• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

RAYMAN REVEAL TRAILER:

Opens in the jungle, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Mario, Link and Zelda are fighting a team of Rabbids. The rabbids seem to be getting the upper hand. Suddenly, a disembodied fist comes out of seemingly nowhere. A figure steps out of the shadows, holding a Rabbid in one hand....

RAYMAN WINDS UP

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Didn't FEFates have like 75% of it's story scrapped? It REALLY should have been better so we'd have a morally grey conflict but instead we got "JAPAN IS AMAZING EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS" and "A dragon did it because eh, there's 5 minutes left of today's shift and I don't feel like working on the story anymore"
Glad to see I wasn't the only one feeling that way. I only got through Conquest, didn't touched Birthright and gave up midway through Revelations.

In fact, that's one of the reasons why I dare say Echoes is the best 3DS Fire Emblem game.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Didn't FEFates have like 75% of it's story scrapped? It REALLY should have been better so we'd have a morally grey conflict but instead we got "JAPAN IS AMAZING EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS" and "A dragon did it because eh, there's 5 minutes left of today's shift and I don't feel like working on the story anymore"
It'll never cease to amuse me that IS heard complaints about Awakening's story, brought in an actual writer in order to make a better story, and now fans hate on Fates story far more than Awakening's.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If I had to guess Fates (or iF in Japan for some reason) suffered from having to tell 3 stories.

Pokemon does multiple versions but it only has the one story between them and the GBC Zeldas aren't exactly story rich.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If I had to guess Fates (or iF in Japan for some reason) suffered from having to tell 3 stories.

Pokemon does multiple versions but it only has the one story between them and the GBC Zeldas aren't exactly story rich.
The only thing Fates suffers from is the lack of Azura singing everytime she shows up, not enough Silas/Percy, and Female Corrin not being the only Corrin

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

No it also suffers from just bad writing. The Japanese country is literally so pure there's a magical peace generating forcefield and everyone is so kind and loving. Meanwhile Nohr, the western country, is bad and icky

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The only thing Fates suffers from is the lack of Azura singing everytime she shows up, not enough Silas/Percy, and Female Corrin not being the only Corrin
and Not enough Shigure and Niles
The game needs more Shigure and Niles and less Male and female Corrin being ****ing stupid

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I am actually surprised they didn’t use Isabelle’s little “speaking” warbles for Ultimate. She had it in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, so...

D

Deleted member

Fire Emblem, companions walk
The endless path together.
In the wavering shadow of spite,
Our home is faced by the oncoming spear,
Engulfed in flames.
I keep that unforgettable day in my heart
And now rise up together with my companions.
Fire Emblem, our bond shall be never broken.
We hold fast to protect tomorrow
And the one who awaits our return.
Fire Emblem, light gathers on the flag we unfurl.
Fire Emblem, we gaze upon the multitude of stars,
Gripping our blades.
If we do not bring light to the darkness in these lands,
The shooting stars will soar over a wasteland.
Fire Emblem, on whom does the morning sun shine
As she climbs over the edge of battle?​

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I am actually surprised they didn’t use Isabelle’s little “speaking” warbles for Ultimate. She had it in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, so...
Olimar and Isabelle were robbed.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Here's a good summary of the problem with revelation.
deadlinedance from serenesforest said:
Remember why we were all excited for the plot in the first place? It was all about The Choice. That emotional conflict, all stemming from a terrible decision with no right answer. No matter which way you chose, you would lose something, both as the character of Corrin and as the player.

And then they decided to make a third "neutral" path, which is of course The Right One in which you can have it all with no consequences!

And everybody lives! Including your attractive siblings from the other kingdom, because OF COURSE they're not bad guys! And you slay the REAL villain that you didn't even know about until five minutes ago and he's not even human (he's a demon/dragon/ugly old man) so you don't have to feel any guilt in killing him whatsoever! Because modern Japanese media writing is completely averse to any sort of moral ambiguity whatsoever.

ESPECIALLY when the one they'd be accusing of said morally imperfect choices is the loyal customer player, even if having to make The Choice in question was literally the driving creative force and/or selling point of the game from the beginning.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
fire emblem but its the 1500s and now we're shooting people with muskets

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So for real, Nintendo needs to get a Direct up here pretty soon.

The more I've thought about it, we've gotten effectively nothing on Fire Emblem: Three Houses since E3. That's at around 8 months with no information. If this games is supposed to be out in the next few months...why have they said nothing about it? Talk about hype killer.

The games revealed in the September Direct are a little less worried about for me, but I still want to know more. Give me more of a reason to be interested in DaemonXMachina, or tell me about what makes Animal Crossing Switch different from its predecessors. Can we finally live in the same town as a certain set of friends wirelessly? What new features will it have?

I'm really pumped for Luigi's Mansion, mainly because it was a game I really wanted but not got when I was a kid, only to own it later and play the **** out of it when I finally got the chance. It's one of those series that gets me real pumped for whatever reason.

Like sure, knowing we have Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, and Gen 8 Pokemon coming is really great and I'm excited. But...I want to know more. It almost seems like some of the stuff at E3 was revealed too early or something happened in development.

Maybe I'm just impatient, but I'm going to be sad if we don't get a Direct in the next 2 weeks. Granted, in two weeks I'll be on break from school so I can actually chill out and watch. But I do kinda like to know what I should plan on buying this year, what I should save for, or how I should plan out my backlog. For example, I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 3 and Smash, and then plan on moving onto Persona 5. Yoshi comes out next month, but then what's after that? I still have a number of games I want to play, but I also want to know what to plan for.

It also doesn't help that while cleaning yesterday, Animal Crossing music started playing from the Smash Sound Test, and it made me feel all sorts of nostalgia from when I really used to grind that game. Man do I miss it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I kinda feel like we were meant to get a direct last month, but with the MP4 going the way of FF7 Remake ordeal, they’ve had to restructure the content planned for the direct

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
we've only been two months into the year chill out with the whole "direct drought!!!" stuff, it's happened before and will happen again in the future

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Apparently I am the only guy who is chill with Isabelle having a voice.
yep

its a good idea to you but considering literally every other animal character not having a voice it isnt to us

deal with it man :cool:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It'll never cease to amuse me that IS heard complaints about Awakening's story, brought in an actual writer in order to make a better story, and now fans hate on Fates story far more than Awakening's.
tbf, if they wanted to make it worthwhile they shouldn't have cut out 99% of the story said writer cooked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom