• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I like almost every genre but country.

**** country.

D

Deleted member

I hate reggae.
Reggae can just **** off.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

really rare to find other people into hip-hop on message boards like this.
I usually have to go to /mu/ and even then most people on 4chan are racist not into rap music
Really sucks cause I feel like the genre isn't taken seriously despite the fact that there's a lot going for it
I like hip hop. The only broad genre of music I don’t like is country. LMAO

I’m definitely a metalhead more than anything though when it comes to music.

Noipoi

Howdy!
**** it i'll share. if you mock me i'll haunt your dreams.

I like all types of music. Pop, Metal, Classical, Techno, Rock. Cheesy teeny-bop songs from the early 2000s. But i'm really into orchestral scores.

John Powell keeps me alive. I'll watch ****ty kids movies sometimes, just because his music is in it.

D

Deleted member

I like hip hop. The only broad genre of music I don’t like is country. LMAO

I’m definitely a metalhead more than anything though when it comes to music.
The only “genre” I hate is reggae.
That **** can burn in hell.

**** it i'll share. if you mock me i'll haunt your dreams.

I like all types of music. Pop, Metal, Classical, Techno, Rock. Cheesy teeny-bop songs from the early 2000s. But i'm really into orchestral scores.

John Powell keeps me alive. I'll watch ****ty kids movies sometimes, just because his music is in it.
I don’t see reggae.
So you are completely fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The type of music I like to listen to?
I have terrible taste in music, but I do not care.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
really rare to find other people into hip-hop on message boards like this.
I usually have to go to /mu/ and even then most people on 4chan are racist not into rap music
Really sucks cause I feel like the genre isn't taken seriously despite the fact that there's a lot going for it
Real music talk: I've heard some great Hip-Hop, but by and large the genre does nothing for me. Sicko Mode just came across as a lot of genre cliches over a super simple beat. I'm surprised to hear you have a hard time finding people to talk about it with though. Seems pretty popular everywhere I look.

I ain't sharing my music tastes. It's far too unorthodox.
Share! I've always considered my tastes eclectic, so I'm curious what someone else considers "unorthodox" :)

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
You already coming at me with quality taste? Alright.

Denzel is like my 3rd favorite behind Ski and Tyler.
Honestly wasn't a Tyler guy until bee album
Like wolf was good but his old music is plagued with gay slurs and complaining about critics.

Ski Mask still hot tho one of the best flows in mainstream rap rn

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Real music talk: I've heard some great Hip-Hop, but by and large the genre does nothing for me. Sicko Mode just came across as a lot of genre cliches over a super simple beat. I'm surprised to hear you have a hard time finding people to talk about it with though. Seems pretty popular everywhere I look.
Mo Bamba seems hella more cliche tho if you ask me and the suburban nuclear family rocks that ****.

D

Deleted member

I am not sharing my musical tastes.

Also am I the only one in this thread that actively likes to read?

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Funny how this music discussion started simply because I compared the Grinch hype with the Spongebob hype for Smash and Super Bowl respectively lol.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So this is music talk...?
I really only care for VGM, but I am picky at that. I seem to favor various boss themes, I don't have any interest in songs with lyrics though, so consider me interested in the beat/tempo/tone of a song.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Uh...

I pretty much only listen to video game music. :lol:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

Share! I've always considered my tastes eclectic, so I'm curious what someone else considers "unorthodox" :)
Sicko mode defintely grew on me, as I was very skeptical of Travis Scott due to the fact that I LOVED his 2015 album Rodeo and then his following album was garbage. But honestly I don't even think Sicko Mode is the best song on his newest album, it's only that popular cause of the Drake feature.

Also yes, rap's pretty popular, but not that many people take it seriously. Like not a lot of people are willing to discuss the intricacies of it such as flow, rhyme scheme, wordplay, etc.
Probably due to it being kind of a "pop" genre right now

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I am not sharing my musical tastes.

Also am I the only one in this thread that actively likes to read?
I mean, isn't reading kind of a prerequisite for participating in an internet forum?

I mean besides 4chan.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
So this is music talk...?
I really only care for VGM, but I am picky at that. I seem to favor various boss themes, I don't have any interest in songs with lyrics though, so consider me interested in the beat/tempo/tone of a song.
Uh...

I pretty much only listen to video game music. :lol:
Don't worry. VGM is pretty great too.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Obviously I like a lot of VGM, I just neglect to mention it. I don't wanna perpetuate the stereotype.

Though I guess this is a safe space, huh?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

oh yeah on topic for me it's mostly hip-hop, rap, some vgm, and the very rare overdramatic orchestral score

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Is it strange I’m in the process of creating an Original Storyline?

No it ain’t a Sonic OS.

R O F L

Smash Ace
We're talking about music? ok.

This might be odd to most people, but I dislike all lyrics I can understand. It makes me feel like i'm listening to someone talk rather than listening to nice-sounding music. I like vocals as an instrument, not really when I understand them, so other languages I don't understand or just non-words are perfectly fine.
Other than that, I'm fine with pretty much all kinds of music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom