• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
they're just small targets, why you so scared of em?

now snakes?
those are some slimy ********, fighting copperheads with a shovel is not easy because i've done it before
It's something about the way they move, it freaks me out. Logically I know it's a tiny thing I can step on, but it's an irrational phobia, y'know?

MainJPW

M.T.A
Hell, I could even argue that. Other than the title track, most of the music feels kinda bland. It's not bad persay, just a big meh.
I don’t want anyone to get mad at me or anything but the Classic music is ****ing terrible.

I don’t understand the thought process behind trying to replicate the Genesis twang. CD didn’t do it, 3D Blast on the Saturn didn’t do it, Generations didn’t do it and Mania didn’t do it either.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It's something about the way they move, it freaks me out. Logically I know it's a tiny thing I can step on, but it's an irrational phobia, y'know?
Me and my stepdad were the only ones in my family NOT terrified of spiders, but still...

Regardless of their size, one wrong move with Black Widows and you're in for a world of hurt...

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don’t want anyone to get mad at me or anything but the Classic music is ****ing terrible.

I don’t understand the thought process behind trying to replicate the Genesis twang. CD didn’t do it, 3D Blast on the Saturn didn’t do it, Generations didn’t do it and Mania didn’t do it either.
Hell, Sonic 1-3 didn't do it.

The Sonic games (except Spinball) are among the few Genesis games that don't have the distinctive "twang" sound to it's music.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I mean the songs could’ve worked if it wasn’t for the soundfont:

Sound much better now don’t they?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Those are honestly some understandable reasons to not like FE, didn’t even realize they had 2 spirit events already. There are more people wanting to talk about the waifus than the game series itself (joking matters is alright, but only liking the series for the hotties is a no)...plus everyone who actually find the games themselves to be amazing know Echoes is the best (inb4 a FE game War starts).

Also I’ll just quickly guess that ship would be :ultpit:x:ultcorrinf::ultlucina::ultrobinf:Lyn (kinda cheating here)
Spoiler since it's a partially medium/long rant.
Honestly I think the first or second "spirit" event was literally FE part 1 (during December), where it said Part 2 will come next month. Both already passed, and FE was already shoved in my face that way. The waifu thing definitely troubles me indeed. I suppose it's a major thing society's into now, or at least gamers/anime people these days, and that's kinda not fun, and some tend to go overboard. I can't say things about the games themselves as I never played an FE game at all, nor will I ever.

Actually it's :ultpalutena::ultlucina:... I know it's popular because it felt like ppl had to push it because of that one blasted picture Nintendo posted... but it's still going strong now. Meanwhile, you know how jealous I can get when my :ultpit::ultzss: flagship gets little to no content without my influence somehow... and I'm still wishing I can encourage nice creative art to happen with my ideas. Though before that, let's just say Pit was shipped with males a lot during the Brawl times, and from the FE branch, it was Marth, Ike, and Roy. Not a fun thing.

So adding all that, and looking at Smash, Pit tends to have problems with specific FE characters matchup-wise. In Brawl, Marth beats Pit due to range (though Pit actually beats Ike for camping/gimping power), I don't know much of Smash 4's situation for Pit against FE characters. And don't get me started about Ultimate, with Ike's changes making it seem like Pit's the one with the disadvantage this time due to Ike's new speed to add to his range with little landing lag.

When I'm not talking about matchups, then comes tiers, and each game, except 64, had at least one high/top tier FE character. Melee Marth, Brawl Marth (well, he was high tier, not top), Smash 4 had Marth, Lucina, Corrin on the higher half of the tiers for that. And Ultimate? Looks like Ike, and Lucina are the high tier flavors at this time though most other FE characters are also powerful. Meanwhile, poor Pit's always been mid tier (except JP Brawl, where he was great).
Now for me, I've always had problems fighting FE characters, except like maybe Brawl Ike in a way, but alas, years of frustration has me very likely to get steamed up if I'm fighting an FE character.
And I'm gonna skip the thing about how we got a surge of FE characters starting from Smash 4 and Ultimate because this argument has been done to death,

So in short, lots of frustration towards Fire Emblem, and I'm sorry if it was a long rant. It's just one of those things I had to get off my chest, while being honest about my feelings. I sometimes try not to say things in fear of being attacked by some of the fans. That's also the curse of being a minority in opinions and thoughts.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
My limit is four legs. Besides things like Octopodes and Squids, if you've got more than four legs you terrify me.

That's why Centipedes are evil.
I usually get over my irrational fears of a certain insect rather quickly if I find out they won't bite me.

That's part of the reason why I'm completely okay with millipedes but creeped out by centipedes. Kinda weird since both look identical, but it works.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Hell, Sonic 1-3 didn't do it.

The Sonic games (except Spinball) are among the few Genesis games that don't have the distinctive "twang" sound to it's music.
I don't wanna leave Chaotix hanging.

This stuff is good.

I mean the songs could’ve worked if it wasn’t for the soundfont:

Sound much better now don’t they?
Same case with Sonic 4 music.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Little spiders aren't too scary.

Big spiders make me nervous but I can get by.

Any spider on you is **** your pants scary for at least 20 seconds.

D

Deleted member

smash composers be like:

*castlevania remix noises*

seriously i always put on the youtube playlist of all castlevania songs in smash and just put it in the background while i do other things

even if i have trouble concentrating on like hw or w/e it's ****ing worth it

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
smash composers be like:

*castlevania remix noises*

seriously i always put on the youtube playlist of all castlevania songs in smash and just put it in the background while i do other things

even if i have trouble concentrating on like hw or w/e it's ****ing worth it
Hopefully they’d be the same way with Ninja Gaiden’s music if Ryu makes it in cause there’s a lot of music I would love to hear them remix.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Smash Ultimate online is the worst online experience I think I've ever had with a game period.

My rules are 7:00 3 stock Battlefield

Simple and fair right?

WHY PAIR ME UP WITH A GUY USING STAGE HAZARDS, ITEMS, AND SMASH BALLS?

IT'S BEEN A DECAD, ENOUGH!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hopefully they’d be the same way with Ninja Gaiden’s music if Ryu makes it in cause there’s a lot of music I would love to hear them remix.
hopefully they do the same by adding literally any xenoblade x music, like, at all

it doesn't even need to be remixed please nintendo you added songs from the other two xenoblade games i beg you i just want that juicy sawano ost

R O F L

Smash Ace
Y'all talk about your music. I'm just gonna sit here and be upset that the best OST is world history, DKC2, only has 3 songs.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Smash Ultimate online is the worst online experience I think I've ever had with a game period.

My rules are 7:00 3 stock Battlefield

Simple and fair right?

WHY PAIR ME UP WITH A GUY USING STAGE HAZARDS, ITEMS, AND SMASH BALLS?

IT'S BEEN A DECAD, ENOUGH!
where do you live? I haven't had that problem in months.

Pakky

Smash Hero
where do you live? I haven't had that problem in months.
Chicago.

Had a really hard couple of matches with a GOOD :ultkirby:

Then this asshole shows up with their :ultkingdedede: on Magicant. Items and Smash Balls on.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
nintendo players: hey this smash online sucks can you maybe fix thi-

nintendo: ANIMAL CROSSING BAY - BEEEEEEEEE

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
hopefully they do the same by adding literally any xenoblade x music, like, at all

it doesn't even need to be remixed please nintendo you added songs from the other two xenoblade games i beg you i just want that juicy sawano ost
I can think of a few songs I want “coughUncontrollablecough”

Ninja Gaiden music is the **** lol:

Agreed, there’s quite a few songs I want myself:
So here's the list of Ninja Gaiden songs I wanted that I mentioned earlier...
-Opening Medley (The Duel, Vow of Revenge) ~ Ninja Gaiden NES
-Pushing Onward (1-1) ~ Ninja Gaiden NES
-Boss Battle ~ Ninja Gaiden NES
-Rugged Terrain (2-2) ~ Ninja Gaiden NES
-Seeking Truth (5-3) ~ Ninja Gaiden NES
-Nowhere to Run (3-2) ~ Ninja Gaiden NES
-Devilish Influence (6-4) ~ Ninja Gaiden NES
-Unbreakable Determination (4-2) ~ Ninja Gaiden NES
-Depth of Wickedness (5-1) ~ Ninja Gaiden NES
-Motion of the Ninja (1-1) ~ Ninja Gaiden II
-Battling Precariously (2-2) ~ Ninja Gaiden II
-Domination of Darkness (3-1) ~ Ninja Gaiden II
-Tower of Lahja (3-2) ~ Ninja Gaiden II
-Deep Within the Heart (5-1) ~ Ninja Gaiden II
-Weapons Lab (1-1) ~ Ninja Gaiden III
-The Lava Tunnels (2-2) ~ Ninja Gaiden III
-The Watery Depths (3-2) ~ Ninja Gaiden III
-Inverted Catwalk (4-1) ~ Ninja Gaiden III
-Castle Rock Entry Hall (4-2) ~ Ninja Gaiden III

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

if Banjo ever gets in Smash I hope they remix Spiral Mountain turning an already amazing song into an even better song. Mr. Grant Kirkhope is a Genius.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Chicago.

Had a really hard couple of matches with a GOOD :ultkirby:

Then this ******* shows up with their :ultkingdedede: on Magicant. Items and Smash Balls on.
And now I'm heated and need to stop playing.

God Damn Nintendo call Xbox to fix your ****.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of Jonny Atma, what are everyone's favorite remixes of his?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom