• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Update on our game thing:

We have a name now, and we actually have a small team of writers and voice actors! We also have a programmer and modeller too, of course. I'm going to be more secretive about the project from now on. Here's the title for the game!
UNDEAD UNDERDOG.png

D

Deleted member

Is it strange I’m in the process of creating an Original Storyline?

No it ain’t a Sonic OS.
Is it 100% original?
As if, an original story with made-up characters in a world or universe that you made by yourself and isn’t shared with the universe of an existing story?

Because that would be dope.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Update on our game thing:

We have a name now, and we actually have a small team of writers and voice actors! We also have a programmer and modeller too, of course. I'm going to be more secretive about the project from now on. Here's the title for the game!
so he's not just a vegetable boy?

disappointed

D

Deleted member

Might as well share my full Music tastes.

I’d say it’s mostly Metal and David Wise (his music deserves to be its own genre) with a bit Classic/Orchestral, and most of this is made up of Video Game music somehow.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Is it 100% original?
As if, an original story with made-up characters in a world or universe that you made by yourself and isn’t shared with the universe of an existing story?

Because that would be dope.
It’s inspired by other works, but everything is original.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
As far as my musical tastes go, I obviously like VGM, but I also like rock, but not like heavy metal. I don't actively listen to rap, but I don't mind if it played on the radio.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
View attachment 190667

That's some sophisticated taste you've got there, pal.
You listen to Dragon 3 yet? I'm waiting until I've seen the film, but I'm pumped to hear the grand finale!

So this is music talk...?
I really only care for VGM, but I am picky at that. I seem to favor various boss themes, I don't have any interest in songs with lyrics though, so consider me interested in the beat/tempo/tone of a song.
You should try film music. Pretty much the same thing :p

I hate every form of country except old Western songs.

This is some tense fire.
Did someone just bring up MORRICONE in this thread?? I haven't been this delighted in a while :pimp:

Last edited:

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
As long as your music tastes are yours, I’ll accept it.
Fair enough.
Ugh..I guess I only really like classical music, jazz, R&B, Pop (some hip-hop) VGM, and EDM. I'm also into a lot of fantasy scores, too. And I just kind of listen to anything that comes on the radio, heh... I really just don't like listing my music interests because they're all over the place, and I'm kind of illiterate when it comes to music.

D

Deleted member

We're talking about music? ok.

This might be odd to most people, but I dislike all lyrics I can understand. It makes me feel like i'm listening to someone talk rather than listening to nice-sounding music. I like vocals as an instrument, not really when I understand them, so other languages I don't understand or just non-words are perfectly fine.
Other than that, I'm fine with pretty much all kinds of music.
Well what if the lyrics are just one thing like “ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass”? Nothing really being told there.

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow I am going to start playing Terraria.
Sorry for the whole drama.
Do any of you like Terraria? Tell me how you all feel about the game!

Noipoi

Howdy!
You listen to Dragon 3 yet? I'm waiting until I've seen the film, but I'm pumped to hear the grand finale!
I've sworn to wait until I see the movie, soundtracks can be spoilers themselves. Besides, it'll be more powerful to hear it for the first time during the film.

18 days left!

D

Deleted member

Music? I'm not really much of a Music fanatic I mostly listen to Remixes of Songs I like from Video games I play but one thing I do know is Country is the worst type of music out there in my opinion. As an Examples of my music taste I really like these; First Second Third Fourth Fifth Sixth

Edit: For other genres though, I don't really have a favorite it just varies depending on what Song I'm listening to. Except Country of course, unless it's David WIse country/Banjo music cause David wise is a genius.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I've sworn to wait until I see the movie, soundtracks can be spoilers themselves. Besides, it'll be more powerful to hear it for the first time during the film.

18 days left!
I am so excited for Dragon 3 too! I plan on seeing 1 and 2 sometime before the movie.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I’ve determined people who spoil things for other people are genuine evil.

I mean... on Steam you can change your username to anything so guess what people change it too?

This is also why I took a 3 week break from TF2. I wanted to dodge WOL spoilers!

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord

18 days left!
Same. It's so tempting when everyone in the film score community is pumped and won't shut up about it though :laugh:

Lollipopped

Smash Lord

This might be odd to most people, but I dislike all lyrics I can understand. It makes me feel like i'm listening to someone talk rather than listening to nice-sounding music. I like vocals as an instrument, not really when I understand them, so other languages I don't understand or just non-words are perfectly fine.
Other than that, I'm fine with pretty much all kinds of music.
Finally someone who shares a similar opinion about lyrics as me. Thought I was literally the only one who felt that way about lyrics.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I actually get that. I've found that when I need to concentrate, any music with English lyrics are problematic. So I've found huge amounts of instrumental or foreign music as a result. Sometimes not understanding the words makes a sung song all the more beautiful. You're focusing on the voice and not the meaning.

Maybe that's why Nier Automata's soundtrack uses a nonsense language. NineS NineS ?

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I’ve determined people who spoil things for other people are genuine evil.

I mean... on Steam you can change your username to anything so guess what people change it too?

This is also why I took a 3 week break from TF2. I wanted to dodge WOL spoilers!
darth vader kills Lilo in KH3

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
ngl this would be a pretty neat remix to put in smash amidst all the battle themes and vocal tracks that usually get tossed around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom