• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's like how persona handles Q2 and the Dancing spin-offs.
In those games, the characters experience it all, and it actually happens in-canon, but their memories are wiped so they don't know it happened.

In kid icarus, it's the reverse.
the characters experience it all, but it doesn't actually happen in-canon, however they keep their memories of it.
Odd...certainly interesting, though!
And that’s why Palutena thought “Super Smash Bros” was “Super Bash Sisters”

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't bother tying to wrap my head around Kid Icarus's canon. That game doesn't take itself seriously in the slightest.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I remember Sakurai said something about not being able to port Uprising to the Switch. I honestly think that is PR talk, the real reason is because they want to keep Uprising as a 3DS exclusive.

D

Deleted member

I would love to see that the Direct rumour is true...
But sadly, this week took out of me a lot of hopes in general. I don’t want to believe that we will get it to prevent yet another dissapointment.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I wouldn't bother tying to wrap my head around Kid Icarus's canon. That game doesn't take itself seriously in the slightest.
I mean, just because it's self aware doesn't mean Kid Icarus's canon is complex. Pit is like the Deadpool of Video Games. 4th wall doesn't exist for him and his extended cast.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I remember Sakurai said something about not being able to port Uprising to the Switch. I honestly think that is PR talk, the real reason is because they want to keep Uprising as a 3DS exclusive.
I think he doesn't like working on the exact same games as before. That's why we got Brawl instead of Melee for Wii.

D

Deleted member

I mean, just because it's self aware doesn't mean Kid Icarus's canon is complex. Pit is like the Deadpool of Video Games. 4th wall doesn't exist for him and his extended cast.
I know. It's because of that fact I don't take it seriously. Any reference to other games outside of it I see as purely for gags.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
He was saying it’s impossible due to most of the people who worked on the game being from different 3rd party companies
Wait....If they know they are in a game, is their canon appearance just their models used in kid icarus? :p
Woah

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Why would they care about keeping a 7 year-old game exclusive to an 8 year-old device? Especially after all the other games they ported to Switch?

As someone mostly unfamiliar with Uprising, I'd hazard a guess it has more to do with the game's control scheme. The Switch doesn't have dual screen capabilities, and its touchscreen is only available in handheld mode, so porting 3DS games to it would require a lot of reworking to get right, and probably isn't worth it from a business standpoint.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Hmm, Kid Icarus discussion, huh?
Once again, I don't have much to add to this conversation because I never played any Kid Icarus game, and I virtually know nothing about it, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So have you guys seen that one video of NA Open event where the match lagged to the point where Nintendo had to cut it out of the stream and had to (poorly explain) the lag?

I'm asking because people are going insane about it on Reddit, but I haven't seen much buzz around here.

D

Deleted member

I'd be up for a Switch sequel/port of Uprising for sure. The game was awesome, and only really inhibited by it's control scheme.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of Kid Icarus, it's got me wondering about villains in Smash (using it in the broadest possible sense so don't give me the full "actually an anti-hero" speech)

Mario has Bowser, nepotism and a minion
DK has the King
Zelda has the guy I kept accidentally calling Gandalf when I was a kid and driving my friends bananas
Metroid has Ridley and Dark Samus
Kirby has Meta Knight and THE King
Star Fox has Star Wolf
Pokemon has Mewtwo (Basically Final Boss of Gen 1) and Greninja (Dark Type, told you it was broad definition)

It seems like most of the bigger ones are covered except Yoshi who is doomed to be set up against baby Bowser for all eternity even when he got rid of Baby Mario and Fire Emblem who only has only Sword wielding lords and Robin (Tactician instead of lord)

Which brings me to my point, Kid Icarus's closest thing to a villain is Dark Pit who because Angel Boy is too pure, is really more slightly-grouchy-with-independent-streak Pit. Uprising had so many factions it's hard to say who would be a more definite villain in Smash.

Medusa is Palutena's dark counterpart but is a red herring in Uprising.
Viridi is antagonist for most of the second act but is part of the Guaidance system in Smash
And then there's Hades who seems more suited for a Boss role with his powers.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pokemon has Mewtwo (Basically Final Boss of Gen 1) and Greninja (Dark Type, told you it was broad definition)
Why no love for :ultincineroar:?

It seems like most of the bigger ones are covered except Yoshi who is doomed to be set up against baby Bowser for all eternity even when he got rid of Baby Mario and Fire Emblem who only has only Sword wielding lords and Robin (Tactician instead of lord).
:ultike::ultcorrin::ultcorrinf: aren't Lords.

Which brings me to my point, Kid Icarus's closest thing to a villain is Dark Pit who because Angel Boy is too pure, is really more slightly-grouchy-with-independent-streak Pit. Uprising had so many factions it's hard to say who would be a more definite villain in Smash.

Viridi is antagonist for most of the second act but is part of the Guaidance system in Smash
If Wolf and Mewtwo can fill in for Andross and Team Whatever, I don't see a reason for adding a definitive villain from Uprising as a playable character. Hypothetically, both Medusa and Hades would be good choices, imo.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I would love to see that the Direct rumour is true...
But sadly, this week took out of me a lot of hopes in general. I don’t want to believe that we will get it to prevent yet another dissapointment.
Honestly I want it to be fake despite thinking it's real because of my backlog. Here I thought I'd tackle MGSV Ground Zeroes today but I'm instead putting myself in idol hell

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of Kid Icarus, it's got me wondering about villains in Smash (using it in the broadest possible sense so don't give me the full "actually an anti-hero" speech)

DK has the King
Zelda has the guy I kept accidentally calling Gandalf when I was a kid and driving my friends bananas
Star Fox has Star Wolf

It seems like most of the bigger ones are covered except Yoshi who is doomed to be set up against baby Bowser for all eternity even when he got rid of Baby Mario and Fire Emblem who only has only Sword wielding lords and Robin (Tactician instead of lord)

I’ve been asking for Medusa for a while. She could have even been a Palutena echo. Especially sense she was also the final boss in NES Kid Icarus. Viridi could be cool too.

And the ONLY Fire Emblem Character left that they should add is Medeus! Rise the Earth Dragon/Warlock!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
BuT aM i RiGhT? :p
You might be
Why would they care about keeping a 7 year-old game exclusive to an 8 year-old device? Especially after all the other games they ported to Switch?

As someone mostly unfamiliar with Uprising, I'd hazard a guess it has more to do with the game's control scheme. The Switch doesn't have dual screen capabilities, and its touchscreen is only available in handheld mode, so porting 3DS games to it would require a lot of reworking to get right, and probably isn't worth it from a business standpoint.
The most work needed could end up having the conversations set up the same way fe guidances are for Smash, while the right analog stick would work the same was as the Circle Pad Pro (aka aiming stuff) and the D-Pad could be used for selecting what powers to use...or they could just make a sequel

DK has the King
Star Fox has Star Wolf

Amazon Pandora for Smash...she isn’t known to be dead or be unreasonable, so yeah...put that hard working and determinate woman in the game
I’ve been asking for Medusa for a while. She could have even been a Palutena echo. Especially sense she was also the final boss in NES Kid Icarus.

And the ONLY Fire Emblem Character left that they should add is Medeus! Rise the Earth Dragon/Warlock!
Nah we need to represent the real villian of Kid Icarus...
Orcos
7462FF6D-3B85-4D29-83E5-62442D9E4A6E.png

osby

Smash Obsessed
Okay. Maybe not the ONLY one. But you can not deny Medeus would be cool. And completely different from every other Fire Emblem Smash Character. And another villain.
I'm not particularly interested in villains and I don't know how he'd fight, so it's hard for me to agree with you, sorry.

KMDP

Smash Legend

The touchscreen serves three functions:
  1. Control for the targeting system
  2. Place for the character's talk icons
  3. Button for the screen nuke attack.
These are the things that'd have to be reworked in the process of porting Uprising to the Switch.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, you guys should see the Splatoon reddit during a Splatfest.

...Or any given day at all, honestly. Topics usually range from:

-Memes
-"nIntINtEnDo HaS tEh BaD oNlInE, nEvEr GoNna sUbSuBeD aGaIn"
-Occasionally really good fan art with constructive and interesting comments

It's a happenin' place.

Graizen

Smash Champion
We are 6 months without new information about Digimon Survive.
And as you know the game will be released for Nintendo Switch in 2019.
We will have a Nintendo Direct this week, so I think we can get some news on the game on it,
and maybe Agumon will join Smash Bros.

digimonsurvive_logo_july21_2018.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom