• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

We should change this thread's title to something related to anime.

Shroob

Sup?
To 'attempt' to bring the speculation back to Vidja Games....

Back in MY day, the hardest Robot Master?

Air Man, can't beat him. If I had Leaf Shield, but... I can't beat Woodman either.

Double K

Smash Lord
This man said Monty Oum’s action was trash. I cannot relate at all.

Like I said dude, I disagree with you entirely. RWBY has had a multitude issues with the writing, from world building issues, to episodes where literally nothing happens at all. It’s true that the production value skyrocketed, but I fell like it came at the expense of the show’s quality.

Now, shows like Naruto have their own issues absolutely, but I’d rather watch an entire filler arc of Naruto than Volume 7 of RWBY.
Monty's action was floaty and abused the Inverse Laws of Ninjas way too often. Also remember, he died before S3 was being animated, which aside from exclusively Yang v Neo in S2, were better than the ones he directed.

No fight scenes is not the same as 'nothing happening.' V4~6 took episodes to slow down the pace to talk with the characters. Remember, we knew nothing about either Ren or Nora until we got their flashback episodes, beyond Nora being a crazy chick, and Ren being a bland FF character. Then V4 happens and wow, we learn abotu why they're so close, their relationship progresses and they get an entire arc.

Yeah, nothing happns my ass.

Also, I'm talking Naruto manga. Filler was the best part of Naruto because Kishimoto wasn't writing it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Again, 0 context here, but if executed correctly, that could be an interesting twist.

Like, you've got this group of people, numbered by strength from 0-9, right?

But, the strongest one, #0, disguises himself as number 10. Thus, people think he's the weakest one. Because of this, #0 would get tons of challengers/fights, and beat them down. This would lead people to believe that #s 1-9 are even stronger than this already strong guy, staving them off fighting the other 9 and leaving them be, when in reality, 1-9 are actually weaker than that guy, but they don't know that.

I dunno, that sounds interesting, but I dunno how it was actually handled in the real deal, since I have 0 knowledge of Bleach either.
The thing about it is that there's no build up and it's clear Kubo just came up with it on the spot.

Yammy (#0/#10) plays the role of lackey to Ulquiorra (#4) when the two first show up; and the group in general seem to have a power hierarchy where the stronger ones have more authority.

D

Deleted member

About Jump Force earlier, I... I dunno. It looks great, but the character models and their designs to fit the artstyle just ain't it. I mean, look at Jotaro and DIO. ESPECIALLY DIO. They're completely devoid of part of the JoJo charm.

...um, I....png

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've spent the last 40 minutes in the training room practice the same Squirtle ladder combo over and over again. I never had the patience to do anything like that in Smash 4. My competitive drive is just so much stronger in this game for some reason. I'm not sure if it's the GSP system or the fact that I'll be moving to an area with a tourny scene soon or what.

I'd probably have that Squirtle combo down by now if the c-stick buffering system wasn't so weird in this game. Even though I'm pressing up on the c-stick, it'll sometimes buffer a Fair instead of a Uair if I press the button too early.

...I should probably go to sleep soon.

Shroob

Sup?
I've spent the last 40 minutes in the training room practice the same Squirtle ladder combo over and over again. I never had the patience to do anything like that in Smash 4. My competitive drive is just so much stronger in this game for some reason. I'm not sure if it's the GSP system or the fact that I'll be moving to an area with a tourny scene soon or what.

I'd probably have that Squirtle combo down by now if the c-stick buffering system wasn't so weird in this game. Even though I'm pressing up on the c-stick, it'll sometimes buffer a Fair instead of a Uair if I press the button too early.

...I should probably go to sleep soon.
Probably has a lot to do with the fact that Ultimate competitive scene feels so open and fresh.

Like, look at the last big tournament, sure you had suspected good characters, but each of the people in the top 8 used a different character.

The meta will settle down later, but right now? **** it, play what you want, the world's your oyster.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'd joke about sex appeal but all women in One Piece look the same so that can't be it
All women in One Piece look the same except when they don't.

Occasionally Oda deviates from his "standard female body type", the biggest instances of variation being Amazon Lily and Whole Cake Island, where all the women look super different, there's also Zou but that's a community of Anthros so they're going to look different.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
All women in One Piece look the same except when they don't.

Occasionally Oda deviates from his "standard female body type", the biggest instances of variation being Amazon Lily and Whole Cake Island, where all the women look super different, there's also Zou but that's a community of Anthros so they're going to look different.
Oh Oda actually does know to change that up? Thank god. My manga box only goes up to Sand Crocodile and I kept getting confused between Nami and what's-her-name due to them looking ****ing identical

D

Deleted member

Monty's action was floaty and abused the Inverse Laws of Ninjas way too often. Also remember, he died before S3 was being animated, which aside from exclusively Yang v Neo in S2, were better than the ones he directed.

No fight scenes is not the same as 'nothing happening.' V4~6 took episodes to slow down the pace to talk with the characters. Remember, we knew nothing about either Ren or Nora until we got their flashback episodes, beyond Nora being a crazy chick, and Ren being a bland FF character. Then V4 happens and wow, we learn abotu why they're so close, their relationship progresses and they get an entire arc.

Yeah, nothing happns my ***.

Also, I'm talking Naruto manga. Filler was the best part of Naruto because Kishimoto wasn't writing it.
Again, I do not see how you can think Monty Oum's action was bad, but whatever.

Ren and Nora were probably the only good thing to come out of Volume 4. Everything else was super boring to me, especially Blake's segment of V4. V5 wasn't better. For literally half of the volume, everyone was standing around and talking. That was it. And when we did get to the climatic battle of V5, it was so poorly handled. Multpile fights were offscreen, the animation was shaky at best, and the whole thing with "Oh no! Weiss might die!" thing was a massive cop-out. V6 looked like it was getting better, but then around the end they killed off Adam, one of their main villains, for a no-substance shipping that was pushed by fans.

Naruto went to ****, I'm not even going to try and defend that disaster of a Great Ninja War arc. But at least before then, there was Shikamaru's arc with the death of Azama and him struggling to move past said character's death and take up the mantle. At least there was the Itachi Pursit Arc with the amazing fight between Sasuke and Itachi. At least the Pain Arc provided what I thought to be great development for Naruto and a really solid battle between him and Pain.

Look, you want to think RWBY is better than Naruto, the by all means think that. But as long as I live, I will never support RWBY ever again. Disappoint me once, shame on you. Disappoint me twice, shame on me. Disappoint me three times, and you're one of the those guys.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Look, you want to think RWBY is better than Naruto, the by all means think that. But as long as I live, I will never support RWBY ever again. Disappoint me once, shame on you. Disappoint me twice, shame on me. Disappoint me three times, and you're one of the those guys.
Out of curiosity: Who are "those guys"?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh Oda actually does know to change that up? Thank god. My manga box only goes up to Sand Crocodile and I kept getting confused between Nami and what's-her-name due to them looking ****ing identical
You're talking about Vivi.

Here's the arc artwork for Amazon Lily, I won't post a direct picture of it. The three female characters shown are the Boa Sisters (Hancock being the one in the middle).

This was the last main villain before the current one, her nickname is "Big Mom" (this is a very accurate moniker, for the record, she's not only a giant, but pretty much all the antagonists and some of the allies were her children).

Also, gotta bring up Otohime, one of the historical characters.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
but then around the end they killed off Adam, one of their main villains, for a no-substance shipping that was pushed by fans .
What could they POSSIBLY have done for Adam? He's irredeemable, gotten control of power of the White Fang, got rebelled against for being a terrible leader with bad priorities, etc. All you could do is 'give him more power to make him a bigger threat meaning he needs to be taken down', which they already DID. Now that Adam's dead, both Blake and Yang can develop further as characters, especially Blake as a lot of her development has been about her past, especially as Adam was canonically abusive towards her when they were a couple.

Oh, and what do you mean with "no substance?" Sure, you can ignore how Yang literally cried when she saw Blake was about to die, how she was depressed and frustrated at the end of volume 3 but is shortly shown laughing about her new handicap, implying she was upset about Blake running, ignoring the amount of times the crew teased it including Blake's actress getting flustered about Yang's new arm having a 'vibrate' function according to Yang's actress, the jokes about Blake wanting to sleep with Yang in one of the RWBY CHIBI skits and if you ignore their bond and chemistry, then perhaps you'd have a point. God, RWBY's been ok on average but please stop bull****ting

EDIT:
https://www.reddit.com/r/RWBY/comments/8flee2/bumblebee_a_look_at_all_evidence_towards_the_ship/
LOOKY HERE LOTS OF MOMENTS ONE COULD CONSIDER AS BUILD UP BETWEEN THEM

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I can't believe I found that goddamn newgrounds flash.

It's not even on Newgrounds anymore, but someone preserved it.

Jesus the 'art' they used for the fanservice wall scroll of that Naruto Opening is so bad lol

osby

Smash Obsessed
You're talking about Vivi.

Here's the arc artwork for Amazon Lily, I won't post a direct picture of it. The three female characters shown are the Boa Sisters (Hancock being the one in the middle).

This was the last main villain before the current one, her nickname is "Big Mom" (this is a very accurate moniker, for the record, she's not only a giant, but pretty much all the antagonists and some of the allies were her children).

Also, gotta bring up Otohime, one of the historical characters.
It's a shame that Oda doesn't give female character unique faces more often, because when he does, he can really draw some great ones. Robin is still one of my favorite designs in One Piece, even if she have the same body with most women the manga.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Don't know how this is in the manga, but at some point in the anime, nearly EVERY OP female has large breasts. Even the unnamed females in the background have them.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Masked Marshmallow Masked Marshmallow if you're still doing practice with your sprite work, may I request Galacta Knight from you? If not, that's totally fine. I'm playing catch up with posts from the 28th and am quite enjoying seeing all the posts of your sprite work~

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's a shame that Oda doesn't give female character unique faces more often, because when he does, he can really draw some great ones. Robin is still one of my favorite designs in One Piece, even if she have the same body with most women the manga.
Never forget that the first villain after Chapter 1 was Alvida.
Don't know how this is in the manga, but at some point in the anime, nearly EVERY OP female has large breasts. Even the unnamed females in the background have them.
It's the same in the manga.

The anime exaggerates it sometimes (like the time Robin and a couple of others (Rebecca and Viola) went up several cupsizes while Nami wasn't around).

Gotta remember that One Piece is, before anything else, a manga marketed to teenage boys (which is fine by me because I'm a teenage boy at heart).

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's just how Oda draws (most) women, though anime tend to exaggerate it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's just how Oda draws (most) women, though anime tend to exaggerate it.
I think it's part "Oda's preference" and part "drawing manga on a weekly basis is really hard so you have to take shortcuts".

Also the aforementioned "It's a Shonen manga" thing.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Never forget that the first villain after Chapter 1 was Alvida.
I also didn't forget what happened to her after she ate a Devil's Fruit.

Gotta remember that One Piece is, before anything else, a manga marketed to teenage boys (which is fine by me because I'm a teenage boy at heart).
I can confirm this, Zoro was the main reason I kept reading One Piece when I was a teenage boy myself.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I also didn't forget what happened to her after she ate a Devil's Fruit.
Yeah, her skin got really smooth and slippery..
I can confirm this, Zoro was the main reason I kept reading One Piece when I was a teenage boy myself.
Zoro: *leaves for the duration of the Whole Cake Island arc*
osby: "Okay, I'm out!" *walks away*

I'll never know how Oda got away with Nami vs Kalifa.

D

Deleted member

What could they POSSIBLY have done for Adam? He's irredeemable, gotten control of power of the White Fang, got rebelled against for being a terrible leader with bad priorities, etc. All you could do is 'give him more power to make him a bigger threat meaning he needs to be taken down', which they already DID. Now that Adam's dead, both Blake and Yang can develop further as characters, especially Blake as a lot of her development has been about her past, especially as Adam was canonically abusive towards her when they were a couple.
Give him a better end for one. If you're going to kill a main villain of you show, I'd think you could come up a with a better way that what I saw in.

Oh, and what do you mean with "no substance?" Sure, you can ignore how Yang literally cried when she saw Blake was about to die, how she was depressed and frustrated at the end of volume 3 but is shortly shown laughing about her new handicap, implying she was upset about Blake running, ignoring the amount of times the crew teased it including Blake's actress getting flustered about Yang's new arm having a 'vibrate' function according to Yang's actress, the jokes about Blake wanting to sleep with Yang in one of the RWBY CHIBI skits and if you ignore their bond and chemistry, then perhaps you'd have a point.

EDIT:
https://www.reddit.com/r/RWBY/comments/8flee2/bumblebee_a_look_at_all_evidence_towards_the_ship/
LOOKY HERE LOTS OF MOMENTS ONE COULD CONSIDER AS BUILD UP BETWEEN THEM
No offense, but all of this sounds like your ,and some other people's, interpretation. Those points show that Blake and Yang are close, but anyone else could look at it like a deep friendship rather than romance, thought at this point it doesn't really matter now what we interpret Blake and Yang's relationship as now.
God, RWBY's been ok on average but please stop bull****ting
Love you too, Gwen.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Zoro: *leaves for the duration of the Whole Cake Island arc*
osby: "Okay, I'm out!" *walks away*
At this point, I'd walk out if he was around longer. post-time-skip Zoro is just boring, no amount of shirtless scenes is going to change that.

If anything, I was happy Chopper, Nami and Brook got focus again.

I'll never know how Oda got away with Nami vs Kalifa.
Making two women fight? No idea, I guess there is a reason why he didn't repeat i- oh, wait, you mean her Golden Hour technique.

D

Deleted member

Well, as fun as this anime talk has been, back to vidya games. If we do get a Direct this week as the rumor suggest, what do you hope to see aside from Smash content? This may be a longshot, but I hope we get a Link's Awakeing remake in the same vien of A Link Between Worlds. That would be awesome.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, as fun as this anime talk has been, back to vidya games. If we do get a Direct this week as the rumor suggest, what do you hope to see aside from Smash content? This may be a longshot, but I hope we get a Link's Awakeing remake in the same vien of A Link Between Worlds. That would be awesome.
Bayonetta 3, I want to know what they are going to do now that they've run out of Frank Sinatra songs with "moon" in it.

Also: new info about Fire Emblem Three Houses, Animal Crossing and "Town" would be great. And Pokemon Gen 8 for Noipoi Noipoi 's sake

D

Deleted member

Bayonetta 3, I want to know what they are going to do now that they've run out of Frank Sinatra songs with "moon" in it.

Also: new info about Fire Emblem Three Houses, Animal Crossing and "Town" would be great. And Pokemon Gen 8 for Noipoi Noipoi 's sake
Yes! Bayonetta 3's another pick of mine. I'm praying it didn't get delay treatment, but you never know with games nowadays.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Anything on Crafted World if it gets post-launch updates like Star Allies before...

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yes! Bayonetta 3's another pick of mine. I'm praying it didn't get delay treatment, but you never know with games nowadays.
My mind: Games being delayed isn't a bad thing. It's not like I'll run out of things to play and a rushed game will forever stay bad. The main reason Bayonetta was so good was its long development cycle. A game should released as the best version of itself.

My soul: BUT WHO WAS SHE FIGHTING WITH?!

KMDP

Smash Legend
At this point, I'd walk out if he was around longer. post-time-skip Zoro is just boring, no amount of shirtless scenes is going to change that.

If anything, I was happy Chopper, Nami and Brook got focus again.

Making two women fight? No idea, I guess there is a reason why he didn't repeat i- oh, wait, you mean her Golden Hour technique.
Of course I mean the Golden Hour technique.

Girls fighting in Anime? That's normal. Because women can never ever fight men in Animeland.

Watch Nami, Robin and Carrot take on Big Mom for no reason other than the four of them are women. :rolleyes:
I consider a proper Pokémon reveal a guarantee if we get a direct.
Updates on Daemon Ex Machina, Fire Emblem Three Houses and "Town" are also fairly likely.

Besides that, Super Mario Maker 2, maybe?

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
My thoughts on Jump Force are VERY mixed right now. It was supposed to celebrate Jump's 50th anniversary, but the three mobile games from last year do this a whole lot better. Compare this roster to Jump Force's to see what I mean.
Even J-Stars celebrates Jump better. But Jump Force actually has good gameplay, giving it right to exist when J-Stars does.

The reason the roster is like it is is because they were marketing towards the west. They mainly went with the series that were popular here. Ryo and Dai are the exceptions, but City Hunter is supposedly the director's favorite series, explaining Ryo.

Even if it was marketed to the west, there are several characters that should not have been omitted. Kinnikuman inspired many Jump series, so the titular character has more right to be playable than most of the characters on the roster. This is also the VERY first Jump game to not have Ryotsu. They explained that they were mainly going with battle series this time around, but Ryotsu is just too important to exclude.

I can't say I'm not interested in Jump Force. It does look fun from all the gameplay I've seen. There are also several characters I like, namely Luffy, Sanji, Jotaro, and Yugi. I'm hoping Medaka from Medaka Box and Hitomi from Cat's Eye will be DLC. Tsuna is the only character I'm 100% will be DLC.

D

Deleted member

Girls fighting in Anime? That's normal. Because women can never ever fight men in Animeland.

Watch Nami, Robin and Carrot take on Big Mom for no reason other than the four of them are women. :rolleyes:

I consider a proper Pokémon reveal a guarantee if we get a direct.
Updates on Daemon Ex Machina, Fire Emblem Three Houses and "Town" are also fairly likely.

Besides that, Super Mario Maker 2, maybe?
I'm curious about Daemon Ex Machina as well. It looks to be a very interesting game.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Tbf, Robin DID fight with men, once in the Sypiea Arc. If you call it a fight. She just curb-stomped Yami.

The reason the roster is like it is is because they were marketing towards the west. They mainly went with the series that were popular here. Ryo and Dai are the exceptions, but City Hunter is supposedly the director's favorite series, explaining Ryo.
City Hunter is very popular in France, hence his reveal in the Paris stage.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Tbf, Robin DID fight with men, once in the Sypiea Arc. If you call it a fight. She just curb-stomped Yami.
I was being hyperbolic. :laugh:

The only reason Robin doesn't fight more often is because her power is super OP.

And then Oda makes it even more OP after the timeskip by giving her cloning powers!
I'm curious about Daemon Ex Machina as well. It looks to be a very interesting game.
I'm not all that interested in Daemon Ex Machina to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom