• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm not even arguing specifically in favor of the 4chan leak, but buddy, those stats aren't gurantee to remain tailored to any one character. Assuming it's definitely Erdrick based off of them is a bit absurd.
Kinda like how it's a bit absurd to think those stats could even fit someone like Heavy?

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
You're missing my point.

Ike and Cloud's hitboxes were just slight adjustments from one another.

You're saying "The hitbox that is currently Tink's size will suddenly double in size", which no, I don't believe one bit.
No, I'm not. Read. I wasn't even talking about Heavy. Never said anything about the height doubling in size. Could it happen? Sure, maybe, but you're misconstruing my words heavily there, no pun intended.
Kinda like how it's a bit absurd to think those stats could even fit someone like Heavy?
As absurd as putting those words in my mouth can get.

Seriously guys. Chill out.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Wait, there's discussion about Brave being Heavy?
That was nothing but a heavy misunderstanding. It really just accumulates into the fact that Brave can be anyone, due to the stats being changeable. Not really about Heavy though.

No idea where that idea came from, but it's best left alone now.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
a melee attack? i guess just as a callback they could do something like that. But maybe a persona would be part of it.
I do wonder if they're going to put different magics, even if there wont be weaknesses.
I was actually talking about the gun there :p

D

Deleted member

Heavy will be confirmed at E3 along with a TF2 Switch port and numerous TF2 spirits

D

Deleted member

Just caught up with the thread, That leak is driving this thread crazy (not Grinch Levels of insane at all but crazy non the less). Fake though but lets change the subject before the thread becomes more wild than it already is

What are y'alls favorite games excluding smash? Mine are; Splatoon 2, Mother 3, Banjo-Kazooie, SMRPG and probably the OG Phoenix wright trilogy. Also others I can't think of right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Oh. well, so long as they can make it fun.
After i thought about it, I think i'd rather have persona skills than guns, but im sure they can include them somewhere. we'll find out eventually :)
Same. I'd rather have each of his specials be a different Persona with a different element.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Just caught up with the thread, That leak is driving this thread crazy (not Grinch Levels of insane at all but crazy non the less). Fake though but lets change the subject before the thread becomes more wild than it already is

What are y'alls favorite games excluding smash? Mine are; Splatoon 2, Mother 3, Banjo-Kazooie, SMRPG and probably the OG Phoenix wright trilogy.
Majora's Mask, Yoshi's Island, Metroid: Zero Mission, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Super Mario Odyssey, Final Fantasy VI, Wind Waker, Jak II, and some others I can't think of... :yoshi:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Careful, assuming someone is in due to leaks or likelihood is a slippery slope since remember when EVERYONE was so sure that Chorus Kids & Chrom were in Smash 4 and said any leak without them was fake? I mean, I agree that Erdrick is most likely in, but its far from sure.
This is more of an Inceneroar than a Chrom or Chorus Kids. There's a lot of evidence that leads to Erdrick, plus leakers, plus an in game code that directly references the Japanese name of the Hero Class in Dragon Quest, Yuusha the name of the Hero Class in DQ literally translates to brave, and then there's that random Insta post with "The Brave's Shield". Chrom and Chorus Kids had Sal. That was really it.

Edit: I see where you're coming from though.

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord

What are y'alls favorite games excluding smash? Mine are; Splatoon 2, Mother 3, Banjo-Kazooie, SMRPG and probably the OG Phoenix wright trilogy.
It's more of a single person defending the leak and the rest trying to convince them that it's fake, despite it already being obvious.

Mega Man (Zero, ZX, X and Classic, from favorite to least favorite. I haven't played the other series), Yu-Gi-Oh, Mario, Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This is what happens when there's no news in quite a while. Hope for all your sake there is a direct next week. :laugh:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Pokemon X & Y, Pokemon Black & White, Minecraft, Mega Man 9, Mario Kart Wii, The Rhythm Heaven series, in general, Super Mario 64, and Super Mario Galaxy

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This is more of an Inceneroar than a Chrom or Chorus Kids. There's a lot of evidence that leads to Erdrick, plus leakers, plus an in game code that directly references the Japanese name of the Hero Class in Dragon Quest, Yuusha the name of the Hero Class in DQ literally translates to brave, and then there's that random Insta post with "The Brave's Shield". Chrom and Chorus Kids had Sal. That was really it.

That tweet is just a person who isn't working on Ultimate and makes tons of silly tweets. Skull Kid among many of them. I wouldn't put any stock in the The Brave's Shield tweet.

The other stuff you mentioned are a bit more concrete.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Clearly Brave is actually Dirk the Daring. I mean come on, guys.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

What are y'alls favorite games excluding smash? Mine are; Splatoon 2, Mother 3, Banjo-Kazooie, SMRPG and probably the OG Phoenix wright trilogy. Also others I can't think of right now.
I guess a bit of Monster Hunter, some Command & Conquer games, StarCraft, a bit of Phantasy Star Online from what I can remember. As for other games I played back then, the Donkey Kong Country trilogy on the SNES, same with the Sega Genesis Sonic games. SA2B was also good (I still miss the hero chao stuff). Some memories these turned out to be.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
sakurai is doing what would make IS quiver in fear.....

welcome BRAVE ANNA

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Occasionally the foe will flash yellow, and if you hit them during the move, they take extra damage, but if you mistime it, you take damage instead.

Clearly, the most balanced of characters.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Alright then. And if Joker doesn't use knives or his gun, then your point is up the creek without a paddle. And that's assuming that Smash doesn't make that exception anyway.
Joker only fights with 3 things.
- Knife
- Gun
- Personas
They can omit the Gun, but if they omit the knife and the gun, then Joker is left with only Personas, meaning he'd be only summoning Personas which would mean its not really Joker but any protagonist for the Persona series and thus he'd lose a lot of his character in the process and that they might as well have gone with Yu Narukami instead since then they could at least have a sword wielder. I mean, even Persona 4 Arena didn't have every attack summon a Persona, the characters used their weapons or punches & kicks as well to display their individual character and skill..and Joker not having stylish attacks would feel very disappointing.
I don't know a ton about Persona, but I mean, doesn't the P3 Protag also summon Personas by shooting himself in the head?

With Joker he rips off his mask which is really easy to tone down (just remove the gore). But to have a character who literally shoots themselves in the head seems a bit much.
Technically, no. The characters of Persona 3 use a device known as an Evoker to summon Personas which is gun shaped (except for Koromaru's since he's a dog, its built into his collar instead) that is shaped as such due to needing a traumatic event in order to summon Personas in the real world (which, though all Persona summoning, for the most part, takes place during the Dark Hour, a mysterious 25th hour that occurs at Midnight where all but Persona users turn into Coffins..the Persona series is weird..is still in the real world).
In Persona 4 Arena, the P3 characters didn't need their Evokers due to taking place in the Midnight Channel from P4, which is in a metaphysical realm..and it was just handwaved for the Dark Hour redux in Ultimax to not disrupt Gameplay. They can avoid having P3 Protag using the evoker if they desire.

Yeah, I know, all of that is why I do believe Erdrick is in, and I'm glad you're seeing where I'm coming from..I just always take issue with people taking leaks, rumors, or even educated speculation as 100% fact and use it to disregard any other leaks or speculation.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
well, i may or may not have brainstormed a little alternate universe type story for Smash, but I doubt you guys would wanna pay attention to it right now. maybe tomorrow.

also HEAVY? In a Smash leak? lololol

anyway, i'm feeling really sick and am about to tap out. night, everyone.

Noipoi

Howdy!
well, i may or may not have brainstormed a little alternate universe type story for Smash, but I doubt you guys would wanna pay attention to it right now. maybe tomorrow.

also HEAVY? In a Smash leak? lololol

anyway, i'm feeling really sick and am about to tap out. night, everyone.
G'night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom