• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Game - Explain who you most wanted character(s) is in 10 or less words.
Brian: Magic and Staff-wielding badass with a cape
Fulgore: C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker!!
Shadow: Guns, Chaos, And Skate Shoes
Isaac: The power of earth compels you
Perfect Cell: King Dedede but stronger
Agumon: Prepare to digivolve!
Waluigi: Master of the Waa!
Bandanna Waddle Dee: I love the spear
Genesect: Going into Overdrive and firing my lazor

Perfect Cell is legit my favorite DBZ character and he was on my older Smash roster. Albeit, it would obviously be Goku first and I wouldn't be bothered at all if he got in. I honestly am not sure what Gen III Pokemon I want the most anymore. Used to be Deoxys, but things changed. I blame ORAS.

I am aware this was asked around 10 pages ago. >.>

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
so like what organ activates the headlights
reminder that planes, canon to the cars universe, revealed that there was a car WW2, and so there was also a car hitler, a car holocaust, and the plane dropping the first atom bomb was probably keenly aware of the horror he was about to inflict on the cars below

the cars universe is one of those things that only works so long as you never once pause to consider the implications of it

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't hate Frozen. It's a solid movie, but people really really hyped up a lot of things about it that were not true, as well as the post success marketing that dragged it on longer than it needed to be dragged on.

For example on the hyped up things?

''It's the first Disney movie about the complicated relationship between sisters!" Lilo and Stitch.

"It had the first clumsy and adorkable princess in Anna!" Tangled.

''It's the first movie where the romantic ship isn't a central focus!" Well, yeah I guess if you think about Elsa not having one, but Anna's relationship with Kristoff is pretty focused on.

I could keep going. It's a very well made movie with great voice acting, animation, and songs, but it just got way way way too overhyped for it's own good.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I don't hate Frozen. It's a solid movie, but people really really hyped up a lot of things about it that were not true, as well as the post success marketing that dragged it on longer than it needed to be dragged on.

''It's the first Disney movie about the complicated relationship between sisters!" Lilo and Stitch.

''It's the first movie where the romantic ship isn't a central focus!" Well, yeah I guess if you think about Elsa not having one, but Anna's relationship with Kristoff is pretty focused on.

I could keep going. It's a very well made movie with great voice acting, animation, and songs, but it just got way way way too overhyped for it's own good.
I actually agree. Honestly my favorite thing about the movie was the music and the visuals.

D

Deleted member

I just realized Mr. Krabs has a Scottish Flag in his office.
the communist manifesto
Oh...
I was thinking maybe something like Lord of the Rings?

I heavily agree with this post. Frozen was not revolutionary.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I want a Sauron Mii. I'll need the ring, armor and mace (or something very close enough). Besides, I can't unsee the slight similarities to Black Knight...

Rhus

We're going top speed!

To add to this: Mulan did everything Frozen tried to more meaningfully.

D

Deleted member

В Советской России гугл переводит тебя!
To add to this: Mulan did everything Frozen tried to more meaningfully.
I still never saw Mulan, but it looks more appealing than Frozen.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
В Советской России гугл переводит тебя!

I still never saw Mulan, but it looks more appealing than Frozen.
Mulan showed that women were capable of what men were traditionally assigned to do.
Mulan also showed that men were capable of what women were traditionally assigned to do.

Mulan broke so many barriers and spat in the face of tradition in favour of these things. It's a beautiful movie, which means a lot coming from someone who, frankly, barely cares about movies to begin with.

D

Deleted member

sorry i dont speak cold war
Все должны быть многоязычными, хотя.
ooooooooh boy, you need to watch Mulan, its so good
Mulan showed that women were capable of what men were traditionally assigned to do.
Mulan also showed that men were capable of what women were traditionally assigned to do.

Mulan broke so many barriers and spat in the face of tradition in favour of these things. It's a beautiful movie, which means a lot coming from someone who, frankly, barely cares about movies to begin with.
Neat. I heard the movie had good villains.
Edit: I thought you were talking about Moana.
I really need to read a new novel book.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think the lack of hype for Toy Story 4, in comparison to the previous Toy Story films, is a multi-layered issue.

On one hand you have the fact that, Toy Story aside, Pixar's sequels have had an air of "did this really need to exist" around them, and in general have not been as good as the films that came before them. Finding Dory, The Incredibles 2, Monsters University...all of them have had this trend. They tend to review well, but still feel like unnecessary additions that don't hold up to the originals. The only one that bucks this trend really is, oddly enough, Cars 3, but that's mainly because Cars 2 is widely considered Pixar's single worst movie, and even then Cars 3 got somewhat mixed reception.

It doesn't help that their non-sequel films after Toy Story 3 have been also kind of hit or miss. Inside Out and Coco became beloved instant classics, but Brave kind of got a somewhat middling reception among fans, and The Good Dinosaur is usually considered Pixar's worst film that isn't Cars 2.

But this is further bolstered by the fact that many consider Toy Story to have been the literal perfect trilogy. Given Pixar's recent trend of making sequels that aren't as good as the originals, this is understandably worrisome. People don't want the franchise tarnished. Add in the film's troubled production and this becomes even more apparent.

There's also the social media aspect. The fact that Detective Pikachu got so many more views on its trailer made Toy Story 4 an easy target for memes. Then there's also the fact that the teasers haven't really shown very much. We get to see three new characters, with Forky, Ducky, and Bunny, and we know Bo Peep is back, and that the toys go to a carnival and Buzz is taken as a prize, but beyond that there isn't much to talk about, as they've shown a total of maybe a minute and a half of footage between three teasers.

All of this together creates a sort of mood of apathy, but I have no doubt that will change as the film gets closer to release. Personally, I'm optimistic. I don't think Pixar would screw up their holy grail franchise that literally put them on the map.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
wonder what was wrong with that avatar

But it already has lyrics that I'm perfectly capable of understanding ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
dude dont lie, nobody had any idea what the song was saying when k rool first got confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom