• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Minecraft is a good game, actually. Hope ya have fun!
i've played it before

but now im buying it again for nostalgia

i just hope the switch vanilla is updated with the new PC stuff

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I actually enjoyed Frozen myself.

I hated everything that came after Frozen.

I'm somewhat hopefully for the sequel, but I'm not banking on it being as good as the first.
Frozen was actually pretty good.
I used to hate on it because it thought it was so overrated. Coming back to it, I do not hate it anymore.
Do all of you remember when it dominated the markets?

Last edited by a moderator:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I enjoyed Frozen as well. It's a good movie.

It was the 2-3 years of post-Frozen marketing that got me to hate it. I can only hear Let It Go so many times in one lifetime.
This right here. It was actually a solid Disney movie with some neat ideas. The pop culture infestation it unleashed afterwards has made me quite content never to watch it or the sequel.

D

Deleted member

Is there a video game y'all just despise greatly
LEGO Star Wars 2 for NDS.

If you think Sonic ‘06 is broken, then you will have a worse time with that game.
How broken it is? Well... The secret level unlocked after completing the game looks strangely like a random development test level disguised as a hidden bonus.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I used to hate on it because it thought it was so overrated. Coming back to it, I do not hate it anymore.
Most of you remember when it dominated the markets?
Yes... very much so.

As a major Disney fan, it annoyed me how much they were banking on Frozen in the years after release.

I understand why they did it, but I'm still not too happy about it.

And it's gonna start all over again this year.

... Yay.

D

Deleted member

Sorry for being insensitive, I had no idea. :(
Hope things get better for you.
It’s alright.
People have told me worse, and at least you apologized.

I am also one to blame doh, since it is harder for me these days to get any kind of joke (the Erdricks discussions are sadly an example of this).

D

Deleted member

Is it me, or Toy Story 4 has very little hype surrounding it?
No one is talking about it for some reason.
I am guessing Detective Pikachu, Toy Story 3 hitting with a good conclusion, and something else.
Why is it not getting a lot of attention?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Is it me, or Toy Story 4 has very little hype?
I am guessing Detective Pikachu, Toy Story 3 hitting with a good conclusion, and something else.
Probably Detective Pikachu.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
if people wanted to talk about movies theyd probably be talking about things that are coming sooner

like avengers

D

Deleted member

I personally think Toy Story 4 trailers are making it look like crap. Hope Pixar proves me wrong.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I think because the series ended on a perfect note, and now people are kind of tired of the idea of it continuing on

D

Deleted member

This right here. It was actually a solid Disney movie with some neat ideas. The pop culture infestation it unleashed afterwards has made me quite content never to watch it or the sequel.
Exactly my thoughts.
if people wanted to talk about movies theyd probably be talking about things that are coming sooner

like avengers
Makes sense. Detective Pikachu has like fifty times more hype than Toy Story 4 does on Social Media, and I think both are coming out in the same time.
i've played it before

but now im buying it again for nostalgia

i just hope the switch vanilla is updated with the new PC stuff
I highly recommend you get bedrock edition.

Coming from a Java user. :lol:

D

Deleted member

Probably just because there's not much shown or to be excited about. That and people seem to be pretty meh on pixar sequels in general.

Also I think you just have to look in the right circles. For instance, in non-marvel circles I have not seen anyone ever talk about Endgame for someone reason unlike Infinity War where I saw a ton of speculation. It's weird.

D

Deleted member

Hey dose anyone like the smash character portraits I used for the smash wallpapers I made?
154366A5-D028-4D8C-B43A-E32CED93720F.jpeg

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
uh excuse me but
there's a Toy Story 4 happening? I literally didn't even know that...goes to show ya what kind of rock I live under. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D

Deleted member

uh excuse me but
there's a Toy Story 4 happening? I literally didn't even know that...goes to show ya what kind of rock I live under. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, there's been teasers and such for quite some time. But they're all pretty short and easy to miss TBH.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Amy.

It is the single worst game I have ever played in my lifetime. There are games I dislike but I can always find something to compliment about them. But Amy is nothing but garbage.

I wouldn't recommend anyone play it even if they got it for free, except to use it as an example of everything not to do in a videogame.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Do all of you remember when it dominated the markets?
I don’t hate it, but I just don’t think it deserved highest grossing animated film, then again if it’s to beat out Minions then I can’t complain too much.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Just a guess, but nobody asked for Toy Story 4. No one really asked for TS3, either, but it was a fantastic movie and a phenomenal ending to one of the highest quality trilogies in cinema. Every movie was gold.

So now almost a decade later we're getting another one and it's like, "Okay? What other story could you possibly need to tell with these characters?" I'm sure it won't be a bad movie, but I'm also sure there's nothing they could do to surprise me or make me feel like this movie was necessary. What is there to get hyped about?

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Very original answer but Sonic 06. Like it's a super dead horse but I've never seen a game do literally everything wrong that it tries to do.
What makes it especially bad was how ambitious it was, and how LONG it is. So they tried to do this weird mishmash of ideas with a time limit and a split dev team instead of streamlining it to be a more focused experience. I literally wrote a paper and and made an entire video essay dedicated to why every single thing about the game is done incorrectly. (never uploaded it bc it is kind of done to death at this point)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh. Oh.

Holy **** they're making another terrible Resident Evil CGI movie and this one allegedly stars Jill finally.

Why do I like these things.
They're better than the live action ones, at least....I always found them to be decent time wasters

as a side note I have not played Terraria in for-freakin-ever...or Starbound for that matter

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Just a guess, but nobody asked for Toy Story 4. No one really asked for TS3, either, but it was a fantastic movie and a phenomenal ending to one of the highest quality trilogies in cinema. Every movie was gold.

So now almost a decade later we're getting another one and it's like, "Okay? What other story could you possibly need to tell with these characters?" I'm sure it won't be a bad movie, but I'm also sure there's nothing they could do to surprise me or make me feel like this movie was necessary. What is there to get hyped about?
This is why I'm not that hyped about TS4. Like, it ended perfectly with 3, Andy grew up, the toys got a new owner, one last playtime with the toys, Andy found out the secret that the toys were alive, like the story closed in the best possible way.

While I have no doubts TS4 will be great, I'm just confused why they didn't just let it be.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
They're better than the live action ones, at least....I always found them to be decent time wasters
They are SO ridiculous and over the top with terrible acting. I'm ashamed I like them.

My brother and I watched Vendetta in the movie theater on its single day release. We also just watched Degeneration last week after all our RE2 hype.

EDIT: Wait no this is a MUCH better illustration of how over the top it is. One-on-one pistol wrestling.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I will say there is one part in Frozen that has both bugged and amused me at the same time:

Kristoff: “Wait, you were about to get married to a guy you met that day?!”
Anna: “What are you? Some kind of love expert or something?”
Kristoff: “No...but I have friends who are.”

A few scenes later, said love experts attempt to marry Anna to ANOTHER guy she just met. There’s probably a bit more context I’m missing but just how did that get overlooked in the script?

Last edited:

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
So, uh...
Frozen is actually my favorite movie ever and I'm kinda ****ting myself that the sequel is coming out this year. Don't shoot me plz. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Space Ace. Mainly because of this jerk laughing at your face every time you died (which was frequent. The same devs that made Dragon’s Lair made Space Ace so you can probably guess how difficult it was)

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Yeah Toy Story 3 was one of those movies that perfectly concluded a story arc. There was no real need or desire for a 4th Toy Story.

I would say I'm 100% confident in Pixar's abilities... but then I remembered that this exists:
220px-Cars_2_Poster.jpg

So jury's out for me, until we get a better understanding of what the movie is actually about.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Very original answer but Sonic 06. Like it's a super dead horse but I've never seen a game do literally everything wrong that it tries to do.
What makes it especially bad was how ambitious it was, and how LONG it is. So they tried to do this weird mishmash of ideas with a time limit and a split dev team instead of streamlining it to be a more focused experience. I literally wrote a paper and and made an entire video essay dedicated to why every single thing about the game is done incorrectly. (never uploaded it bc it is kind of done to death at this point)
You should publish it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah Toy Story 3 was one of those movies that perfectly concluded a story arc. There was no real need or desire for a 4th Toy Story.

I would say I'm 100% confident in Pixar's abilities... but then I remembered that this exists:
View attachment 190682

So jury's out for me, until we get a better understanding of what the movie is actually about.
so like what organ activates the headlights

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I just realized that in every Smash game aside from 64, the worst characters have been veterans. Kinda odd.

That being said, I firmly believe that Melee Bowser is worse than Kirby, I will argue this to the death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom