• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
He had *no eyes* in his debut appearance, due to the graphical limitations of the NES. He just had his mask, with a rectangular hole (instead of the slanted one we know now). In his second appearance, he had yellow eyes, and always has.

His eyes did change color in the Kirby cartoon, though, for unclear reasons.
According to the Kirby wiki, Meta Knight's eye-color changes in the anime were supposed to represent his emotions.

"His eyes also change color with his emotions in the anime. When they are blue, he feels happy or content; pink, he is amused, or something grabbed his attention; green, he is in deep thought, focused on something, or solving a problem. When they turn dark red, he is angry, or possibly disturbed or suspicious. If they ever flash a mix of colors, he feels all the emotions that he is flashing."

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
According to the Kirby wiki, Meta Knight's eye-color changes in the anime were supposed to represent his emotions.

"His eyes also change color with his emotions in the anime. When they are blue, he feels happy or content; pink, he is amused, or something grabbed his attention; green, he is in deep thought, focused on something, or solving a problem. When they turn dark red, he is angry, or possibly disturbed or suspicious. If they ever flash a mix of colors, he feels all the emotions that he is flashing."
Makes sense. With no facial expressions and no capacity for body language since his body consists of an orb with feet and hands, that's one way of doing things.

That was such a goofy fun show. When are we gonna get this as an alt costume in Smash?

D

Deleted member

Pokémon
:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar:
B4DBCDC3-9AA3-4FFE-9F6B-8D4F86781A40.png

Once I finish the rest I’m gonna make a thread that has these stills so you can use them

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Ask @NonSpecificGuy i don’t know if that was his intention.

IN MY TIME THERE’LL BE NO ONE ELSE
Well, if nobody is going to finish, I guess I'll take up the reins.

*GASP*

CRIME, IT'S THE WAY I FLY TO YOU (snake eater)

I'M STILL IN A DREAM, SNAKE EATER

SOMEDAY YOU GO THROUGH THE RAIN

SOMEDAY YOU FEED ON A TREE FROG

IT'S ORDEAL, THE TRIAL TO SURVIVE

FOR THE DAY WE SEE NEW LIGHT

I GIVE MY LIFE

NOT FOR HONOR, BUT FOR YOU (snake eater)

IN MY TIME THERE'LL BE NO ONE ELSE

CRIME, IT'S THE WAY I FLY TO YOU (snake eater)

I'M STILL IN A DREAM, SNAKE EATER.

Perfection.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Here, feel free to yell at me some more about staying calm and to stop taking these so seriously.
A minor development in the tweet I posted yesterday, but a development nonetheless. Note that the reply has since been deleted, meaning either nothing or everything.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Here, feel free to yell at me some more about staying calm and to stop taking these so seriously.
Either this is an NFL/Maroon 5 level of teasing what people want just to guarantee attention, or it's a razor's edge away from breaking NDA.

Shroob

Sup?
And the guillotine dangling ever soo dangerously over this entire conversation:

She also voices Edlegard, the producer or whatever of Wayforward congratulating her on this is completely meaningless, since he of all people would know how important this NDA would be.

If she IS in Smash, it'd Edlegard, not Shantae, that's my opinion.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Tfw you gather all of your stuff, shut down your computer, turn off your office light, head out, workmate taps you on the shoulder, they tap their watch, I look at the time, realize I still have an hour left to work. FML.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If it's Edalgard
angry marth.png

FIFTEEN GAMES, NINTENDO.
FIFTEEN GAMES AND YOU PICK THE CHARACTER THAT DOESN'T EVEN EXIST YET.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
AT LEAST IT'S AN AXE USER.
NO.
At MOST it's an axe user.

An axe user that neither has the fan following nor history as Fire Emblem's most popular axe user and one of the first international lords at that.
Hector stare.png

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
On another note, I remember seeing another character mentioned via Tales of Berseria...

Wardrobe may be a tad problematic, but the demon hand is all I need to say yes.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Also.

Everyone says Fire Emblem is "Japanese pandering"

:ultroy::ultcorrin::ultrobin::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultike::ultchrom:

*****, THAT'S PATRIOTIC AS ****. FIRE EMBLEM IS 'MURICAN.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
There are three things guaranteed in life:

Death

Taxes

A Pokemon and Fire Emblem rep that promote the newest game.
At least in Pokemon's case it's a game that's already out and there's some guarantee that people will like the choice.

With Fire Emblem, both their promo characters weren't even released yet (except for Corrin only in JP), and ones that people didn't like once those games did come out. Apparently all of Roy's popularity is exclusively because he was in Melee, and not because of the merits of his actual character or home game.

D

Deleted member

At this point, if we get another FE character, I'm pretty much gonna chalk it up to Sakurai just outright liking the franchise a lot.

I'm not against it, but I also won't lie and say it wouldn't be even more boring than Ken in terms of surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What if instead of just Edelguard it’s a Pokémon Trainer style character that switches between all three. I mean, it is THREE Houses. Would make the character more interesting imo.

Shroob

Sup?
At least in Pokemon's case it's a game that's already out and there's some guarantee that people will like the choice.

With Fire Emblem, both their promo characters weren't even released yet (except for Corrin only in JP), and ones that people didn't like once those games did come out. Apparently all of Roy's popularity is exclusively because he was in Melee, and not because of the merits of his actual character or home game.
At this point though, would it 'really' surprise anyone if one of our DLC 5 is a Fire Emblem character?

It's such a "Nintendo" thing.

"Hey, here's JOKER from Persona 5!"

"Hey, here's ERDRICK from the ridiculously popular and iconic Dragon Quest franchise!"

"...also uh, here's another Fire Emblem character.... What? You knew what you were getting into buying the season pass."

Noipoi

Howdy!
At this point though, would it 'really' surprise anyone if one of our DLC 5 is a Fire Emblem character?

It's such a "Nintendo" thing.

"Hey, here's JOKER from Persona 5!"

"Hey, here's ERDRICK from the ridiculously popular and iconic Dragon Quest franchise!"

"...also uh, here's another Fire Emblem character.... What? You knew what you were getting into buying the season pass."
"That not exciting enough for ya? Don't worry we've got something really special up next."

"Here's....."

"A new Pokemon!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom