• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Now I was making a KH joke, not making jokes at straight people.

I aint like yall
I wasn't making a straight person joke (I am a straight person lol), I explicitly stated that the people in this organization are aggresively pushy about their straightness.

In other words, they're just run of the mill assholes lol just like anyone unnecessarily aggressive about anything

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This. Just because you didn’t see it doesn’t mean it wasn’t there.

However sometimes people see things that AREN’T there and that leads to a whole new set of problems but we are not talking about that right now.

Can the Giant Ant spend 15 minutes INSIDE the sun and come out of it strong enough to effortlessly move planets.

Because Superman can.

I don’t care if this IS a little mean. It’s objectively hilarious.
the giant ant can move galaxies around without needing 15 minutes of charge time

D

Deleted member

No, he's not allowed to consider it forced because he blatantly missed all the hints romantically and that it came out of nowhere, meaning he's outright wrong, especially as he's saying it was only done to please shippers. I'm calling a case of The Heteros Are Upseteros because this always happens, and now that half of the titular cast are lovers after deliberate build up since the second season, with one of the two being crushed on by a canonical lesbian, in a world where writers are forced to leave it out from the higher ups as seen in cases such as Gravity Falls, having a rather popular animated show have half of the main cast be openly gay for eachother with lots of build up and it not being revealed at the very end so they have no more risks pretty much NEVER happens, so seeing people refuse to admit they were wrong about the build up blame the writers for pandering is something I have honestly had enough of in my life
Who are you to say that all of that was build up to a relationship? How do you know that all of the previous interactions between Blake and Yang were build up to relationship? What if it started out as just as interactions between friends that wasn't supposed to give hints at anything romantic?

My whole entire issues with Blake and Yang is that I feel it was not handled well in the story. It felt like an S-Support in Fire Emblem where some units casually talking with one another, and the for some reason they decide to get married because...well, just because. It had absolutely to do with the fact the relationship is a lesbian couple. If the writers had given more depth, more development, and more reasons as to why Blake and Yang like each other, then I wouldn't have little to no issues with it.

And here's the thing, this is all my opinion. I'm not forcing this belief on anyone else. If you think Bumblebee is a good ship, then more power to you. I just think it was handled poorly in the writing and felt like fanservice, not because it was lesbian shipping, despite what Gwen will try to tell you.

Being upfront and honest, if labeling someone a homophobe is your reaction to a differing opinion on a ship, I can't take you seriously.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I wasn't making a straight person joke (I am a straight person lol), I explicitly stated that the people in this organization are aggresively pushy about their straightness.

In other words, they're just run of the mill ******** lol just like anyone unnecessarily aggressive about anything
Ive seen some gay people aggresivly pushy too, for example, my.gf who had to remind me whenever they saw a girl character that they were gane with "My gay ass" in every sentence And then you got half of tumblr

It got.... really..well eh. I came up and said "Im right here" At one point

But anyway blah blah blah

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Who are you to say that all of that was build up to a relationship? How do you know that all of the previous interactions between Blake and Yang were build up to relationship? What if it started out as just as interactions between friends that wasn't supposed to give hints at anything romantic?

My whole entire issues with Blake and Yang is that I feel it was not handled well in the story. It felt like an S-Support in Fire Emblem where some units casually talking with one another, and the for some reason they decide to get married because...well, just because. It had absolutely to do with the fact the relationship is a lesbian couple. If the writers had given more depth, more development, and more reasons as to why Blake and Yang like each other, then I wouldn't have little to no issues with it.

And here's the thing, this is all my opinion. I'm not forcing this belief on anyone else. If you think Bumblebee is a good ship, then more power to you. I just think it was handled poorly in the writing and felt like fanservice, not because it was lesbian shipping, despite what Gwen will try to tell you.

Being upfront and honest, if labeling someone a homophobe is your reaction to a differing opinion on a ship, I can't take you seriously.
What’s wrong with fan service? Why is it so bad to give your audience something they want. If that’s true then Smash Ultimate is the worst game on the planet because it’s ALL fan service.

D

Deleted member

What’s wrong with fan service? Why is it so bad to give your audience something they want. If that’s true then Smash Ultimate is the worst game on the planet because it’s ALL fan service.
There's a right way to do fanservice, and then there's a wrong way to do fanservice. You ask me, RWBY handled it in a way that was detrimental to the show, that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Are we sure Blake and Yang are gay and not

BYsexual :wario::wario::wario::wario::wario::wario::wario::wario:
wario is a bi icon honestly

also i don't know much about rwby (only what my friend tells me about it) but if this blake and yang thing is another bayojeanne thing where people are dumb and don't notice obvious lesbeans then i swear to god i will break this hellsite with my own two hands

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ive seen some gay people aggresivly pushy too, for example, my.gf who had to remind me whenever they saw a girl character that they were gane with "My gay ***" in every sentence And thrn you got half of tumblr

I'm aware, I promise.
I wrote a second part to that post about the rival group that popped up in response, "The Gays", that also take it a step too far but I felt it would just make people mad :p

Anyway I'm gonna stop talking about my sudden "Real Life AU" fan-fic I'm totally writing about everyone.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I'm done. I never even once labeled you as a homophobe but rather as ignorant and refusing to acknowledge you were wrong. Not my fault you're seemingly blind and illiterate

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There's a right way to do fanservice, and then there's a wrong way to do fanservice. You ask me, RWBY handled it in a way that was detrimental to the show, that's all.
This is where I have to stop because I don’t watch RWBY. So at this point I really don’t know what I’m talking about. So I don’t know enough to disagree with you.

I’d still argue that there’s this stigma around fan service that really shouldn’t be there. Even the word sounds dirty. Fan SERVICE.

I'm done. I never even once labeled you as a homophobe but rather as ignorant and refusing to acknowledge you were wrong. Not my fault you're seemingly blind and illiterate
Come on now Gwen. I know it’s frustrating what happens to us in the media. And I know it’s even more frustrating to live in a world where it’s apparently okay to disagree with provable facts. But getting angry at them and making fun of them is only going to cause problems for you.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
I don't ship Blake and Yang because, in my mind, I've already established Blake and Sun, but that shouldn't stop other people.

Anyways...I'm glad to see a stronger connection between Blake and Yang. They were meant to be "partners" at the beginning of the series, like Ruby and Weiss, but unlike those two, we didn't see much interaction until now.

I'm glad they actually FEEL like partners now.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I wasn't making a straight person joke (I am a straight person lol)
Sounds like N-Word Privileges to me.
Ive seen some gay people aggresivly pushy too, for example, my.gf who had to remind me whenever they saw a girl character that they were gane with "My gay ***" in every sentence And then you got half of tumblr

I'm having difficulty understanding the second half of the first sentence, specifically the "gane" bit. I think I get what you're saying but I'm not sure.

D

Deleted member

No offence, but this just seems like you really can't handle the idea of a lesbian couple. You already admitted that they're at the very least very close, so why is the idea of being intimate, which was literally one step away, so hard to comprehend for you? And as you said, they're a couple now. As many people interpretted this to be build up to a relationship, it just seem like another case of The Hetero Is Upsetero
You were saying?

D

Deleted member

I'm having difficulty understanding the second half of the first sentence, specifically the "gane" bit. I think I get what you're saying but I'm not sure.
im gonna say the g word

gay

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i give it a 50% chance we get a direct announced today

i also give it a 200% chance we hear nothing until april

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
To me, all romantic relationships in fiction have to be natural regardless of the orientation. If a gay relationship is well-developed than I accept it. If it's not than I don't. This standard applies to straight ones too *coughIdon'tlikesandcough*

Pretty simple standard if I say so myself FYI I have no dog in the RWBY fight

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
i give it a 50% chance we get a direct announced today

i also give it a 200% chance we hear nothing until april
If my prediction isn't just "approximately" wrong and is very wrong (i.e. not in February at all), I would feel about 90% about March. If not in March, then April is absolutely the latest I would guess, and I would die on that hill.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace

Yeah it did feel like it was outta left field. Then again Blake never really felt like a character.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Capture+_2019-02-06-08-29-29.png

why I never

I think I meant to say Gay.
its morning, I havent had my coffee yet

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
if something is guaranteed to happen with a 100% chance then does adding another 100% make it doubly guaranteed or does it loop back round to 0% and become impossible
If your number line is 0 and 1 then 1+1=0. As a math major, math does weird #### sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom