• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Milenials are not as negative and life hating as people decipher them to be.
I am just saying.
Also life can be unfair for us millennials, so it is reasonable for some millenials to feel negative thoughts.
Well I'm a millennial, and when have you ever seen me negative and life-hating? :yoshi:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You live in Japan, right Venus? Is Dragon Quest actually as big as us 'Muricans blow it out of proportion to be over there?
It’s huge but it’s being slowly eroded by games like Minecraft and Fortnite which are becoming more popular with the younger crowds. I would say that diehard DQ fans tends to be the college-young adult crowd. I know a feel 20-30something year old guys who are diehard fans. I see DQ in advertisements, game arcades (think crane machines), and things of that nature. The fanfare song is quite unmistakeable when you hear it on the tv or the mall:

Slime is quite the cultural icon and it’s rare to find someone who doesn’t know who Slime is that’s below the age of 50.

So yes, it’s probably as big as people claim it to be.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It’s huge but it’s being slowly eroded by games like Minecraft and Fortnite which is becoming more popular with the younger crowds. I would say that diehard DQ fans tends to be the college-young adult crowd. More so, I see it in advertisements, game arcades (think crane machines), and things of that nature.

Slime is quite the cultural icon and it’s rare to find someone who doesn’t know who Slime is that’s below the age of 50.
Is Dragon Quest the biggest non Nintendo game in there still, or up there at least?
Listen...

I don't know what you did, but I'm pretty sure most people are willing to drop whatever that is if you stop bringing it up.
Seems fair.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Milenials are not as negative and life hating as people decipher them to be.
I am just saying.
Also life can be unfair for us millennials, so it is reasonable for some millenials to feel negative thoughts.
Fairly certain you fall under Gen Z, dude.

Shroob

Sup?
As your local resident megaperv, I suggest ya'll cut out the kink talk before you incite the wrath of god(the staff).

Pakky

Smash Hero
Gen Z kids egged my house...

I beat one down in the street...

None of these are true.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Is Dragon Quest the biggest non Nintendo game in there still, or up there at least?

Seems fair.
DQ definitely has quite a following. FF obviously has a big but shrinking following. Same with Street Fighter.

What’s killing these series are easily accessible games like the aforementioned Minecraft and Fortnite and also mobile games with titles like Granblue becoming big.

Right now though, Splatoon is easily one of the biggest games here. It’s exploding. I can count on at least half of my class having Splatoon pencil cases.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Yeah. DQ is one of the biggest, if not the biggest Japanese video game franchises not to be in Smash yet.

However, DQ's overall popularity is skewed towards the Japanese side. It still sells well in the West, but it's chump change compared to Japan.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I thought millennials were people born in the mid 90's or 2000's. So that is what Gen Z is.
Still, I act more like a millenial.
People tend to vary on what is considered the cutoff. 1996-97 is often seen as the cutoff between Millennials and Gen Z.

For me, I just go back this metric (though it's obviously more US focused): if you're too young to remember where you were and what you were doing when 9/11 happened, you're Gen Z.

Pakky

Smash Hero
People tend to vary on what is considered the cutoff. 1996-97 is often seen as the cutoff between Millennials and Gen Z.

For me, I just go back this metric (though it's obviously more US focused): if you're too young to remember where you were and what you were doing when 9/11 happened, you're Gen Z.
I use the first Pokemon movie.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have a terribly disgusting fetish that i'm not ashamed of.

I like cute girls :)
You'll never find a significant other with such niche interests, big bro advice. Be into 2D people like a normal individual.

Well hunger is kind of Yoshi's nature, but oddly enough I'm not itching for a Direct :yoshi:
I kinda want a reason to talk about Smash, but understandable.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I wasn't born for it. Does that count?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gen Z kids egged my house...

I beat one down in the street...

None of these are true.
I'm so mad. If you had one less syllable in the first line you'd have had a haiku.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You know what I wish Nintendo would do....

Something what Netherealm did for Injustice 2 DLC...

Show us some ****ing sihoulettes so we can direct our thirst to something even remotely tangible instead of baseless leaks.

Last edited:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I like the smash reveals being surprising

Shroob

Sup?

Show us some ****ing sihoulettes so we can direct our thirst to someone even remotely tangible instead of baseless leaks.
Problem is, a lot of the characters in Smash have easily identifiable shadows.

Besides Black Manta and Raiden, I wouldn't know any of those shadows because they look like "Generic person".

osby

Smash Obsessed

Show us some ****ing sihoulettes so we can direct our thirst to something even remotely tangible instead of baseless leaks.

Again? Not that I dislike Rorschach tests, but...

D

Deleted member

Edit: To keep this from being only ten characters, DLC is hype. Everyone have a good night or whatever time it is. Yadi ya.
I have a terribly disgusting fetish that i'm not ashamed of.

I like cute girls :)
I like men.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero

Modern practices? LOL

Next, you'll want is a good online experience.

Again? Not that I dislike Rorschach tests, but...
I mean... Sigh...

Last edited:

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who thinks it's too early for a Direct? I mean it's likely near, but I prefer it being showcased either on March or April so that way I wouldn't have to wait long for more information at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom