• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I have a feeling that joker wont use his knives solely anyway, and will probably have melee attacks too. I just dont know how far sakurai will take that.

I hope that if he uses his guns for a b move, it'll be different and more interesting than bayoneta's. (the guns by holding attacks was a pretty neat idea tho, even if it isn't used that often.)

D

Deleted member

And yet Cloud's size changed over time before he got released publicly. It can literally go either way.
Yeah honestly I feel it's unwise to depend on stats for like any character. One of my IRL friends really wants Geno in and says he's basically guarenteed because the stats match up and I really hope he doesn't end up heartbroken (though he probably will because the erdrick train is moving too fast)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
We've literally been fighting over this dumb text leak for an hour, now!

Can we please stop, and actually argue about something with legitimate value?!

Just a penguin

Smash Master
How about coming up with movesets for random people. And I'm talking random. Not 'likely' random; I'm talking 'bat-sh*t crazy Random.

I'll toss out an example:
Speed Racer
Neutral Special- Throws his Helmet in a boomerang-like fashion
Side Special- Hops in the Mach 5 and races forward a set distance (similar to Bowser jrs side special)
Down Special- Spritle & Chim Chim try to attck, but miss and cause opponent in front to trip
Up Special- Speed appears in his mach 5 and launches out from an ejector seat straight up
Random, huh? How about Mario Party's Dice Block?

Neutral B: Rolls die for 4 times the damage shown (1-10)
Side B: Launches self in a way similar to throwing a die.
Down B: Slams self downward like Kirby's Stone.
Up B: Bounces upwards in the same fashion as the Dice Block being hit in Mario Party.

D

Deleted member

There's nothing stopping the ESRB from going back and re-rating games after release.

Smash 4 was changed from mild siggestive themes to suggestive themes after the release of Bayo.

It's online interactions that they can't rate.
Source?
Because the ESRB website still has the description under "Mild Suggestive Themes".
It's Ultimate that dropped the Mild.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Yeah honestly I feel it's unwise to depend on stats for like any character. One of my IRL friends really wants Geno in and says he's basically guarenteed because the stats match up and I really hope he doesn't end up heartbroken (though he probably will because the erdrick train is moving too fast)
Tell me about it. We're really at that phase where it's silly to assume that anything is a lock without proper evidence.

Especially with Erdrick. I'm not even rooting against the guy, but if I'm to be honest, people are rooting way too deeply into that.

By all means, it's possible, but not inevitable.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok so to change the subject

Anyone here played Dissidia 012? I got some kinda speculative game/AU-ish thing to formulate and y’all can maybe give it a shot if you want

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
That leak seems pretty fake to be honest. Fortunately it doesn't look like there is much fighting over it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Tell me about it. We're really at that phase where it's silly to assume that anything is a lock without proper evidence.

Especially with Erdrick. I'm not even rooting against the guy, but if I'm to be honest, people are rooting way too deeply into that.

By all means, it's possible, but not inevitable.
I'm not one to like leaks. And i especially dont like when people buy into them without good reason from multiple sources. I didn't used to trust verge, but the grinch leak fenasco was good enough for me to trust what he says a bit more.

At least in Erdrick's case we have multiple insiders talking. I think it's neat to think about, but i still dont 'believe' it, and ive actually seen quite a few people despair over it as if it's a done thing, which is weird. But a lot of people seem better about it these days, at least from what i saw.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I have a feeling that joker wont use his knives solely anyway, and will probably have melee attacks too. I just dont know how far sakurai will take that.

I hope that if he uses his guns for a b move, it'll be different and more interesting than bayoneta's. (the guns by holding attacks was a pretty neat idea tho, even if it isn't used that often.)
It will probably make the opponent trip, like in Persona 5.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It will probably make the opponent trip, like in Persona 5.
a melee attack? i guess just as a callback they could do something like that. But maybe a persona would be part of it.
I do wonder if they're going to put different magics, even if there wont be weaknesses.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't think age restrictions are a huge issue for Smash. Absolutely any kind of violence can happen as long as there's no blood.
Nah, there's no way the ESRB would let a children's game have a player-controlled character gain power by shooting himself in the head in an E10+ game. Especially not considering all of the issues guns pose in the US, especially since the ESRB is based here. They'd basically be promoting that sort of thing to kids. It's one of those "replicable acts of violence" things.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Source?
Because the ESRB website still has the description under "Mild Suggestive Themes".
It's Ultimate that dropped the Mild.
I must have been mistaken, but the point still stands. In fact, here's an excerpt from the ESRB sote itself:
"Downloadable content (DLC) that will be appended to a previously-rated product need only be submitted to ESRB for rating if its content exceeds that which is in the existing "core" product. Otherwise, the rating assigned to the core product is applicable to the DLC as well. Where, however, DLC content exceeds the rating assigned to the core product, it must be submitted to ESRB and a different rating may be assigned to the DLC."
So they can and will re-rate games if it has DLC that goes over the rating.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
At least in Erdrick's case we have multiple insiders talking.
Ehhhhh, not even in certainty. Hey people use that to clamor that "Erdrick is definitely coming" to the point where that's practically all that's talked about.

Don't even get me started on people assuming or commanding that the 5chan leak supposedly has to be real. :U

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I've been trying to change the subject for like 4 posts now, let's try again.
What songs and themes would y'all like to hear is Smash? Mine are...

Super Mario Odyssey Medley (A remix of the small world themes in Odyssey)
Hisstocrat (Original)
Sonic Mania Main Theme (Remix)
Kirby, Right Back At Ya! Theme (Original or remix)
Jungle Joust/Rabbid Kong Theme (Originals)
Literally any Shantae song
Mechawiggler Battle (Original)
Mollusque Lancuer Battle (Remix)
Pac Man World 2 Theme (Remix)
Pac Baby (Championship Edition Version)
Yo Yo Yoshi (Original)
DK Rap (New Remix)
Dark Samus Theme (Remix)
K. Rool Battle (DK 64 Remix)
Pink Ball Activate! (Remix)
There are quite a few songs I still wanna see in Smash as well as what stages I think they’d fit.
-Hissocrat ~ Super Mario 3D World (New Donk City Hall or 3D Land)
-Battlerock Galaxy ~ Super Mario Galaxy (Mario Galaxy)
-Waluigi Stadium/Wario Colosseum ~ Mario Kart: Double Dash (Figure-8 Circuit)
-Electrodrome ~ Mario Kart 8 (Mario Circuit)
-Scorch n’ Torch ~ Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Jungle Japes)
-Koloktos/Moldarach ~ The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Great Plateau Tower)
-Lorule Castle ~ The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Temple)
-Surface of SR388 ~ Metroid: Samus Returns (Brinstar)
-Quadraxis Battle ~ Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Frigate Orpheon)
-Special Course ~ Yoshi’s Woolly World (Yoshi’s Story)
-Green Gardens ~ Kirby Star Allies (Green Greens)
-Battle! Champion ~ Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver (Saffron City)
-Battle! (Brendan/May) ~ Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire (Pokémon Stadium 2)
-Boy Meets Girl (Twoson) ~ Earthbound (Onett)
-Porky Means Business ~ Earthbound (New Pork City)
-Twilight of the Gods ~ Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (Arena Ferox)
-Road Taken (Roar) ~ Fire Emblem Fates (Coliseum)
-Boss Battle 2 ~ Kid Icarus: Uprising (Reset Bomb Forest)
-Body Rock ~ WarioWare D.I.Y. (Gamer)
-Plasma Wraith~ Pikmin 3 (Garden of Hope)
-Hole in One ~ Rhythm Heaven Fever (Tomodachi Life)
-Andy’s Theme ~ Advance Wars: Dual Strike (Wrecking Crew)
-Main Theme ~ Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido (Moray Towers)
Mirage Saloon ~ Sonic Mania (Green Hill Zone)
Seaside Hill ~ Sonic Heroes & What I’m Made Of ~ Sonic Heroes (Windy Hill Zone)
-Abandoned Memory (Dr. Wily Stage 1) ~ Mega Man 10 and Fuse Man’s Theme ~ Mega Man 11 (Wily Castle)
-Menu Theme (PAC-MAN VS.) (PAC-LAND)
-That Person’s Name Is ~ Bravely Default and Battle ~ Octopath Traveler (Midgar)

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
So do y'all think we're gonna get a Joker gameplay trailer/segment in the (hopefully happening) Valentine's Direct?
Would certainly be a way to take our hearts.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ehhhhh, not even in certainty. Hey people use that to clamor that "Erdrick is definitely coming" to the point where that's practically all that's talked about.

Don't even get me started on people assuming or commanding that the 5chan leak supposedly has to be real. :U
Well that's the thing, just because something isn't confirmation doesnt mean it has no value. The 5chan leak had some info that ended up being true up to now, verge knew of an SE character but doesnt want to make a solid claim even if he heard erdrick the most, and then tansut has some credit too. and then there's a bit more, but just those is pretty good. Individually not so much, but together it adds. I still wouldn't put erdrick's chances above 60% (and i wouldnt go that high). There definitely isn't a good reason for anyone to think it's a done deal. There's just more chance.

Shroob

Sup?
And yet Cloud's size changed over time before he got released publicly. It can literally go either way.
Cloud's base model is Ike, who barely changed.

The 2nd character on that leak is....Heavy, who's like a 6'7" tall Russian male.

Erdrick is currently Tink's height.

I can excuse the slight change from Ike to Cloud, but Tink to, probably as big as Bowser is pushing my realm of believably to me, sorry.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Who said it didn't? The issue is people pressing it on others like it's a foregone closure.
It just seems like maybe some people go totally against it because they see people buying into it when it's not even a sure thing at all.
It bothers me too, but obviously because i want erdrick in I dont go as far.

D

Deleted member

There are quite a few songs I still wanna see in Smash as well as what stages I think they’d fit.
-Hissocrat ~ Super Mario 3D World (New Donk City Hall or 3D Land)
-Battlerock Galaxy ~ Super Mario Galaxy (Mario Galaxy)
-Waluigi Stadium/Wario Colosseum ~ Mario Kart: Double Dash (Figure-8 Circuit)
-Electrodrome ~ Mario Kart 8 (Mario Circuit)
-Scorch n’ Torch ~ Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Jungle Japes)
-Koloktos/Moldarach ~ The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Great Plateau Tower)
-Lorule Castle ~ The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Temple)
-Surface of SR388 ~ Metroid: Samus Returns (Brinstar)
-Quadraxis Battle ~ Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Frigate Orpheon)
-Special Course ~ Yoshi’s Woolly World (Yoshi’s Story)
-Green Gardens ~ Kirby Star Allies (Green Greens)
-Battle! Champion ~ Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver (Saffron City)
-Battle! (Brendan/May) ~ Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire (Pokémon Stadium 2)
-Boy Meets Girl (Twoson) ~ Earthbound (Onett)
-Porky Means Business ~ Earthbound (New Pork City)
-Twilight of the Gods ~ Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (Arena Ferox)
-Road Taken (Roar) ~ Fire Emblem Fates (Coliseum)
-Boss Battle 2 ~ Kid Icarus: Uprising (Reset Bomb Forest)
-Body Rock ~ WarioWare D.I.Y. (Gamer)
-Plasma Wraith~ Pikmin 3 (Garden of Hope)
-Hole in One ~ Rhythm Heaven Fever (Tomodachi Life)
-Andy’s Theme ~ Advance Wars: Dual Strike (Wrecking Crew)
-Main Theme ~ Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido (Moray Towers)
Mirage Saloon ~ Sonic Mania (Green Hill Zone)
Seaside Hill ~ Sonic Heroes & What I’m Made Of ~ Sonic Heroes (Windy Hill Zone)
-Abandoned Memory (Dr. Wily Stage 1) ~ Mega Man 10 and Fuse Man’s Theme ~ Mega Man 11 (Wily Castle)
-Menu Theme (PAC-MAN VS.) (PAC-LAND)
-That Person’s Name Is ~ Bravely Default and Battle ~ Octopath Traveler (Midgar)
King K Rool/Ship Deck 2, GankPlank Galleon-Pirate Ship

D

Deleted member

Are we seriously still arguing about this leak?

It has as much credence as the Gothitelle leak.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/ultimate_n_zone/who-really-owns-captain-n-t676.html But yeah, what I said earlier. DiC is allowed to distribute their episodes, but Nintendo owns its respective content.

Opossum Opossum and SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64

This is all I ever found on it overall. I'm... still taking it with a grain of salt, though. Namely, it would make a lot of sense to ask somebody we know to e-mail Nintendo to confirm it instead. It wasn't major public knowledge, clearly. I mean, with lack of anything else, it would make sense why Nintendo would own the character, being created in-house overall, but there is a good point if Captain N(not Captain Nintendo) is really owned by Nintendo or not. We only have something anybody could say to go on.

https://smashboards.com/threads/captain-n-the-game-master.334629/ ...Or as the thread said, a lot of people confirmed this? I guess? I'm pretty sure it's not a lie?
Do you have access to an appropriate email? I’ve also been dying to know who owns what from DKR.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Didn’t he have some fantasy looking gun in a spinoff? They could use that.

D

Deleted member

I just completed Getting Over It for the third time.
I love this game.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
There's just more chance.
I mean, not even that really. I mean, the likelihood of a leak coming true isn't based off of how many insiders or whatnot say they've heard it.
Cloud's base model is Ike, who barely changed.

The 2nd character on that leak is....Heavy, who's like a 6'7" tall Russian male.

Erdrick is currently Tink's height.

I can excuse the slight change from Ike to Cloud, but Tink to, probably as big as Bowser is pushing my realm of believably to me, sorry.
Wait, you're still on about specifically about that 4chan leak????

When I said it could go either way, I wasn't even talking about Heavy.

I mean, regardless, we've got a case where they scaled Ridley and K Rool down to size. Both of whom are bigger than heavy. And we also learned that height stats don't even tie directly into how tall characters appear since flipping Bowser has "taller" stats than Ridley.

I'm not even arguing specifically in favor of the 4chan leak, but buddy, those stats aren't gurantee to remain tailored to any one character. Assuming it's definitely Erdrick based off of them is a bit absurd.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, not even that really. I mean, the likelihood of a leak coming true isn't based off of how many insiders or whatnot say they've heard it.

I mean, regardless, we've got a case where they scaled Ridley and K Rool down to size. Both of whom are bigger than heavy. And we also learned that height stats don't even tie directly into how tall characters appear since flipping Bowser has "taller" stats than Ridley.

I'm not even arguing specifically in favor of the 4chan leak, but buddy, those stats aren't gurantee to remain tailored to any one character. Assuming it's definitely Erdrick based off of them is a bit absurd.
You're missing my point.

Ike and Cloud's hitboxes were just slight adjustments from one another.

You're saying "The hitbox that is currently Tink's size will suddenly double in size", which no, I don't believe one bit.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

When I said it could go either way, I wasn't even talking about Heavy.

Eh? Yes. It's like anything, the more sources the better. Like when there's a trial, one witness doesn't mean as much but it's still something, but then if you have more than one, it starts looking much more real.

Im careful of people piggybacking others too, but in this case it looks decent and with people who even went against the grinch leak when others were hopping along with it. Anyway, best to keep our wits about it both ways. It means something, but not everything.

Xeno324

Smash Rookie
Broke: Sora
Woke: DQ protagonist

For poops and giggles Rain from Final fantasy Brave Exvius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom