• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Everytime I see "BRoomer", I can not stop thinking of "broomer".
SmashBoards Janitor club or Witch club?
wonder what was wrong with that avatar
Do not be mean to autistic people.
I think the lack of hype for Toy Story 4, in comparison to the previous Toy Story films, is a multi-layered issue.

On one hand you have the fact that, Toy Story aside, Pixar's sequels have had an air of "did this really need to exist" around them, and in general have not been as good as the films that came before them. Finding Dory, The Incredibles 2, Monsters University...all of them have had this trend. They tend to review well, but still feel like unnecessary additions that don't hold up to the originals. The only one that bucks this trend really is, oddly enough, Cars 3, but that's mainly because Cars 2 is widely considered Pixar's single worst movie, and even then Cars 3 got somewhat mixed reception.

It doesn't help that their non-sequel films after Toy Story 3 have been also kind of hit or miss. Inside Out and Coco became beloved instant classics, but Brave kind of got a somewhat middling reception among fans, and The Good Dinosaur is usually considered Pixar's worst film that isn't Cars 2.

But this is further bolstered by the fact that many consider Toy Story to have been the literal perfect trilogy. Given Pixar's recent trend of making sequels that aren't as good as the originals, this is understandably worrisome. People don't want the franchise tarnished. Add in the film's troubled production and this becomes even more apparent.

There's also the social media aspect. The fact that Detective Pikachu got so many more views on its trailer made Toy Story 4 an easy target for memes. Then there's also the fact that the teasers haven't really shown very much. We get to see three new characters, with Forky, Ducky, and Bunny, and we know Bo Peep is back, and that the toys go to a carnival and Buzz is taken as a prize, but beyond that there isn't much to talk about, as they've shown a total of maybe a minute and a half of footage between three teasers.

All of this together creates a sort of mood of apathy, but I have no doubt that will change as the film gets closer to release. Personally, I'm optimistic. I don't think Pixar would screw up their holy grail franchise that literally put them on the map.
Dang, you got a point.
Also wasn't Incredibles 2 better than Incredibles 1 or am I just crazy?

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Literally can't quote a single line the main villain says, quite the opposite honestly.
"Boo."

Aaaaand that's all I can remember. Shan Yu was probably the weakest villain of Disney's Renaissance.

D

Deleted member

THIS WINNIE THE POOH WORLD IN KH3 IS SO FREAKIN WHOLESOME AND I LOVE IT AND AAAAASFSBGDSL

It's really short though, so that's unfortunate.

D

Deleted member

Literally can't quote a single line the main villain says, quite the opposite honestly.
I can say the dialogue from the first scene at the wall of China in spanish without any problem.
That scene got stuck in my mind, mostly the part where the villain burns a flag on the fire.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
OOhhh no I thought you all were talking about MOANA.

Yes, Mulan has a bad villain.

I heard Moana has good villains.
I mean, Moana didn't really have a traditional main villain.

Like, Tamatoa's a one-scene wonder side villain like Kaa. The movie didn't have a Shere Khan, to keep the same analogy.
Mainly because Te Kā is not only more of a force of nature, but also a corrupted version of Te Fiti, due to her heart having been stolen.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
never watched mulan
all i watched was the tom and huckleberry finn anime

this isnt a joke

May I ask what that is?
to quote wikipedia

"Asperger syndrome (AS), also known as Asperger's, is a developmental disorder characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests."

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Also wasn't Incredibles 2 better than Incredibles 1 or am I just crazy?
as much as i enjoyed it and appreciate that it exists, i could write an entire essay on why screenslaver's plan makes 0 sense from start to finish and frequently works again their ultimate aim

i could, but i won't

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I mean, Moana didn't really have a traditional main villain.

Like, Tamatoa's a one-scene wonder side villain like Kaa. The movie didn't have a Shere Khan, to keep the same analogy.
Mainly because Te Kā is not only more of a force of nature, but also a corrupted version of Te Fiti, due to her heart having been stolen.
Gosh darn it Opossum! I was just about to post the exact same thing.

But yeah, Moana doesn't really have a traditional main Disney villain.

I'm not sure what that means in terms of how memorable the villains (or antagonists is probably more appropriate) are, but I personally don't see them standing out among other Disney villains.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To add to this: Mulan did everything Frozen tried to more meaningfully.
Eh?

I mean, I love Mulan, but Mulan and Frozen have completely different themes and intent. They weren't doing the same thing at all. They weren't trying to either.

D

Deleted member

never watched mulan
all i watched was the tom and huckleberry finn anime

this isnt a joke

to quote wikipedia

"Asperger syndrome (AS), also known as Asperger's, is a developmental disorder characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests."
Ahh, I see. Thank you.
You alright?

D

Deleted member

as much as i enjoyed it and appreciate that it exists, i could write an entire essay on why screenslaver's plan makes 0 sense from start to finish and frequently works again their ultimate aim

i could, but i won't
Yeah, the villain is the main thing that separates it from the first quality-wise for me. I expected the villain to be predictable, but I didn't expect the villain to just not make any sense.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Okay, I was just playing Splatoon 2 and I got 5 matches in a row with people on my team doing nothing.
Srsly, why don't people actually like playing the game.

Is there a video game y'all just despise greatly
I don't really despise it greatly, but I really dislike Super Mario 3D World.

Every time I try to play it I end up turning it off and playing another 3D Mario game.

i've played it before

but now im buying it again for nostalgia

i just hope the switch vanilla is updated with the new PC stuff
Switch is actually ahead of the PC edition with updates, now.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
All I want is an Incredibles movie when they actually stop the Underminer.

Like, he was teased at in Incredibles 1, was there in the beginning of 2, but he disappeared to make room for Screenslaver. Like, his arc isn't complete.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
so is elsa immune to hypothermia

im alive so i think so
On one hand the cold never bothered her anyway.

On the other hand Frozen Fever shows she can still catch colds, so who knows?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Like, he was teased at in Incredibles 1, was there in the beginning of 2, but he disappeared to make room for Screenslaver. Like, his arc isn't complete.
rise of the underminer is a national treasure and you should play it

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

I mean... he has a grand total of like... 5 minutes of screen time.

They could always bring him back for future installments, but we literally have like almost no plot related to him to really even call it an arc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You don't catch the common cold through expose of cold temperature though.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why does adam levine do anything. who likes him

who gets home after a long day and goes "oh boy I can't wait to listen to some maroon 5"

why did he take his shirt off. who was sitting at home, panties moistened, ****ing waiting for that

why has nobody SHOT adam levine
The NFL thought it was a good idea...and now Adam has to face Doodlebob
Which was more disappointing?

The Grinch leak being fake or the Super Bowl not playing Sweet Victory?
Spongebob easily
I am still very mad about the whole super bowl thing.
I wanted to see Spongebob in the Super Bowl really badly, and I am not even a sports guy.
Who decided that cutting footage of Sweet Victory and then adding Sicko Mode was a good idea?
I wish they played the entirety of Sweet Victory in respect.
The NFL thought it was better to have Sicko Mode than to air more Spongebob than they already did (a person from Nickelodeon talked about it)

D

Deleted member

The Underminer always reminded me of a Dark Knight trilogy character, I do not know why.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

i dont think colds are necessarily being vulnerable from the cold, i think its just bacteria and ****

D

Deleted member

King Candy
Uggh what a bland villain. You knew he was evil, and he was never interesting. You see him do all of these sketchy things, and it was no shocker. He was not a nice character or even a very evil character. Boring villain in my opinion. Wreck it Ralph was good overall though.

Also do not argue with me here, Wreck it Ralph 2 is superior to the first Wreck it Ralph.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You don't catch the common cold through expose of cold temperature though.
Where I was going with that was more so "immunity to her own powers didn't help her immune system, so who knows if it could prevent hypothermia." :p Then again for her to even produce frozen water in the first place her body temperature would likely need to be far below what is normally possible, so I guess by proxy she's immune to hypothermia.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Also do not argue with me here, Wreck it Ralph 2 is superior to the first Wreck it Ralph.
Not going to lie, I feel like finale to the sequel was really bland, and it left me uninterested. I was kinda just waiting for it to be over. And yeah, King Candy was predictable, but still a fun character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom