• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I mean, if it's a relative that you hardly interact with anyways, I don't see why not. You might have to come up with a white lie as an excuse, but if it's an event that you know will make you uncomfortable and have no real obligation to attend, then you shouldn't be forced to attend it.
Yeah like I dont see them much but I just cant convence myself to go but I feel like they will hate me if I dont go.

but I just cant. I dont connect to baby showers or weddings, i just cant.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If it bad of me to not go to a relitives baby shower if I dont feel comfertable going to big event like a baby shower?

ill have nothing to talk about there. They will be talking about the baby, ill just want to talk about anything but babies because im not a fan of babies or kids
I mean, it would be respectful to go, but if it’s going to stress you that much, you can just go ahead and say you aren’t going.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah like I dont see them much but I just cant convence myself to go but I feel like they will hate me if I dont go.

I mean, I don't think it would be too much of a problem if you tell them you can't go ahead of time. What would be wrong is if you didn't show up when they expected you to. But over all the happiness of the mom-to-be matters the most, and if you don't want to be there, it could affect the mood, intentionally or otherwise. So it'd be better if you didn't go if you didn't want to be there to begin with.

If I were in your shoes I'd just send a gift in the mail, if possible, and maybe a card.

D

Deleted member

Has anyone wondered why there is no tournaments for smashboards that are like smogons? Because the inclusion of the battle arena make it way easier to do matchmaking wonder if mods would allow it?

osby

Smash Obsessed

If they're going to hate you for something so trivial, maybe you should't meet with them to begin with. I know it's easy to say this as an outsider, but you don't owe them anything just because you are relatives.

D

Deleted member

I thought about writing a manga someday. Too bad writers block and not being able to draw make that impossible.
Honestly, Banjo & Kazooie sound like a really fun Mii costume.

As does Master Chief. They're both great Gunner options.
1549740320708.jpeg

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm quite serious. They're both amazing costume options. Though maybe a Mii Swordsman could work better for Master Chief depending what weapon they want to use. Of course, if they needed a 3rd costume. Fulgore's an easy Mii Brawler option(or Jago, as both have that playstyle overall).

I love the idea of seeing Kazooie use as a gun all the time. It's something she already can do, but it sounds hilariously fun. And silly, just like the game series itself.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I mean, I don't think it would be too much of a problem if you tell them you can't go ahead of time. What would be wrong is if you didn't show up when they expected you to. But over all the happiness of the mom-to-be matters the most, and if you don't want to be there, it could affect the mood, intentionally or otherwise. So it'd be better if you didn't go if you didn't want to be there to begin with.

If I were in your shoes I'd just send a gift in the mail, if possible, and maybe a card.
well i decided to not go because, well, as stated, I wouldnt feel comfortable. I told my sister to tell her Im sorry I couldnt come and I wish the best for her and her baby but....

I feel like an asshole. I feel bad. I feel horrible, even tho im doing this to not ruin her happy moment and for me to not be awkward. I still feel like an utter asshole and Im not sure why anyone even likes me at this point because I never go to these big gatherings or events

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
this is absolutely 100% guaranteed one of his victory poses

like why wouldn't it be, it's absolutely perfect
I’m mostly staying in the middle of it being a victory pose depending on if an All Out Attack is his final smash...though of course it could be used for both

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I’m mostly staying in the middle of it being a victory pose depending on if an All Out Attack is his final smash...though of course it could be used for both
using it after an all out attack would probably take too long - there could be some unique thing to him like "play this animation in a stock match if the final smash will KO all remaining opponents", but it'd be weird in a game where they've emphasized quick animations

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
well i decided to not go because, well, as stated, I wouldnt feel comfortable. I told my sister to tell her Im sorry I could come and I wish the best for her and her baby but....

I feel like an *******. I feel bad. I feel horrible, even tho im doing this to not ruin her happy moment and for me to not be awkward. I still feel like an utter *******
That's understandable. For what it's worth I think you're doing the right thing. Generally people can tell whether or not guests want to be at their party, and if they get the feeling that you're going more out of obligation than of genuine willingness, it can sour the mood.

If you still feel bad though, I'd just make sure to send a gift. That way you feel as though you were there in spirit, and no feelings are hurt on either side.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
That's understandable. For what it's worth I think you're doing the right thing. Generally people can tell whether or not guests want to be at their party, and if they get the feeling that you're going more out of obligation than of genuine willingness, it can sour the mood.

If you still feel bad though, I'd just make sure to send a gift. That way you feel as though you were there in spirit, and no feelings are hurt on either side.
That's a good idea. The issue with not attending is that it makes it seem like you don't care, but sending a gift shows that you do care, but you just couldn't make it or weren't comfortable attending. That'd be the best compromise.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Well my family keeps telling me they wont think any less of me and Im sure they wont. I think its just my very very very low self esteem and pessimism and everything that makes me think everyone will hate me if I dont go to things

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm trying to do an animatic. And an animated short. And a webcomic.

I start too many projects.

I don't even know which to do first.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well my family keeps telling me they wont think any less of me and Im sure they wont. I think its just my very very very low self esteem and pessimism and everything that makes me think everyone will hate me if I dont go to things
I can very much relate to that. Definitely sounds like an anxiety issue. Trust me though, as long as you didn't already say you'd go, there likely won't be any bad feelings.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord

That's one of the main things that get in the way of an artist's career. Don't start too many projects. Take your time and work on them one by one.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Imagine having projects.

This post has been made by talentless people gang.

Jokes aside, I say start from the ones that you can finish in a limited time, like that animated short.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
using it after an all out attack would probably take too long - there could be some unique thing to him like "play this animation in a stock match if the final smash will KO all remaining opponents", but it'd be weird in a game where they've emphasized quick animations
Good point, and it doesn’t seem like Sakurai would want to speed up that animation specifically just for a final smash

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ooh, yeah, writer's block. Real pain too. It's been keeping me from continuing a story I started around 20 years ago. Mind you, it's more like a fan fic by definition, but figuring out who is fighting in a tournament is difficult due to making sure the timeline fits for each of the 80-some(and more) characters. Some don't exist yet, etc.

It also somewhat gives me trouble in a different way when working on my various games. Like coming up with a plant-like name for a pre-evolution in my Pokemon hack. It's something similar to a rose(though a Mandrake specifically), and I can't even remember a name I came up with two weeks ago. >.<

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Artist Block is awful. I'm still trying to come up with the designs for my characters. I have some sort of idea of what I'm aiming for, but I just can't come up with anything interesting.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I can't tell which Cloud outfit I like better

Like the Advent Children looks really good but the original outfit has that '90s JRPG charm that I love and respect

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

FF7 for me. It's both less Edgy and comes from the superior media.
That's what I was thinking but I have no opinion on AC or FF7 since I haven't played/watched them and also I make fun of edgy characters but I realized a lot of my favorite characters are edgy sad boys smh

But at the same time I love the inexplicable shoulder pad FF7 Cloud has since it's so ****ing 90's JRPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom