• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
Edelgard is one of the few characters that would absolutely upset me if she was chosen.
If Rex and Springman (two significantly more interesting characters with a much larger moveset potential) were shafted because the games were revealed too late, but Edelgard is fine, despite being revealed later, it'd feel like they decided to put a FE rep as DLC before they even knew what the characters were.

I don't feel like an axe makes her any different than a sword character, gameplay wise, they're both disjoints. Unless there's a gimmick with the character I don't know about. Corrin and Robin are interesting enough with their gimmicks. I don't even think that characters with swords are bad either.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
No offense to Edlegard fans, but

If we get EIGHT Fire Emblem characters in Smash.......

Actually, ya know what? That's pretty cool actually. Nevermind me, I like the idea.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I hope Brave is a completely uncalled for character just so every leak out there is proven fake and speculation can be interesting again, since we wouldn't be so focused on leaks.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
No offense to Edlegard fans, but

If we get EIGHT Fire Emblem characters in Smash.......

Actually, ya know what? That's pretty cool actually. Nevermind me, I like the idea.
Let's round out the FE Cast.

Give us an eighth character so that we can do an FE only 8-Player Smash.

Let's do it.

You're right.

I shouldn't have said Touhou.
NO SWAMP, YOU SAID THE T WORD!

AND YOU SPELLED IT CORRECTLY THIS TIME!

YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL

osby

Smash Obsessed

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

So:
Option A: Edelgard
Option B: Female Erdrick
Option 3: Shantae
Option 4: It's not Smash

I wonder which it will be.
You're missing option 5.
Cristina Vee voices a Nintendo character with 5 in her name.

Time to go to bed...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Hallo Gott von Yoshis Insel.

Is this another hentai fighting game?
Nah, though Touhou actually does have fighting games. Several, in fact.

I really love the remixes in those games. The originals too.

Catastophe in Bhava Agra - Wonderful Heaven and Lost Emotion are some of my favorite Touhou songs ever.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I guess I don't understand why we're going for Indie series for Smash when we could be adding big time games and universes. Like make no mistake, people are allowed to like what they like, and I don't blame people for liking what they like. But there are a ton of series that should, for historical gaming relevance, be in a game like Smash when it comes to 3rd parties.

I realize that I, Scoliosis Jones, am like the, "gameplay matters most!" guy, but 3rd parties aren't something that you just add. Sakurai himself, originally, said that 3rd parties aren't going to be added "willy nilly". Thus far, he's added video gaming icons across generations, save for Bayonetta who I don't really consider the same as Sonic, Mega Man, Snake, Pac-Man, Cloud, Ryu, or Simon. Joker is close, but he's mainly the breakout character of the latest Persona game.

Indie characters are not, regardless of their longevity in whichever region, nearly as large as these series and characters. I try to be neutral with certain things, but I have to honestly say that capping off the "biggest crossover event in gaming history" with Indie characters and not legitimate gaming juggernauts would be not only an anti-climactic moment, but would be a sour note to end the game on, in my humble opinion. It could also be that I probably won't move on from this Smash to the next if it doesn't have the same scope as Ultimate.

To put it into perspective, this is a game being propped up to be where "gaming icons collide" and was specifically stated to be the "biggest gaming crossover event". Characters that match or exceed the caliber of the characters in Smash already look like, in my humble opinion of being a lifelong gamer and owning all 3 current generation consoles, this:

Heihachi- Tekken
Leon Kennedy, Jill Valentine, Chris Redfield- Resident Evil
Master Chief- Halo
Nathan Drake- Uncharted
Kratos- God of War
Ryu Hayabusa- Ninja Gaiden
Doomguy- Doom
Steve- Minecraft
Rayman
Crash Bandicoot
Dante- Devil May Cry
Monster Hunter- Monster Hunter
Ezio Auditore- Assassin's Creed
Scorpion or Sub-Zero: Mortal Kombat
Sora- Kingdom Hearts

There are quite a few others I could add onto this list, but let's be honest. Indie characters don't reach the same scale as these series do. There's nothing wrong with wanting one, but seriously expecting them? Eh...again, it's not like you're a bad person for wanting one. But if it's not Shovel Knight or even Quote, I personally can't see it happening.

I'm really not even trying to be a **** about it, I just think it's...odd that so many top tier gaming series are being flat out ignored. If you look at this list, you can obviously rule out a good amount of the characters there for a variety of reasons. But the thing is, they're all at least mostly iconic from pretty notable series in gaming.

I have my own predictions, and that restricts the DLC picks even more. But I would temper your expectations if you're expecting an Indie.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I hope Brave is a completely uncalled for character just so every leak out there is proven fake and speculation can be interesting again, since we wouldn't be so focused on leaks.
I want the same thing, but this site will go up in flames either way.

Character is Erdrick: "Welp, there goes one of the DLC slots! Wasted!"

Character isn't Erdrick: "Seriously!? What's wrong with Edrick!?"

Character is a combo package of Waluigi, Banjo, and Isaac: "So no Geno!?"

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So we've officially reached page 649.

That's the number of Pokemon as of Gen 5.

So we enter Gen 6 on the next page.

D

Deleted member

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
The problem with this DLC is that we know how many characters we are getting, so instead of people being hyped for getting new characters, they're mostly worrying about slots being filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom