• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
OH GOD OH **** KIRBY LOOK OUT HES GONNA EAT YOU

OH NO HE HAS AIRPODS ON IS SLEEPING HE CANT HEAR US
Eh, I'm pretty sure the puffball will be fine, eaten or not. This is Kirby we're talking about after all...

I said Reimu, not Yos- okay, this is pretty cute.
Think of it as an example of a Kirby x [other Smash character] pic in the only way I know how :yoshi:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
hey Indie rep/"rep" itself isn't a thing.

Sakurai/Nintendo do whatever they want.

We can get Reimu, Shantae, Shovel Knight, and Steve (if he still counts as indie) all in one.

edit: also Sans & Papyrus because we need them.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
hey Indie rep/"rep" itself isn't a thing.

Sakurai/Nintendo do whatever they want.

We can get Reimu, Shantae, Shovel Knight, and Steve (if he still counts as indie) all in one.
Steve most certainly ain't Indie after Microsoft bought Minecraft I'd wager.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Yo , you know what would be cool?
An fanart of a Roster made of the most requested character from SmashBoards!

Noipoi

Howdy!
If the 7th is the day, we'll be getting an announcement tomorrow.

If it's not announced, i'll never trust in Reggie gifs again.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Please tell me I'm not the only one who purchased the Pass already and as such won't complain about who the remaining challengers are because I made an investment trusting Sakurai & his team to deliver me quality content as they have done so for years.
Nope, I purchased it and won't complain. Sakurai himself even said in the Direct to only purchase it if you were confident you were going to buy/want all the characters anyways, which is a pretty remarkable statement given that it's cautioning people against buying it, when most companies/developers would rather just sell as much as they can.

The only DLC character for Smash 4 that I didn't buy was Corrin, because who cares. No one in my family played Ryu, Cloud, or Bayonetta, though, because no one in my family is a fan of those games, but I still bought them because they were such landmark characters to make it into Smash that it was cool just to have them there. Plus their stages were cool, too.

My attitude is the same with Ultimate. I'd buy Joker anyways because that's just a cool character to have in the game, even though I've never played Persona 5 (yet). As long as the characters are significant and make a lot of people happy, I'm fine with whoever they add. My criticism of Steve as a possibility is because there's actual evidence for him, and I don't think he's well-rounded enough (heh) of a character to work. But if he is added somehow, I wouldn't really complain, because I know it'd be cool for a lot of people, and it'd be a big deal. That's all I care about.

Well, maybe not for this Erdrick fellow, if the consensus about his probability is to be believed. I've barely laid eyes on a Dragon Quest game, so I have no care for him or his series at all. I know Japan is wild about it, but in the West it's a niche series. Which is why I'm skeptical about its chances. Sakurai knows more than anyone how important it is to recognize your audience with characters, and I doubt he'd go with a character whose appeal is primarily Japanese for DLC. In the base game, bundled with Ridley and K. Rool and such, sure. But as a standalone purchase? That's a different marketing situation altogether, and with the public limitation of 5 characters, those 5 have to be as major and broadly appealing as possible.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I said Reimu, not Yos- okay, this is pretty cute.

Thanks.

I just liked the aesthetics, tbh.
Does this count?

You all are horny. I never heard of this bizarre game until now.
Touhou isn't really risque/lewd/perverted at all though.

Well, canon-wise at least.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Joker gameplay is definitely happening.

The question will be if they show off Brave.
I think they will. But he will not be close to release yet. Like how they showed off Bayo and Cloud a couple months before they were ready. Joker will probably get released either this month or next.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
> In Mother, the character Pippi, who joins Ninten's party for a bit, calls him "brave"

> Ness is from Mother's sequel, Mother 2

> Undertale takes inspiration from Mother 2

> Sans is from Undertale

> The "Sans is Ness" theory became a meme

> Sans could also be considered "brave" in a way, even if he's mostly lazy, and Ness is brave as well

*hey, i heard y'all like indies.

Shroob

Sup?
I think they will. But he will not be close to release yet. Like how they showed off Bayo and Cloud a couple months before they were ready. Joker will probably get released either this month or next.
Ya see, I'm hesitant to say Joker 'this' month when we just got the 2.0 update a few days ago. You'd think they'd have saved that.

I feel like Brave is closer to being done than we think, the fact that we know Brave is being worked on alongside Joker thanks to the datamining makes me question if they won't reveal Brave and then have Joker and Brave release the same day.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I bet we're not even getting a microsoft character.
this hurts my soul...

but it might be true...

-I feel like I should bring up this IndieGamerChick person on twitter who talked about Banjo-Kazooie and implied they'd be Smash DLC as well as on an N64 Classic, but her tweets were deleted. idk about her credibility, but apparently she's leaked some stuff before and people listen to her.

Last edited:

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
If it doesn't come this month, then we won't have had a general Direct since SEPTEMBER.

It almost has to at this point.
So wait if we do get a Direct this month, will the last general Direct magically move up to November?

Sorry, my brain does not let me let go of meaningless semantics

osby

Smash Obsessed
> In Mother, the character Pippi, who joins Ninten's party for a bit, calls him "brave"

> Ness is from Mother's sequel, Mother 2

> Undertale takes inspiration from Mother 2

> Sans is from Undertale

> The "Sans is Ness" theory became a meme

> Sans could also be considered "brave" in a way, even if he's mostly lazy, and Ness is brave as well

*hey, i heard y'all like indies.
STOP THERE!

Nah, jk, I'd be okay with Sans

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Rate this roster, fools!
View attachment 190547
Quality - 9/10
These are solid, iconic characters. Smash's status as a crossover is elevated by them, I'd say.
Personal taste - 2/10
Personally, I only care one iota about Joker. The rest I could not be more indifferent to
(Though Sakurai would create great movesets for them, indubitably).

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Guys, that’s not Erdrick’s Shield. It could be any shield..:

Just not Erdricks.

Fight me

Shroob

Sup?
So wait if we do get a Direct this month, will the last general Direct magically move up to November?

Sorry, my brain does not let me let go of meaningless semantics
Unsure what you mean.

Our last General Direct was September, and we had a Smash focused Direct in November.

Investors are probably getting anxious to see some new and worked on titles that Nintendo are working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom