• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

On the bright side of these Direct shenanigans, if the rumor or the 13th is accurate, we'll know by tomorrow morning.

I'm placing my bets on "Not happening", personally. I'm feeling like our next General is in March.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Really though? March? Do they WANT to have a worse year than 2018?
How would that make it a worse year? All a Direct is is an advertisement. The games are still coming regardless of when they get shown off.

And numbers would beg to differ on 2018 being a "bad year".

Last edited by a moderator:

Graizen

Smash Champion
On the bright side of these Direct shenanigans, if the rumor or the 13th is accurate, we'll know by tomorrow morning.

I'm placing my bets on "Not happening", personally. I'm feeling like our next General is in March.
I just think it's real thanks to the guy that said it.
He got everything right in the past, don't think he would like to have something wrong now for no reason.

D

Deleted member

I just think it's real thanks to the guy that said it.
He got everything right in the past, don't think he would like to have something wrong now for no reason.
People can make mistakes, you know.
Even if they don’t want to.

Just don’t see the idea of a Direct on February 13th as a complete fact, to prevent any dissapointment.

D

Deleted member

On the topic of Uprising:

I...don't really like it all that much. It had potential, but was on the wrong system: The control-scheme of that game on the 3DS was horrible IMO, and that really does hurt the game for me. It's a game I want to really like, but is honestly held back by the system it's on. Just feels really clunky.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I...don't really like it all that much. It had potential, but was on the wrong system: The control-scheme of that game on the 3DS was horrible IMO, and that really does hurt the game for me. It's a game I want to really like, but is honestly held back by the system it's on. Just feels really clunky.
I have heard some complaints about the controls, but they never bugged me, honestly.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Hello everyone! I'm back (And I doubt anyone cares)!

Well with a Nintendo Direct possibly coming on the 13th!

I want you all to show of hands!

How many here believe that no information for Ultimate will be announced? Or believe that the announcement will likely be that all the DLC is canceled and that the base game will stay the way it is!

As the last thing we all need is more unnecessary/overpriced junk in the game!

Then again! That's just me being horrifically disappointed after being given so many middle fingers from Nintendo themselves and having my idea's thrown in the garbage!

However! If the sill have more DLC planned!

The only thing we all possibly have to look forward is the small possibility of getting some alternate costumes for other characters (If it's Nintendo themselves deciding what we get in the game and not Sakurai)!

And that's all I have to say right now! Really not looking forward to the DLC newcomers and I still won't give Ultimate a chance as sad as it sounds!

Have a good day and God bless you all!

D

Deleted member

Both would lose to Kirby so eh.
Mario and Kirby, in my opinion are equals. Mario is physically the strongest character in Nintendo history, AND he can possess the bodies of the living, AND he can travel faster than Samus' missiles, AND he straight up tossed a whole dinosaur. Mario, Kirby and Bayonetta are the 3 most broken characters in Nintendo (does Bayo even count as nintendo? IDFK)

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I wonder why there are so few users here right now. Are time zone shenanigans at play?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

We won't know tomorrow... at all.

They usually announce the Direct literally a day before which if it takes place on the 13th we'll know about it on the 12th if we get the announcement on the 13th we'll get the Direct on the 14th which is a Thursday which is their usual day. Either way both of those outcomes are far from "tomorrow morning".

And, yeah, if they wait till March they're making a big mistake.

Alternis

NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
NineS NineS But...why are Palutena and the crew aware of the experinces in smash? I dont think it is stated in Uprising...
I think it's implied because in Uprising there's no fourth wall. Hence, they might have that same "ability" in other games. I'm not sure, tbh.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I have heard some complaints about the controls, but they never bugged me, honestly.
Same here. I would get more cramps playing games like Mario Kart 7 than I did with Uprising or Metroid Prime Hunters.

What a fantastic way to end this garbage of a week:
Getting almost all of Smashboards against me because of some Kid Icarus fanboys mad towards me for not playing their game.
Just be glad they're not making you eat floor ice cream.

Alternis

NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
As a member of almost 5 years I’m pretty sure that has something to do with it being a weekend. It’s always slow on weekends.
Huh. I guess I just expected the opposite.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Seriously though. They need to continue the series on Switch or something.

D

Deleted member

We won't know tomorrow... at all.

They usually announce the Direct literally a day before which if it takes place on the 13th we'll know about it on the 12th if we get the announcement on the 13th we'll get the Direct on the 14th which is a Thursday which is their usual day. Either way both of those outcomes are far from "tomorrow morning".

And, yeah, if they wait till March they're making a big mistake.
This is an assumption the Direct is on the 13th. Directs have been announced two-to-one day(s) in advance in the past. There really aren't hard rules with Directs, they change things all the time.

How would doing it in March be a mistake? A Direct taking place in March has no bearing on how well the system will sell when the games that will make it sell are still coming this year. Only people who care about Directs are hardcore Nintendo fans, and they'll watch no matter when it happens.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hello everyone! I'm back (And I doubt anyone cares)!

Well with a Nintendo Direct possibly coming on the 13th!

I want you all to show of hands!

How many here believe that no information for Ultimate will be announced? Or believe that the announcement will likely be that all the DLC is canceled and that the base game will stay the way it is!

As the last thing we all need is more unnecessary/overpriced junk in the game!

Then again! That's just me being horrifically disappointed after being given so many middle fingers from Nintendo themselves and having my idea's thrown in the garbage!

However! If the sill have more DLC planned!

The only thing we all possibly have to look forward is the small possibility of getting some alternate costumes for other characters (If it's Nintendo themselves deciding what we get in the game and not Sakurai)!

And that's all I have to say right now! Really not looking forward to the DLC newcomers and I still won't give Ultimate a chance as sad as it sounds!

Have a good day and God bless you all!
Wait. What? How does THIS happen?

D

Deleted member

For just one 3DS game, KIU gets hell of a top billing in Smash.
SAKURAI BIAS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just want a Switch port of Uprising with better multiplayer servers and controls that aren’t murder on your hands

Or won’t destroy your circle pad

D

Deleted member

They were talking about Nintendo's sales, not you. Hence, "numbers".

What a constructive and well-thought argument.
Thanks. I'll add it to my collection of good arguments alongside other classics such as: "Hat Goomba" and "Sakurai Hates Waluigi"

Alternis

NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
This is an assumption the Direct is on the 13th. Directs have been announced two-to-one day(s) in advance in the past. There really aren't hard rules with Directs, they change things all the time.

How would doing it in March be a mistake? A Direct taking place in March has no bearing on how well the system will sell when the games that will make it sell are still coming this year. Only people who care about Directs are hardcore Nintendo fans, and they'll watch no matter when it happens.
The sooner we know about those games, the better. While March is certainly a possibility, it wouldn't hurt to release some info sooner.

Though they're definitely holding stuff back for E3.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just want a Switch port of Uprising with better multiplayer servers and controls that aren’t murder on your hands

Or won’t destroy your circle pad
Kid Icarus Uprising is short, even for a 3DS game. If it's coming back, it better be only like 30 bucks

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
SAKURAI BIAS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
-COLAAAAA!!

You doing ok?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They were talking about Nintendo's sales, not you. Hence, "numbers".

What a constructive and well-thought argument.
You do have to take into account public opinion in order to determine success, as it could have a detrimental effect on performance in the future. A lot of people were upset by the lack of big titles and heavy amount of Wii U ports. Not to mention the shakey quality of Star Allies, Aces, and Let's Go!.

The sooner we know about those games, the better. While March is certainly a possibility, it wouldn't hurt to release some info sooner.

I don't think we'll get any Smash DLC reveals at E3. They'll use them to bolster other directs in the year. So the Febru-March-y direct and anything post E3.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I agree that it would be nice to see things sooner, but it would hardly be a detriment.

Pokemon and AC are going to sell millions of software and hardware units regardless of when they're shown off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom