• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Then how are they supposed to know if people actually like the game they made or not. Sales number's don't tell you how many people hated the game 5 minutes after playing and threw it away. Or who sold it back a few days later because it didn't satisfy them. Sales numbers don't tell you how succesful you're game is. They tell you how successful you're marketing campaign was.
Nintendo is a company. They could care less if everyone was mad as long as the game is selling, which it was and I guarantee still is thanks to the evergreen status of Nintendo's big franchises like Kirby.

Also, plenty of people liked Star Allies. Negativity is always louder than positivity, because people who are happy are less likely to go to the internet than people who are mad. They're too busy playing the actual game.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
for Aces unless you like just playing tennis matches over and over again (with the online you're PAYING for) there isn't much to actually do.
Excuse me, but if you don’t want to play tennis over and over again, why would you buy a tennis game? What else do you expect them to put in it?

Also, as an easy multiplayer experience to get my sister into gaming, Kirby Star Allies was really great.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Giant Donkey Kong
  2. Giant Palutena
  3. ???
You were this close, Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

I think they're probably gonna add more bosses and maybe a boss rush mode as DLC.

Porky's spirit and boss battle are M.I.A, and he's not gonna be a DLC fighter, so being added as a boss seems like his only option.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Porky's spirit and boss battle are M.I.A, and he's not gonna be a DLC fighter so being added as a boss seems like his only option.
how do you come to this conclusion

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Porky's spirit and boss battle are M.I.A, and he's not gonna be a DLC fighter, so being added as a boss seems like his only option.
*no Porky at all*

There's always a third option, ask Smash 4 Isaac.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

TBH a lot of the anger Star Allies received was from people who thought it was gonna be Kirby's Breath of the Wild: Huge, ambitious, and mind blowing! A true platforming masterpiece for the hardcore gamer!

Conveniently forgetting Kirby's target demographic and any previous games in its series. They're cute platformers designed to be accessible for children, they're not gonna challenge your gamer prowess and make you push yourself to the limit, lol.

I also really like how people get mad about its frame rate and say that makes SA garbage, yet also say BotW is GOAT in the same sentence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
People were saying we need three more bosses.

Jigglypuff and Bayonetta has giant :ultdk::ultpalutena: as bosses. If one more character had a boss fight like that, there would be three more bosses than regular ones. That's the joke.
What? I still don't get it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think the DLC will be all 3rd parties, and even if they weren't, Nintendo would have nothing to gain from adding Porky in Smash, he's from a dead series.
Okay, but then why he should be a boss?

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Because I feel very defeated with nobody listening me and raising so many middle fingers at me!
I'm just going to read your post in Bob's voice from SMG4 for my own personal enjoyment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
tbh everyone didnt like star allies until adeleine came back /s
I actually agree with that. Like, Star Allies was just there to me...and then they revealed Adeleine and now I really need that game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think the DLC will be all 3rd parties, and even if they weren't, Nintendo would have nothing to gain from adding Porky in Smash, he's from a dead series.
well

1. it isn't dead, it's finished. dead is implying mother had the chance to get another game in the first place
2. you don't need anything to gain. what does nintendo gain from adding a character like Joker or Snake? they certainly aren't showing up on nintendo consoles, and it took :ultcloud: five years since his reveal for FFVII to even happen on the switch

D

Deleted member

TBH a lot of the anger Star Allies received was from people who thought it was gonna be Kirby's Breath of the Wild: Huge, ambitious, and mind blowing! A true platforming masterpiece for the hardcore gamer!

Conveniently forgetting Kirby's target demographic and any previous games in its series. They're cute platformers designed to be accessible for children, they're not gonna challenge your gamer prowess and make you push yourself to the limit, lol.

I also really like how people get mad about its frame rate and say that makes SA garbage, yet also say BotW is GOAT in the same sentence.
Kirby Star Allies had literally NO ambition, however. It was just the previous three Kirby games, nut with all the creativity stripped away, and a lack of content. Not to mention: Escargoon was once again absent.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Kirby Star Allies had literally NO ambition, however. It was just the previous three Kirby games, nut with all the creativity stripped away, and a lack of content. Not to mention: Escargoon was once again absent.
Escagoon’s an anime only character tho

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I have literally never seen anyone expect that from Star Allies nor have I seen anger at it, all I saw was "It's a huge step down after Robobot, easy even for Kirby standards and just a lack of content". Of course, the bonus DLC helped this with the Dream Friends getting more unique playthroughs in Guest Star with their own puzzles and Heroes From Another Dimension helping. An even higher Ultimate Choice difficulty setting didn't hurt either

D

Deleted member

well

1. it isn't dead, it's finished. dead is implying mother had the chance to get another game in the first place
2. you don't need anything to gain. what does nintendo gain from adding a character like Joker or Snake? they certainly aren't showing up on nintendo consoles, and it took :ultcloud: five years since his reveal for FFVII to even happen on the switch
I think Nintendo chose Joker due to pure hype. I'm sorry, but there's no way Porky would even come CLOSE to generating as much hype as that. Snake was added in Brawl per request of Kojima, and returned in Ultimate due to, once again: the hype.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think Nintendo chose Joker due to pure hype. I'm sorry, but there's no way Porky would even come CLOSE to generating as much hype as that. Snake was added in Brawl per request of Kojima, and returned in Ultimate due to, once again: the hype.
aw **** you're right

i remember when :ultwiifittrainer::ultduckhunt: was so hype it shook the foundation of the earth

and who could forget :ultcorrin:? universal praise.

D

Deleted member

TBH Every Kirby game ever is the exact same thing with a gimmick thrown in. If you like and play Kirby games, you kind of have to accept that. Escargoon isn't even a video game character and only appeared once as a cameo.

Also, bold to assume there was no ambition in a title you didn't work on nor did you communicate with any developers or know their feelings on the matter.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
You underestimate the P O W E R...O F...M O T H E R...3 ! ! !

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

aw **** you're right

i remember when :ultwiifittrainer::ultduckhunt: was so hype it shook the foundation of the earth

and who could forget :ultcorrin:? universal praise.
Sakurai chose Duck Hunt and Wii Fit, no Nintendo.

Borrin(I mean Corrin) Because Nintendo wanted to advertise their new weeb game

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Speaking of Uprising, as a slight personal shill, I'd recommend fans of it check out Popful Mail for the Sega CD.

It's a tough action platformer, but the ambitious presentation and the in-game ability to use save states more than make it worth a playthrough. Mail herself is one of the best female protagonists I've encountered. The English version of the game was brought over by Working Designs and it feels in many ways ahead of it's time in terms of it's localization. For a game released before the PS1 & Saturn it has 20 minutes of anime cutscenes, 2+ hours of voiced dialogue from professional VAs, and lots of 4th Wall jokes. There's also small bonus content for speed runners.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/popful-mail/
http://www.sega-16.com/2004/06/popful-mail/

It's a rare game now, but it's also pretty easy to just burn a copy with a blank CD. There is a SNES version, but it hasn't been translated.

Attachments

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

nintendo didn't force sakurai to choose from a list of only 5 characters tho

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Speaking of Uprising, as a slight personal shill, I'd recommend fans of it check out Popful Mail for the Sega CD.

It's a tough action platformer, but the ambitious presentation and the in-game ability to use save states more than make it worth a playthrough. Mail herself is one of the best female protagonists I've encountered. The English version of the game was brought over by Working Designs and it feels in many ways ahead of it's time in terms of it's localization. For a game released before the PS1 & Saturn it has 20 minutes of anime cutscenes, 2+ hours of voiced dialogue from professional VAs, and lots of 4th Wall jokes. There's also small bonus content for speed runners.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/popful-mail/
http://www.sega-16.com/2004/06/popful-mail/

It's a rare game now, but it's also pretty easy to just burn a copy with a blank CD. There is a SNES version, but it hasn't been translated.

Is that Wizard Marth?

D

Deleted member

*Calls FE a weeb game when 90% of the whole cast originate from games made in Japan and have had anime aesthetics before*

c744174b5e85827ed34744f84b68fec87a7e705ar1-332-187v2_00.jpg

Remember everyone, Corrin stole [INSERT 90S NOSTALGIA CHARACTER BARELY ANYONE REMEMBERS]'s slot.

D

Deleted member

TBH Every Kirby game ever is the exact same thing with a gimmick thrown in. If you like and play Kirby games, you kind of have to accept that. Escargoon isn't even a video game character and only appeared once as a cameo.

Also, bold to assume there was no ambition in a title you didn't work on nor did you communicate with any developers or know their feelings on the matter.
Escargoon is the most iconic character of them all, don't diss. Anyway's, I don't have to work on a game to know that there was no ambition. That's like saying I wouldn't be able to tell if a game were good or bad because I didn't publish it. While Triple Deluxe and Robobot did rely on gimmicks, the gimmicks felt inspired, and both games can stand on their own. Kirby Star Allies just misses the mark when it comes to creativity. The gimmick is kinda boring (and the game is better if you don't use it), it has no interesting story like Robobot, It's just "Kirby Again". It's like New Super Mario Bruddas, not bad games by any means, but they don't have anything more that "solid enough gameplay".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom