• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Well, as fun as this anime talk has been, back to vidya games. If we do get a Direct this week as the rumor suggest, what do you hope to see aside from Smash content? This may be a longshot, but I hope we get a Link's Awakeing remake in the same vien of A Link Between Worlds. That would be awesome.
I mean... I at least hope that we get more info on Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and Animal Crossing Switch. And a Rhythm Heaven Switch announcement would be nice, too...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Give him a better end for one. If you're going to kill a main villain of you show, I'd think you could come up a with a better way that what I saw in.

No offense, but all of this sounds like your ,and some other people's, interpretation. Those points show that Blake and Yang are close, but anyone else could look at it like a deep friendship rather than romance, thought at this point it doesn't really matter now what we interpret Blake and Yang's relationship as now.

Love you too, Gwen.
What better end could there be? RWBY has shown that it's willing to axe off the cast, so getting revenge-killed by the girl he abused and tried to kill and the girl he crippled is very fitting, and as Adam's lost control of his power of the White Fang, he's basically been reduced to nothing. Getting rid of a villain's high status and having them get killed off like a stray dog is ALSO fitting to Adam's character

No offence, but this just seems like you really can't handle the idea of a lesbian couple. You already admitted that they're at the very least very close, so why is the idea of being intimate, which was literally one step away, so hard to comprehend for you? And as you said, they're a couple now. As many people interpretted this to be build up to a relationship, it just seem like another case of The Hetero Is Upsetero

D

Deleted member

What better end could there be? RWBY has shown that it's willing to axe off the cast, so getting revenge-killed by the girl he abused and tried to kill and the girl he crippled is very fitting, and as Adam's lost control of his power of the White Fang, he's basically been reduced to nothing. Getting rid of a villain's high status and having them get killed off like a stray dog is ALSO fitting to Adam's character
Then I guess you and I will disagree then.

No offence, but this just seems like you really can't handle the idea of a lesbian couple. You already admitted that they're at the very least very close, so why is the idea of being intimate, which was literally one step away, so hard to comprehend for you? And as you said, they're a couple now. As many people interpretted this to be build up to a relationship, it just seem like another case of The Hetero Is Upsetero
I can handle a lesbian couple in media. That's not the issue. The issue is that it felt like it came out of nowhere for me. Like I said, all of Blake and Yang's interactions could be interpenetrated as a strong friendship, and that's what I interpreted as. It feels like ship baiting.
But sure, label me as a homophobe because I feel differently about the relationship between two fictional characters than you. Astounding idea. What will you amaze us with next I wonder? :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Well, as fun as this anime talk has been, back to vidya games. If we do get a Direct this week as the rumor suggest, what do you hope to see aside from Smash content? This may be a longshot, but I hope we get a Link's Awakeing remake in the same vien of A Link Between Worlds. That would be awesome.
While it's unlikely, I would love to see SOMETHING about a new Zelda game. Some Pokemon news would be nice but it'll probably have its own Direct in March. Obviously if we get some Joker info that would be great. Uh aside from that the only other games I was planning on picking up this year were FETH and AC so some stuff about them would be welcome.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Then I guess you and I will disagree then.

I can handle a lesbian couple in media. That's not the issue. The issue is that it felt like it came out of nowhere for me. Like I said, all of Blake and Yang's interactions could be interpenetrated as a strong friendship, and that's what I interpreted as. It feels like ship baiting.
But sure, label me as a homophobe because I feel differently about the relationship between two fictional characters than you. Astounding idea. What will you amaze us with next I wonder? :glare:
Sure, because all the stuff I linked, including a picture of a shot of them holding hands and basic cinematography is out of nowhere. It was honestly VERY obvious. It looked like ship bait because the ship was canon. The link Included also notes that after Monty Oum said they'd like to diversify the cast sexually that they started to become less subtle with the amount of hints and moments. Read the full thing m'kay?

Oh, and The Heteros Are Upseteros refers to when straight people suddenly have a problem with something because an LGBT relationship happened and it ALWAYS comes with the "It came out of nowhere and was forced!". Remind me, how many times have we seen characters who don't even seem remotely close start kissing at the end of a movie? Or in a shonen anime? All those instances seem to get a free pass despite literally having next to no build up. I offered you paragraphs of moments filled with buildup which show cinematography, moments of the characters being close, their relationships with other characters including how Yang cares more about Blake than her own little sister, yet you still believe it's forced and was only done to please shippers.

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
I got stung by an ant on the index finger so I can’t write, draw or play games for who knows how many days 8(

D

Deleted member

Wow, ants must really hate you... :(
By far the worst bugs to get bit by are ticks, because those ****ers don't get off, even if they die. Once when I was 6 a tick somehow managed to get on a part of my body that shall not be named and despite having to have been dead for at least a couple days my dad had to use ****ing tweezers and it hurt very very much.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh, and The Heteros Are Upseteros refers to when straight people suddenly have a problem with something because an LGBT relationship happened and it ALWAYS comes with the "It came out of nowhere and was forced!". Remind me, how many times have we seen characters who don't even seem remotely close start kissing at the end of a movie? Or in a shonen anime? All those instances seem to get a free pass despite literally having next to no build up. I offered you paragraphs of moments filled with buildup which show cinematography, moments of the characters being close, their relationships with other characters including how Yang cares more about Blake than her own little sister, yet you still believe it's forced and was only done to please shippers.
So @Alastor017 isn't allowed to have a problem with what he considers a forced relationship just because that relationship is a homosexual one, because it happens with heterosexual relationships, even though people complain about those too.

Now, don't get me wrong, I know nothing about RWBY, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here.

"The Heteros" aren't your enemy, Gwen.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
By far the worst bugs to get bit by are ticks, because those ****ers don't get off, even if they die. Once when I was 6 a tick somehow managed to get on a part of my body that shall not be named and despite having to have been dead for at least a couple days my dad had to use ****ing tweezers and it hurt very very much.
Honestly I don't know if I hate ticks or bed bugs more.

I think I have a phobia of bed bugs at this point because my parent's house used to be infested with them and sleeping was hard, and I had scars for years.

And as far as I care, the ****ers serve no purpose other than to irritate humans.

Last edited:

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
Oh that’s nasty, only seen one tick here and it was weirdly beautiful, if ticks can even be that. I mean I do love me some red and blue patterns.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I don't know if I hate ticks or bed bugs more.

I think I have a phobia of bed bugs at this point because my parent's house used to be infested with them and sleeping was hard, and I had scars for years.

And as far as I care, the ****ers serve no purpose other than to irritate humans.
That sounds rough.

And I can agree with the last statement, but for wasps.

D

Deleted member

"Run! Even Superman is no match for the Giant Ant!"

I doubt that.

By the way, I thought you were going to bed, Thesaurus.
I was, but I couldn’t help posting my giant ants.
Am now though. :)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
"The Heteros" is the name of an organization of aggressively straight people in cloaks that go out of their way to post "I don't think I agree with this" online, much to the ire of the denizens of the modern Internet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So @Alastor017 isn't allowed to have a problem with what he considers a forced relationship just because that relationship is a homosexual one, because it happens with heterosexual relationships, even though people complain about those too.

Now, don't get me wrong, I know nothing about RWBY, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here.

"The Heteros" aren't your enemy, Gwen.
No, he's not allowed to consider it forced because he blatantly missed all the hints romantically and that it came out of nowhere, meaning he's outright wrong, especially as he's saying it was only done to please shippers. I'm calling a case of The Heteros Are Upseteros because this always happens, and now that half of the titular cast are lovers after deliberate build up since the second season, with one of the two being crushed on by a canonical lesbian, in a world where writers are forced to leave it out from the higher ups as seen in cases such as Gravity Falls, having a rather popular animated show have half of the main cast be openly gay for eachother with lots of build up and it not being revealed at the very end so they have no more risks pretty much NEVER happens, so seeing people refuse to admit they were wrong about the build up blame the writers for pandering is something I have honestly had enough of in my life

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
New. 3D. Donkey. Kong. Retro. Studios. I mean, they have to have been doing SOMETHING for the past 5 years.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
No, he's not allowed to consider it forced because he blatantly missed all the hints romantically and that it came out of nowhere, meaning he's outright wrong, especially as he's saying it was only done to please shippers. I'm calling a case of The Heteros Are Upseteros because this always happens, and now that half of the titular cast are lovers after deliberate build up since the second season, with one of the two being crushed on by a canonical lesbian, in a world where writers are forced to leave it out from the higher ups as seen in cases such as Gravity Falls, having a rather popular animated show have half of the main cast be openly gay for eachother with lots of build up and it not being revealed at the very end so they have no more risks pretty much NEVER happens, so seeing people refuse to admit they were wrong about the build up blame the writers for pandering is something I have honestly had enough of in my life
tbh I agree with you

i mean i used to not totally get it either. It didn't take too much thinking to figure it out but I was raised in a kind of context that made it a teensy bit harder to parse things that are "different". So I would be like "okay so they're gay now" or something- but in reality, nobody needs "lead up" to be gay, so why would they in a show.

And from what you're saying, as far as the actual relationship aspect goes (I don't actually watch RWBY), it was lead into just fine.

So...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wonder if the Giant Ant can survive a trip to the sun.

Because Superman can.
the giant ant can kill the sun, he's canonically strong enough to do so

some people say he's as strong as shaggy at 4% power

KMDP

Smash Legend
the giant ant can kill the sun, he's canonically strong enough to do so

some people say he's as strong as shaggy at 4% power
Holy ****!

Best get the Giant Anteater on the case, then; I've heard it's as strong as Shaggy at 8% power.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This. Just because you didn’t see it doesn’t mean it wasn’t there.

However sometimes people see things that AREN’T there and that leads to a whole new set of problems but we are not talking about that right now.

I wonder if the Giant Ant can survive a trip to the sun.

Because Superman can.
Can the Giant Ant spend 15 minutes INSIDE the sun and come out of it strong enough to effortlessly move planets.

Because Superman can.

"The Heteros" is the name of an organization of aggressively straight people in cloaks that go out of their way to post "I don't think I agree with this" online, much to the ire of the denizens of the modern Internet.
I don’t care if this IS a little mean. It’s objectively hilarious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom