• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Am I the only one who thinks it's too early for a Direct? I mean it's likely near, but I prefer it being showcased either on March or April so that way I wouldn't have to wait long for more information at E3.
We'll probably get another, game-focused Direct between now and E3.

It's been too long 'without' one.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Am I the only one who thinks it's too early for a Direct? I mean it's likely near, but I prefer it being showcased either on March or April so that way I wouldn't have to wait long for more information at E3.
Honestly I can see that. Remember when the March Direct confirmed post-launch updates for Kirby Star Allies only several weeks before release?

I lowkey want that for Crafted World :yoshi:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Well I'm a millennial, and when have you ever seen me negative and life-hating? :yoshi:
I'm also a millennial (I think) and I'm fairly optimistic compared to most people. I also attend one of the biggest colleges in the United States, and most people I see seem pretty chipper and optimistic, too. But I doubt anyone else on my campus comes to places like SmashBoards, so different demographics and all that.

DQ definitely has quite a following and probably. FF obviously has a big but shrinking following. Same with Street Fighter.

What’s killing these series are easily accessible games like the aforementioned Minecraft and Fortnite and also mobile games with titles like Granblue becoming big.

Right now though, Splatoon is easily one of the biggest games here. It’s exploding. I can count on at least half of my class having Splatoon pencil cases.
Interesting. Not too dissimilar to the US, then, with how venerable, older franchises are slowly fading away because they're not as prominent or accessible as many new big games. The Resident Evil 2 remake is a notable exception with how big it's exploded, but it's also a really high-budget zombie game when we haven't had too many of those in a while, plus its brand recognition and nostalgia factor. Resident Evil 7 didn't have those qualities and it sold well, but not too well. We'll have to see how DMC V does.

Which is why I was surprised with just how well Ultimate did. After Smash 4 kind of fizzled in terms of sales and staying power, I never expected Ultimate to sell 12 million in one month. One year, sure, but a month is nuts.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
We are definitely getting a direct for pokemon soon regardless of if we get a general direct.

Pakky

Smash Hero
You know that thing when you get hit, and you do a move but you're still moving in the direction you got hit?

Is this a :ultincineroar::ultkrool::ultridley: problem or a feature?

Cuz it's kinda bad.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Problem is, a lot of the characters in Smash have easily identifiable shadows.

Besides Black Manta and Raiden, I wouldn't know any of those shadows because they look like "Generic person".
There’s probably ways to make it work out. And for the most part, save for the Turtles, most of the Injustice community got the guesses right.

Again? Not that I dislike Rorschach tests, but...
Ah I forgot about that. Even still, it wasn’t used for promotional material. Sihoulettes has a 90% increase in speculation time 80% of the time all the time.

Modern practices? LOL

Next, you'll want is a good online experience.

I mean... Sigh...
Dedicated servers for Nintendo is akin to humanity colonizing Mars. Far, far in the future with a high chance of it never happening.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm also a millennial (I think) and I'm fairly optimistic compared to most people. I also attend one of the biggest colleges in the United States, and most people I see seem pretty chipper and optimistic, too. But I doubt anyone else on my campus comes to places like SmashBoards, so different demographics and all that.

Interesting. Not too dissimilar to the US, then, with how venerable, older franchises are slowly fading away because they're not as prominent or accessible as many new big games. The Resident Evil 2 remake is a notable exception with how big it's exploded, but it's also a really high-budget zombie game when we haven't had too many of those in a while, plus its brand recognition and nostalgia factor. Resident Evil 7 didn't have those qualities and it sold well, but not too well. We'll have to see how DMC V does.

Which is why I was surprised with just how well Ultimate did. After Smash 4 kind of fizzled in terms of sales and staying power, I never expected Ultimate to sell 12 million in one month. One year, sure, but a month is nuts.
Kind of funny but the Resident Evil movies are actually more popular than the games currently...:c

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Dedicated servers for Nintendo is akin to humanity colonizing Mars. Far, far in the future with a high chance of it never happening.
I would laugh at the thought if it didn't make me cry.

I saw the crotch of :ultkrool: today in a match cuz it froze for 5 minutes.

It was a bad day :(

Being put on an Omega stage when I like BattleField drives me to drink.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Kind of funny but the Resident Evil movies are actually more popular than the games currently...:c
Yeah I know ಠ_ಠ Which is weird, because they're not well-written or well-acted. But they do have ridiculously over-the-top action, crazy monster designs, and an arguably attractive female lead, so I guess that makes it appealing enough to warrant over a billion dollars in global revenue.

Oh boy, get ready for the Monster Hunter movie by the same director and actress, which will butcher the source material in ways hitherto unimaginable.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah I know ಠ_ಠ Which is weird, because they're not well-written or well-acted. But they do have ridiculously over-the-top action, crazy monster designs, and an arguably attractive female lead, so I guess that makes it appealing enough to warrant over a billion dollars in global revenue.

Oh boy, get ready for the Monster Hunter movie by the same director and actress, which will butcher the source material in ways hitherto unimaginable.
Same reason Transformers keeps ****ting out sequels.

'Murica loves EXPLOSIONS.GUNS.SEXY WOMEN.

Pakky

Smash Hero

NO NIPPLES THOUGH YA PERVERT!

No nudity in an M rated game, what a mess.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So yeah, gotta ask again.

I'm actually not seeing anything besides Jon's otter comment.

Did everyone jump the gun?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

It's definitely not just "'Murica." Pretty sure most of the revenue from both Resident Evil and Transformers series comes from overseas, particularly China. In fact, Transformers: The Last Knight or whatever actually performed poorly at the domestic box office, but did very well over in China. The Chinese market is huge for movies now.

That's why you'll notice the occasional Chinese pandering in Hollywood movies nowadays. Can't remember what movie it was off the top of my head, but there was some major Hollywood movie from a year or two ago that had some shoehorned Chinese character or subplot in it, and it was very transparently meant to win over audiences over in China.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Random thought.. Fallout is a joke now.

Gorillas? Why?

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

I mean, given the fanbase, it wouldn't be the first time...

RandomAce

Smash Champion

I hope not.

How about we ask Polar Panda? He has a very strong source that notifies him when a direct’s about to come.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
ResetEra doesn't seem that confident either. Everyone's saying stuff like "I hope" or "There better be"

****'s lookin' grim, mateys.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Okay I don't wanna be that guy.

But if we don't get a direct this month.

Pokemon's on the table again.
Game Freak's gonna be tone death.

**** Let's Go has some good ideas come'on man!

I hope they don't bomb everything.

And could they just fix 'Long Reach'?

Last edited:

Alternis

NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Okay I don't wanna be that guy.

But if we don't get a direct this month.

Pokemon's on the table again.
I'm with you, tbh.
Pokemon's coming to home consoles for real. I want to know about that right now!

Pakky

Smash Hero
Also can you show me all the values?

Cuz hidden values like Affection and IVs can eat a big fat one.

Also the punching bag game was the best EV training method, prove me wrong.

Last edited:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Im not rly feeming a direct this week.... or even next week

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I feel bad for the games that have to come up before the inevitable end-of-the-direct Smash stinger.

Alternis

NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Also can you show me all the values?

Cuz hidden values like Affection and IVs can eat a big fat one.

Also the punching bag game was the best EV training method, prove me wrong.
Didn't Sun and Moon introduce the ability to see IV's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom