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's because it's under their Sparkshorts branding. It's basically their program for up and coming animators and such, almost like Pixar-funded indie shorts. They get more creative leeway, hence why Purl has both *** and prick in it. :p
I didn't know it was indie...sorta? So, its basically new Pixar animators...?

And the porcupine joke as well. Definitely didn’t expect that.
Me neither. I didn't even see the whole thing. Just the #$@ part, and I heard about the porcupine joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom