• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Is Anyone up for a Battle Arena Today is Probably perfect because most people are not at work.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So. What do people think of Xbox live coming to switch? What titles do you think will come over? Are there any you are excited to play?
I'm pretty neutral. I don't think I've ever played or interested in an Xbox exclusive.

Iridium

Smash Hero
WoL has made me want a Smash RPG very badly. It itself kind of felt like one to an extent, but I have some ideas.
I'll just give them now:

Classes
It is possible for characters to count towards multiple classes (think of Pokémon's dual types, perhaps), which reflects in their movesets. What they generally use is counted for, but this may not end up completely accurate, so bear with me. This may not be completed today.

Swordfighters (my favorite): :ultlink::ultcloud::ultcorrin:/:ultcorrinf::ultike:(R.I.P. buff Ike's icon):ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultswordfighter::ultrobin:/:ultrobinf::ultroy::ultchrom::ultshulk::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:, and maybe :ultpit::ultdarkpit:?

Mages/Conjurers: :ultrobin:/:ultrobinf::ultness::ultlucas::ultbayonetta:/:ultbayonetta1::ultcloud::ultmewtwo:

Brawlers: :ultbowser::ultbowserjr:(:ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig:):ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ulticeclimbers::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultmario::ultluigi::ultmegaman::ultbrawler::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultsonic::ultzelda::ultzss::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm::ultvillager:/:ultvillagerf::ultisabelle::ultrob::ultridley::ultcharizard::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultpacman::ultkrool::ultlucario::ultgnw::ultyoshi::ultwolf::ultgreninja::ultsheik::ultsnake:

Items (or projectiles; this is for saved for those w/ multiple, although I'll count the Pits): :ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultolimar::ultduckhunt::ultvillager:/:ultvillagerf::ultisabelle::ultmegaman::ultpalutena::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultzelda::ultwiifittrainer:/:ultwiifittrainerm::ultrob::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultinkling::ultinklingboy::ultpacman::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsheik::ultgreninja:

Stealth: :ultgreninja::ultsheik::ultsnake:

Energy: :ultlucario::ultness::ultlucas::ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultmewtwo:

Unlocks
I like the way recruits worked in WoL, so I could see it working like that, but if we want difficulty (or some), we could add goons or additional enemies, based on the home series of the boss (i.e. Bowser and Goombas/Koopas/Boos).

Battle Mechanics
Parties obviously will exist, and I guess in the style of traditional ones, so 4 characters on a field, maximum. However, the option to change the party during a siege is possible, but there is a limit of 4 switches, and is limited by the amount of SP (Smash Points) you currently have.

Smash Points are basically points that are exchanged for abilities and items. Each turn during a siege, 10 SP are received, unless you are already at the maximum of 100. Only one ability or item can be used per character and per turn, so that manages it. Items simply can be the items we already have in Smash, but just with some different effects (i.e. Poison Mushroom lowers ATK & DFN, Gust Bellows lowers ACC, Heart Container heals by 100 HP).

Classes do interact with each other in different ways as well. Normally, the base effectiveness of an attack goes with a multiplier of 1.00x, but that changes based the opponents facing off. For example, brawlers can beat mages/conjurers, but lose to swordfighters.

If a character loses all of their HP, whether they can come back depends on you. Settings will allow you to choose yes or no, and yes enables a Revive ability, at the cost of 50 SP, while no essentially acts a permadeath, either for the siege, or overall, which is asked if you pick it.

Game overs here are pretty much what you would imagine, so nothing crazy.

Legendary Bosses
Much like how Smash's Classic Mode now features bosses from various franchises for certain characters, this will be possible, and you find these sieges on the map, an extra tough boss will challenge you. If you win, there is an opportunity to receive a strong weapon/armor, which may work with somebody of the same class.

Losses result in a weaker boss and slightly worse reward if you continue, so saving your progress before starting the fight may be preferred.

Final Smashes
Or Ultimates, as you may call them. Now they all happen to be more cinematic, and all of them will not fail to work if they land. They will be based on Ultimate's FSs, and are used during a lock-on (an encounter or battle during a siege).

Other Details
- A shop will be available to buy weapons and armor.
- Spirits/ATs may exist together, as they both will provide certain effects to the users. Both allies and enemies have access to these, in addition to items and Ultimates.
- Interactions between parties will happen, based on the characters. Conversations are a possibility (i.e. Link & Zelda, Mario & Luigi, Ness & Luigi). Just to give personality.
- Always expect a random, obscure glitch to happen, just because.

I got tired writing this, so I'll probably consider these ideas another time. Hire me, Sakuraiさん?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So. What do people think of Xbox live coming to switch? What titles do you think will come over? Are there any you are excited to play?
I'm excited about the Banjo-Kazooie games finally being back on a Nintendo Console where they belong, that's for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'll just give them now:

Classes
It is possible for characters to count towards multiple classes (think of Pokémon's dual types, perhaps), which reflects in their movesets. What they generally use is counted for, but this may not end up completely accurate, so bear with me. This may not be completed today.

Swordfighters (my favorite): :ultlink::ultcloud::ultcorrin:/:ultcorrinf::ultike:(R.I.P. buff Ike's icon):ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultswordfighter::ultrobin:/:ultrobinf::ultroy::ultchrom::ultshulk::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:, and maybe :ultpit::ultdarkpit:?

Mages/Conjurers: :ultrobin:/:ultrobinf::ultness::ultlucas::ultbayonetta:/:ultbayonetta1::ultcloud::ultmewtwo:

Brawlers: :ultbowser::ultbowserjr:(:ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig:):ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ulticeclimbers::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultmario::ultluigi::ultmegaman::ultbrawler::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultsonic::ultzelda::ultzss::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm::ultvillager:/:ultvillagerf::ultisabelle::ultrob::ultridley::ultcharizard::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultpacman::ultkrool::ultlucario::ultgnw::ultyoshi::ultwolf:

Items (or projectiles; this is for saved for those w/ multiple, although I'll count the Pits): :ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultolimar::ultduckhunt::ultvillager:/:ultvillagerf::ultisabelle::ultmegaman::ultpalutena::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultzelda::ultwiifittrainer:/:ultwiifittrainerm::ultrob::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultinkling::ultinklingboy::ultpacman::ultsimon::ultrichter:

Stealth: :ultgreninja::ultsheik::ultsnake:

Energy: :ultlucario::ultness::ultlucas::ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultmewtwo:

Unlocks
I like the way recruits worked in WoL, so I could see it working like that, but if we want difficulty (or some), we could add goons or additional enemies, based on the home series of the boss (i.e. Bowser and Goombas/Koopas/Boos).

Battle Mechanics
Parties obviously will exist, and I guess in the style of traditional ones, so 4 characters on a field, maximum. However, the option to change the party during a siege is possible, but there is a limit of 4 switches, and is limited by the amount of SP (Smash Points) you currently have.

Smash Points are basically points that are exchanged for abilities and items. Each turn during a siege, 10 SP are received, unless you are already at the maximum of 100. Only one ability or item can be used per character and per turn, so that manages it. Items simply can be the items we already have in Smash, but just with some different effects (i.e. Poison Mushroom lowers ATK & DFN, Gust Bellows lowers ACC, Heart Container heals by 100 HP).

Classes do interact with each other in different ways as well. Normally, the base effectiveness of an attack goes with a multiplier of 1.00x, but that changes based the opponents facing off. For example, brawlers can beat mages/conjurers, but lose to swordfighters.

If a character loses all of their HP, whether they can come back depends on you. Settings will allow you to choose yes or no, and yes enables a Revive ability, at the cost of 50 SP, while no essentially acts a permadeath, either for the siege, or overall, which is asked if you pick it.

Game overs here are pretty much what you would imagine, so nothing crazy.

Legendary Bosses
Much like how Smash's Classic Mode now features bosses from various franchises for certain characters, this will be possible, and you find these sieges on the map, an extra tough boss will challenge you. If you win, there is an opportunity to receive a strong weapon/armor, which may work with somebody of the same class.

Losses result in a weaker boss and slightly worse reward if you continue, so saving your progress before starting the fight may be preferred.

Final Smashes
Or Ultimates, as you may call them. Now they all happen to be more cinematic, and all of them will not fail to work if they land. They will be based on Ultimate's FSs, and are used during a lock-on (an encounter or battle during a siege).

Other Details
- A shop will be available to buy weapons and armor.
- Spirits/ATs may exist together, as they both will provide certain effects to the users. Both allies and enemies have access to these, in addition to items and Ultimates.
- Interactions between parties will happen, based on the characters. Conversations are a possibility (i.e. Link & Zelda, Mario & Luigi, Ness & Luigi). Just to give personality.
- Always expect a random, obscure glitch to happen, just because.

I got tired writing this, so I'll probably consider these ideas another time. Hire me, Sakuraiさん?
smh sakurai oversaturating smash with cartoon brawlers when will we get more interesting characters smh

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hopefully, Xbox Game Pass will come to the system. I know that's a but if a longshot considering some of the games on there but if all we got were just the 360 and Original Xbox games that are available I'd still be super happy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, I guess if it's real, then I might pick up a Halo game if one comes over but that's about it. It's the only MS exclusive I have the slightest interest in. I might pick up Banjo too but that's only to see if it's actually as good as people say.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Hopefully, Xbox Game Pass will come to the system. I know that's a but if a longshot considering some of the games on there but if all we got were just the 360 and Original Xbox games that are available I'd still be super happy.
As long as they dont make us pay 50 bucks for online if it happens. Im not playing 50 bucks. Im already paying 50 for games

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
smh sakurai oversaturating smash with cartoon brawlers when will we get more interesting characters smh
At least we got Joker, which shows DLC character selection will go in the righteous way: Anime twinks sharp-weapon-users

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At least we got Joker, which shows DLC character selection will go in the righteous way: Anime twinks sharp-weapon-users
don't let them silence you

let them know what we want

we want more anime twinks and nobody can stop us

osby

Smash Obsessed
May our DLC lineup be at least as good as the last one:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Among the Xbox Live games, Killer Instinct is one I think might not be there, as I could see Microsoft wanting people to only play the versions on their systems. A lot of other games are not exclusive at that point or currently dead(Banjo & Kazooie is one such example). Still nice, though.

D

Deleted member

Gonna start grinding out Splatfest in about maybe 15 minutes here and I'm trying to decide if I want to go for top rank this time.

Like, I want to, buuuuuut I also really want to play some KH3 today so I guess I'll see how it goes, lol. :drshrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man I hope you guys don't get too disappointed if it turns out xbox live is literally just so you can earn achievements on the Switch version of multiplat games. I feel we'd be lucky if it just meant xbox live's standards of online
Considering it’s also coming to IOS and Android I think it’s probably gonna be more than that.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Tbh, if we can somehow get the game pass, I'd love to be able to try Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.

D

Deleted member

I heard from Failboat's stream that apparently the live chat for the Smash Open is super toxic.

Apparently they're all screaming about Waluigi and Joker.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I heard from Failboat's stream that apparently the live chat for the Smash Open is super toxic.

Apparently they're all screaming about Waluigi and Joker.
Smh, Smash fans and their priorities, amirite?

Now when's that Direct? I'm starving!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom