• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I feel bad for the games that have to come up before the inevitable end-of-the-direct Smash stinger.
I don't even watch Directs for other games except the initial Smash high anymore.

I hadn't watched a Direct after the last Smash4 one, and the only reason I watched the one that hinted Ultimate was that my friend was nagging me to do so.

D

Deleted member

I stayed up way too late ( Which I truly wish I was not like that ), so good night.

I am sure Nintendo has something in mind...

Nintendo will not disappoint us.

The friends we made along the way? I still have no friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'm sad that not only is Korosensei not in Jump Force, but there's only one My Hero character. Where's Bakugo and All Might at least? C'mon now.
I'm almost 100% sure that one of them will show up as DLC, considering there are 9 of them coming. I wouldn't be surprised if both ended up as DLC.

Shroob

Sup?
EV training is easy.

The annoying part is you have to grin and bear accumulating BP until you can get the EV boosting items.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I feel bad for the games that have to come up before the inevitable end-of-the-direct Smash stinger.
I realized last week that the March Direct from last year must have melted Splatoon fans' minds. I didn't get into Splatoon until April/May, when I played through the first game and picked up the second, but knowing how big it is in Japan now and just knowing more about the game in general, you had:

1) Version 3.0, which included a large swath of new content and features.
2) The sudden trailer for an unprecedented single-player expansion that had amazing style, Pearl and Marina, the return of Capt. Cuttlefish, a bunch of new side characters, and the reappearance of Agent 3 from the first game, as well as playing as an Octoling the entire time and eventually in the main game as well.
3) The reveal of not only a new Smash, but that the Inklings would be playable in it.

Like, goddamn. The Smash announcement stole the show, but even without it the Direct was mindblowing for Splatoon fans. There were plenty of other amazing announcements in it, too, so it's honestly one of Nintendo's best Directs ever. It'll be interesting to see how they plan to top it going forwards, if that's even possible.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also D.Gray-Man was a very popular manga in it's initial run in Weekly Shonen Jump. Why no Allen Walker?
That's my biggest gripe about the missing characters along with no Sakura.

Like, I'd love to see Hinata now that I'm reading Haikyuu, but he wouldn't fit anyway.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Could you reset your EVs in gen 7? I can't recall.
**** if I know but **** Gen 7 for removing the ****ing horde battle stuff.

In fact, **** Game Freak in general for constantly throwing out **** that worked or needed more work. "Introducing the PSS!" Oh wow this is pretty much perfect, it's so simple and user friendly, it'll take me a while to get used to literally anything else nowada-"**** THAT **** POKE PELAGO NOW IT'LL TAKE YOU LIKE 5 HOURS TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO TRADE WITH YOUR FRIENDS ONLINE ALSO MEGA EVOLUTION AND HORDE BATTLES ARE GONE"

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Also can you show me all the values?

Cuz hidden values like Affection and IVs can eat a big fat one.

Also the punching bag game was the best EV training method, prove me wrong.
If it were up to me (I'm a huuuuuge Pokemon fan btw) I'd completely get rid of IVs as the "hidden value" that makes Pokemon inherently different from one another.

Seriously, what genius at Game Freak decided to make Pokemon inherently stronger or weaker as the deciding factor to make them all unique? That's horrifying! And it's led to weirdos who constantly farm eggs of Pokemon and releasing / trading away Pokemon that don't have perfect IVs. Say what you will about those players but if Game Freak didn't include those values then no one would ever be incentivized to even participate in PokeUgenics.

Game Freak has the tech to do something different these days. I propose a separate section in their status screen that's part of the "Nature / characteristic / EV growth" page that lists a randomized combination of a bunch of personality descriptors. Like the "likes to relax" "proud of its power" thing but beefed up and expanded to full paragraphs in a way that fits the Pokemon specifically (so we don't get unintentionally funny lines like how Magikarp "likes to run"). That solves the problem of making every Pokemon unique in a non-problematic way.

Noipoi

Howdy!
**** if I know but **** Gen 7 for removing the ****ing horde battle stuff.

In fact, **** Game Freak in general for constantly throwing out **** that worked or needed more work. "Introducing the PSS!" Oh wow this is pretty much perfect, it's so simple and user friendly, it'll take me a while to get used to literally anything else nowada-"**** THAT **** POKE PELAGO NOW IT'LL TAKE YOU LIKE 5 HOURS TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO TRADE WITH YOUR FRIENDS ONLINE ALSO MEGA EVOLUTION AND HORDE BATTLES ARE GONE"
Actually Festival plaza is what you mean, but yes I agree. The PSS was much better.

Shroob

Sup?
People read Bleach after the first big story arc?

I remember liking it and the anime, but then the anime entered filler hell and the manga just made me think "THIS IS JUST MORE OF THE SAME PLOT"

Shroob

Sup?
No Kinniku is kinda weird to me...
Man, looking back on Kinnikuman.

Holy god some of the characters in that series wouldn't fly in this day and age, I love just how, unabashedly un-politically correct it can be to the point of campiness.

And people think Punch Out is bad.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If Smash can make Wii Fit Trainer work, Shonen Jump can damn well make a sports manga protagonist work!!! :yoshi:
Previous games, probably. But they are doing a very weird thing with Jump Force and I'm surprised Ryo Saeba could get in.

I guess they want to keep things somehow uniform but I think it hurts characters' uniqueness in the process. That's why I'm glad Smash adds characters like Wii Fit Trainer.

People read Bleach after the first big story arc?
Apparently. I just think pre-Arranccar arc was great.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Actually Festival plaza is what you mean, but yes I agree. The PSS was much better.
Oh right Pelago was that OTHER terrible thing. "HEY REMEMBER HOW COOL IT WAS THAT YOU COULD EV TRAIN AN ENTIRE TEAM VERY QUICKLY OR AT LEAST HAD A SOMEWHAT FUN MINIGAME?" Yeah, sure! "WELL NOW YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THE POKEMON AWAY FOR 2 ACTUAL ****ING DAYS TO MAX OUT A SINGLE STAT MEANING IF YOU WANT TO PLAY MORE IT'LL TAKE LONGER BECAUSE WE CANNOT FATHOM PEOPLE HAVING ENOUGH FREE TIME TO DO IT THE OLD FASHIONED WAY" That... That kinda sucks. Can I still use Horde battle abuse? "WHAT THE **** IS THAT YOU GIVE ME MORE BACKTALK THEN WE'LL ****ING ERASE SPECIAL DEFENCE AND THE PHYSICAL SPECIAL SPLIT WON'T EXIST ANYMORE"

Shroob

Sup?
Previous games, probably. But they are doing a very weird thing with Jump Force and I'm surprised Ryo Saeba could get in.

I guess they want to keep things somehow uniform but I think it hurts characters' uniqueness in the process. That's why I'm glad Smash adds characters like Wii Fit Trainer.

Apparently. I just think pre-Arranccar arc was great.
Honestly, I agree.

Also, the anime had.... I dunno how to explain it but the Opening cinematics felt.....fresh? Young? Rebellious?

This was my jam.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

It's odd since sports manga still thrives on WSJ. There are 3 of them currently running, Haikyuu!!, Hinomaru Sumo and arguably Food Wars!. Slam Dunk is still one of the highest selling mangas of all time, and need I mention Captain Tsubasa?

I think people have it in their minds that sports manga is boring in concept, but often the execution is much better than expected...

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I agree.

Also, the anime had.... I dunno how to explain it but the Opening cinematics felt.....fresh? Young? Rebellious?

This was my jam.
Anime had a great OST plus some occasionally impressing art direction, I'll give it that.

It's odd since sports manga still thrives on WSJ. There are 3 of them currently running, Haikyuu!!, Hinomaru Sumo and arguably Food Wars!. Slam Dunk is still one of the highest selling mangas of all time, and need I mention Captain Tsubasa?

I think people have it in their minds that sports manga is boring in concept, but often the execution is much better than expected...
I used to think like that but actually reading one changed my mind. It's still amazing how a bunch of kids playing volleyball can be more absorbing than a lot of action manga around.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
We should make feeming a thing. We should get Smashboards it's on Urban Dictionary page for feeming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom