• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Kid Icarus discussion
45D42A4E-96D2-49F9-96F0-80F8F863A8F8.jpeg

IDK I think Viridi's actually pretty popular

The guidances in 4 really helped, I remember with those I saw a lot of fans for her.

Echo Viridi when
Viridi is one of the few KI characters most people would accept joining Smash as a fighter instead of a ****
All this is because Starfire stopped voicing Viridi for what I assume to be union related reasons. **** NoA's anti union crap
It also could’ve been her decision to not come back (after all...Adventure Time was ending and Teen Titans had a major movie release, so Viridi probably couldn’t get any time). Thank goodness Pit is still Pit
You guys know she still has her original voice actress, right?

Don't forget :ultdiddy::ultdk:. She declared war on every single organism that consumes bananas.
1. Viridi was recasted (confirmed multiple times)
2. She also declared war on :ultisabelle::ultlink::ultlucas::ultmewtwo::ultpeach::ultsquirtle::ultchrom:
This whole debate happened just because a number of people want to force me to play Kid Icarus:Uprising.

Can I just choose on my own which games to play? Why you make the idea of playing a game I don’t want to look like something essential to breath?

Just let me decide what I play. I don’t want to play Uprising, and shoving its characters and jokes on my face won’t make me do so.
You will play Uprising and you will ****ing love it
Not really.
I also disliked the Lucas guidance and the attitude of the character in each one overall.

The K.Rool guidance was just the one who finally got me tired.
You need an IQ of Pit to understand the perfection of all Guidances

NineS

Smash Lord
Sometimes I think about how hard it must be for Palutena, knowing everything about video games and also she's in one herself. How can she sleep at nights?

...oh yeah, like a baby.
maybe that's why pit and palutena are always so cheerful, lax, and joking.
because like deadpool, it is their way of coping with the knowledge that their reality is but a facade, and they're puppets to creators they cannot make any sort of contact with, and even their own awareness of said fact is due to the fact their creator instilled the curse upon them.
the fact that their reality is an entire simulation, and their constant suffering and hardships is all to satisfy some greater being. some of them must find it pretty sickening, but they can't do anything about it, and neither can their creator.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Sometimes I think about how hard it must be for Palutena, knowing everything about video games and also she's in one herself. How can she sleep at nights?

...oh yeah, like a baby.
Wait, Palutena knows shes in a game? I always thought the 4th wall breaks were non-canon.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
you know this reminds me of that one kid icarus song
still think it should've been his victory theme
I need Pit to be singing this everytime he’s starting up a guidance convo...and I also need this to be an ideal animation for specifically him
No I ****ing won’t.
It’s the only way to cure your foolish ways

osby

Smash Obsessed
because like deadpool, it is their way of coping with the knowledge that their reality is but a facade, and they're puppets to creators they cannot make any sort of contact with, and even their own awareness of said fact is due to the fact their creator instilled the curse upon them.
I love "character act cheerful to hide their problems" trope, so...

NineS

Smash Lord
Wait, Palutena knows shes in a game? I always thought the 4th wall breaks were non-canon.
no, it's very much canon
everything is canon
even smash bros is canon to kid icarus to a degree.

but they know they're not allowed to make fourth wall breaks. viridi is constantly hushing everyone and reminding them not to break the fourth wall, as if to keep their knowledge of the fourth wall secret or not break the immersion of the game for the player.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Clearly the solution to all this is adding Kotaro Tatsumi, all of his attacks have him physically or emotionally abuse the cast of Smash
And then he forms an idol group out of Smash girls.

At least in Smash, she knows everything about every character and their games. In either case, that must be too much information for a sane person to handle.

...not that any god in Uprising is exactly sane.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
no, it's very much canon
everything is canon
even smash bros is canon to kid icarus to a degree.

but they know they're not allowed to make fourth wall breaks. viridi is constantly hushing everyone and reminding them not to break the fourth wall, as if to keep their knowledge of the fourth wall secret or not break the immersion of the game for the player.
Interesting...So, they are allowed to make their own choices and stuff (except pit I guess) but they know its a game?

NineS

Smash Lord
At least in Smash, she knows everything about every character and their games. In either case, that must be too much information for a sane person to handle.

...not that any god in Uprising is exactly sane.
A psychic like Mewtwo looking into their minds would be traumatic. The knowledge they old would probably break the mindreader's own mind or the mindreader's will to live.

Interesting...So, they are allowed to make their own choices and stuff (except pit I guess) but they know its a game?
They basically treat it like "I know it's a game, so i don't need to freak out too much. But it's still real to me, so I need to take it seriously anyway."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It’s the only way to cure your foolish ways
No it isn’t. I won’t pay for a game that doesn’t interest me in any form just to stop a random user in a forum from shoving that thing in my face as if it was the secret to eternal life.

It already happened to me with Doom 2016, which people loved to shove in my face the """fact""” that it was something close to the coming of Christ. And you know what happened when I got it? I was dissapointed. It just wasn’t the masterpiece people told me it was all the time, and I haven’t played it ever since.

So no, I won’t buy or play Uprising. I don’t want to see myself in another case like the Doom 2016 one.

NineS

Smash Lord
No it isn’t. I won’t pay for a game that doesn’t interest me in any form just to stop a random user in a forum from shoving that thing in my face as if it was the secret to eternal life.

It already happened to me with Doom 2016, which people loved to shove in my face the """fact""” that it was something close to the coming of Christ. And you know what happened when I got it? I was dissapointed. It just wasn’t the masterpiece people told me it was all the time, and I haven’t played it ever since.

So no, I won’t buy or play Uprising. I don’t want to see myself in another case like the Doom 2016 one.
but we're not saying it's a masterpiece
just that's it's a generally good and funny game and getting upset over a banana line is kind of
well, you get the idea.
it's kind of petty

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just a reminder that Kid Icarus is one of the few series that has a Smash apart of their canon (others being Bayonetta, Animal Crossing, Kirby, and maybe Fire Emblem/Street Fighter (for minor reasons)
the fact that their reality is an entire simulation, and their constant suffering and hardships is all to satisfy some greater being. some of them must find it pretty sickening, but they can't do anything about it, and neither can their creator.
Well Pit did have a midlife crisis when he realized he has a Link syndrome (aka multiple failed timelines) in the Young Link guidance, so it may not apply to him...but Palutena definitely has something going on (I mean, she only has one friend and was responsible for Medusa’s downfall...hide all that depression with an angel and broken walls). Smash needs to make that canon soon
as if it was the secret to eternal life.
It is though

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I could be wrong, but I think the lad was joking.
But I mean, if you don't wanna play the game I won't make you.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

You know, I think you're taking people here a bit too serious. Not to mention that considerong people are praising the writing, you could potentially just watch a let's play to understand why people like the writing and stuff. Only do it if you want to though

NineS

Smash Lord
Just a reminder that Kid Icarus is one of the few series that has a Smash apart of their canon (others being Bayonetta, Animal Crossing, Kirby, and maybe Fire Emblem/Street Fighter (for minor reasons)

Well Pit did have a midlife crisis when he realized he has a Link syndrome (aka multiple failed timelines) in the Young Link guidance, so it may not apply to him...but Palutena definitely has something going on (I mean, she only has one friend and was responsible for Medusa’s downfall...hide all that depression with an angel and broken walls). Smash needs to make that canon soon

It is though
You're right.
Pit is probably too dumb to realize that his reality isn't real. He hasn't connected the dots yet. He probably knows it's a game and that's that.
Meanwhile, Palutena probably realizes it's a game and reality is a lie, and tries to hide her fear or sorrow with cheer and jokes.

Probably, anyway.
She could just know all of this and just not really care.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
So, can we say Kid Icarus is the new Fire Emblem of this thread?

I think Pit still knows he's in a game. He's just not exactly aware of its implications.

NineS

Smash Lord
Only when Magnus, Phosphora, Viridi, Hades, and Medusa get in.
And they all wield different variations of Pit's bow.
And one of them has a spiking recovery.
And one of them shapeshifts mid-move for some attacks.

Also, cragalanche.

Eggplant wizard while you're at it.
Then people will be saying "We have too many Kid Icarus Characters! Obvious sakurai bias!"

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You're right.
Pit is probably too dumb to realize that his reality isn't real. He hasn't connected the dots yet. He probably knows it's a game and that's that.
Meanwhile, Palutena probably realizes it's a game and reality is a lie.

Probably, anyway.
Well, I mean, their reality is real...its just the player controls it.

People are using my gif! I feel proud!
You should be!

It is though
Those guidances are canon to their games? How so?

NineS

Smash Lord
Well, I mean, their reality is real...its just the player controls it.

You should be!

Their reality isn't real.
It's real to them, however. But it's really just a simulation.

The guidances are canon in general. Think of it like this: Everything that happens in smash, the Kid Icarus characters remember and are aware of. However, smash technically never happens. The guidances are canon to the characters of Kid icarus, but not the world of kid icarus.
The conversation they had about bananas and k. rool? Canon. Have they actually canonically encountered k. rool? No, not quite.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Something worth to note in regards to Deadpool is that he is a tragedy-behind-comedy character. He is a character who rejects a lot of the stuff he has done in the past, and gets affected emotionally and socially because of them.

I was dissapointed when I saw that the Deadpool game didn’t cover that part of the character, and just showed him as a clown and thoughtless character.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Their reality isn't real.
It's real to them, however. But it's really just a simulation.

The guidances are canon in general. Think of it like this: Everything that happens in smash, the Kid Icarus characters remember and are aware of. However, smash technically never happens. The guidances are canon to the characters of Kid icarus, but not the world of kid icarus.
So...If smash never happens, wouldn't the guidances never happen?

D

Deleted member

Imagine killing gods when you can just enslave them and make them fight for your amusement.

This post was made by Pokemon Trainer gang.
Call Sony Santa Monica.
That would be a dope idea for the next GoW games.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You're right.
Meanwhile, Palutena probably realizes it's a game and reality is a lie, and tries to hide her fear or sorrow with cheer and jokes.

Probably, anyway.
She could just know all of this and just not really care.
Then there’s Viridi, who don’t give a **** about being in the game, but tries to keep the walls within their world
I think Pit still knows he's in a game. He's just not exactly aware of its implications.
All he knows is that he can’t die, only being returned to life after every “I’m Finished” moment he deals with
Only when Magnus, Phosphora, Viridi, Hades, and Medusa get in.
And they all wield different variations of Pit's bow.
And one of them has a spiking recovery.
And one of them shapeshifts mid-move for some attacks.

Also, cragalanche.

Eggplant wizard while you're at it.
Then people will be saying "We have too many Kid Icarus Characters! Obvious sakurai bias!"
Cragalanche should’ve been in by now. How dare Sakurai tone down the bias?
They’re used a an epilogue to Uprising for one thing (Dark Pit joining Viridi’s squad for example...and ignoring her roasting his *** in this game), while also continuing the trio’s weird relationship (the Pitty Pat, Pretty Palutena, and Savage as **** Viridi...the ultimate trio of Smash)
It’d be funny if characters like Arlon question why Simon Belmont is burning himself a witch at the RBF
So...If smash never happens, wouldn't the guidances never happen?
They’d still happen, just offscreen (or even to promote nothing)

D

Deleted member

I'm trying to think of a way to explain this simply.
The non-canon games they appear in never happened, but because they're fourth wall breakers, they're aware of their experiences in those games.
Then that means that they can see other realities.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm trying to think of a way to explain this simply.
The non-canon games they appear in never happened because they're non-canon, but because they're fourth wall breakers, they're aware of their experiences in those games.
So, they are aware they are in that game, and they are aware of the experiences there?

NineS

Smash Lord
So, they are aware they are in that game, and they are aware of the experiences there?
It's like how persona handles Q2 and the Dancing spin-offs.
In those games, the characters experience it all, and it actually happens in-canon, but their memories are wiped so they don't know it happened.

In kid icarus, it's the reverse.
the characters experience it all, but it doesn't actually happen in-canon, however they keep their memories of it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's like how persona handles Q2 and the Dancing spin-offs.
In those games, the characters experience it all, and it actually happens in-canon, but their memories are wiped so they don't know it happened.

In kid icarus, it's the reverse.
the characters experience it all, but it doesn't actually happen in-canon, however they keep their memories of it.
Odd...certainly interesting, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom